W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020
Around ten days ago, I began noticing problems with the onscreen keyboard on my Samsung S8+ closing unexpectedly at times on this site. Sometimes but not always, when I hit the backspace key, the keyboard will disappear until I click the text area again. Also when I try to use the search box, the keyboard appears only for a moment before closing before I can type anything, so I am forced to first copy the text I want to search for and paste it to the search box. I did open tickets on both issues today and if I get any resolution on them, I will try to update this thread. I saw a post from another user that said he experienced the backspace issue. I just wanted to inform others that if you have these issues, you aren't alone.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Sorry you're having phone troubles. We use them for everything; a glitch just makes life more frustrating.

Shameless Blackberry devotee here - I need the actual keyboard. I know this post is pointless, I just like bringing up Blackberry - it livens up the discussion at times :hihi:

Reactions: Deleted member 1465, GoodPersonEffed and Throwawaysoul
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Does your phone software need an update maybe?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I just wanted to inform others that if you have these issues, you aren't alone.

I use a tablet and sometimes a smartphone, and I've always had various keyboard issues in comment boxes, search, and member lookup. Like OP, only on this site.

I also have a bluetooth keyboard, and I never experience any problems when I use it instead.

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling
W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020
UPDATE: I never received any response to either of the tickets I created for these two issues, but they are both now resolved. I first noticed there was no longer any issues with backspacing approximately 5 to 10 days ago.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Interesting. Because I'm still having this EXACT problem.

It hates the enter key as well.

• Wow
Reactions: WearyOfStruggling