flyinghigh

flyinghigh

May 3, 2023
does anyone else make up small goals in order to delay the inevitable? it could be something like finishing up graduation or it could be something small like waiting for a game to come out so you can play it?

i used to do this and its getting a lil tough again so does any1 have any better suggestions

Reactions: gggy
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
Yep, I've decided that I can't kill myself until I finish med school, and if I get kicked out I'm definitely killing myself immidiately.

• Love
Reactions: throwawayyy and SoftWorries
uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
yeah. i tell myself i should just buy this one thing i've always wanted to buy before ctb.
Yep, I've decided that I can't kill myself until I finish med school, and if I get kicked out I'm definitely killing myself immidiately.
how is medical school? do you at least love it? i was there for a while and made me suicidal af, though the ideation was definitely worse when i quit (i felt like an utter failure and disappointment.) i thought being out of medschool would fix my suicidal ideation but alas...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: throwawayyy and StolenLife
Not.Flugel

Not.Flugel

✨Invaild Pharmacy Student✨
May 7, 2023
Med school is hard af, you should be proud of yourself. My grades weren't enough for me to get into Med school, so now its pharmacy.

• Hugs
Reactions: StolenLife
flyinghigh

flyinghigh

May 3, 2023
aint no way bec im a med kid too lmao
although doing an easier field (physical therapy)

• Hugs
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
does anyone else make up small goals in order to delay the inevitable? it could be something like finishing up graduation or it could be something small like waiting for a game to come out so you can play it?

i used to do this and its getting a lil tough again so does any1 have any better suggestions
If you think there is any chance that life will eventually improve, I'd say that is a great strategy. One of the best. If there is no chance at all that life will improve - and if you are absolutely certain of that - then it's completely pointless. I don;t know which situation you are in.

Reactions: Source Energy
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
yeah. i tell myself i should just buy this one thing i've always wanted to buy before ctb.

how is medical school? do you at least love it? i was there for a while and made me suicidal af, though the ideation was definitely worse when i quit (i felt like an utter failure and disappointment.) i thought being out of medschool would fix my suicidal ideation but alas...
Well I definitely bit off more than I could chew. I like learning about human body and I like the idea of helping people... But I really, really, really hate how it's structured with so many hard subjects all at the same time so that I can't focus on them properly. And I don't like some of my classmates... Overall I have mixed opinions of it, but I'm glad I'm there because at least it gives me a purpose and a goal to work towards. I hope that you are able to find something else that you like.
Med school is hard af, you should be proud of yourself. My grades weren't enough for me to get into Med school, so now its pharmacy.
Pharmacy sounds cool as well, though I didn't go into it because I struggle with biochemistry. Therefore, you should also be proud of yourself, I'd never be able to finish pharmacy.
aint no way bec im a med kid too lmao
although doing an easier field (physical therapy)
Hi, fellow med student :) Physical therapy sounds awesome, keep going!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Not.Flugel and uniqueusername39
uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
And I don't like some of my classmates
This exactly. I did not mind the curriculum much, it's just that my classmates made the environment more toxic than it should have! They are secretive with information, form cliques, and competitive in recitations. Competition could be a healthy thing, but it wasn't, and it was draining to deal with mean people all day every day, it felt like I was back in fucking high school with how immature they could be, and I was stuck thinking "I'd rather be dead than here." i don't understand what made me stick out like a sore thumb in the crowd there, i know i am intensely introverted and the fault might be mine, but i didn't feel so isolated in college even if i was myself. I teach college biochem and histology now. I'm not as stressed out as I was in there and my coworkers are actually nice chill people. I still study the human body, focusing on two lessons a week rather than 5+ a week like back in medschool. Still, the grass is not greener here. I still think of what I just let go and have to fight to distract myself to not spiral in regret. So...some parts are better, some are not.

Thanks for the well wishes and this nice conversation. I am trying to love myself despite my failures. I wish you success with your journey, I am glad to hear that you're at least not so miserable that you're cursing medschool every second, like I was. nothing but respect to people who go through there. But more than success, happiness.

Last edited:
  • Love