• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
I used to.smoke 20-40 a day but quit over twenty years ago. These last few weeks, I've been getting the odd craving and it's getting more and more intense. I nearly asked a neighbour for one last night when we were chatting and oh me, oh my, I want one today. No idea where this has come from - or why but it is so, so tempting. I'm trying to remind myself of all the reasons I quit, what's happened to prices compared to my income over the last couple of decades etc but argh!

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske, divinemistress36, Forveleth and 3 others
L

Ln42

Ihm/iai
Jun 13, 2018
I'm an ex smoker and I still have moments where I think oh I'll have a cigarette, like after a big meal and then I realise I don't smoke anymore. I try and remind myself of how I must have smelt when I smoked and as you say the prices now are astronomical! I hate that I still have cravings but I'm only about a year in after 30 years of smoking. You have done amazingly to have quit for so long. Remember the cravings will pass etc....etc....

• Love
Reactions: rozeske and Forveleth
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
What's ridiculous is that when I was on the ward, I hated how the vapes smelled and I hated how people who were allowed leaved smelled when they came back after chain smoking furiously anyone they were gone (and I've been like that since I quit) so I've no idea what this is all about. And it's not after eating or when I'm driving or anything like that: the big associations. It's when I'm feeling really, really depressed and low and hating myself, but the years I smoked included some of the happiest, most successful and productive years of my life. 🤷

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: rozeske, Forveleth and Ln42
L

Ln42

Ihm/iai
Jun 13, 2018
It's weird how the mind works!
I imagine it's because of how low you are atm but strange the urge comes out of nowhere and not your old triggers like driving or a meal. Let's hope it passes along quickly, and keep reminding yourself why you don't do it anymore.

• Love
Reactions: rozeske, Forveleth and Ash
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's when I'm feeling really, really depressed and low and hating myself, but the years I smoked included some of the happiest, most successful and productive years of my life.
Maybe now it's sth the brain wants as a coping mechanism?

Idk why you feel an urge after so many years again. I also quit smoking over 20 years ago.

• Love
Reactions: rozeske
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Maybe now it's sth the brain wants as a coping mechanism?

Idk why you feel an urge after so many years again. I also quit smoking over 20 years ago.
Could well be. In the late 90s, early 20s it seemed that we all smoked and sending us out mid-meeting for a cigarette break was a good way to calm tempers when things got heated.

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske and Praestat_Mori
set0553

set0553

самоубийство
May 16, 2024
Still a smoker. Prob pack a day, and I'm not quitting, 😂 ever, cuz quitters never win dammit! Hopefully the things kill me!

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash and Praestat_Mori