Blackoutchange

Blackoutchange

Aug 6, 2024
Sorry for another post lol
I have a question to people who tried to commit by slitting your wrists, sorry if the questions are stupid
Were there any side effects after this? Besides obviously being taken to mental hospital if someone found you,
I also need to know how long it takes to black out and finally die, and if it hurt
I know the feeling of losing blood but i'd like it to be possibly not extremaly hurtful

Before any of you try to comment that this method is very not likely to kill me, I know and this is why I chose this one. My mother is a bit of a control freak and she won't let me leave the home without a good reason, if I will hang myself she is most likely to find me in out home so this is very risky.

No More Tears

No More Tears

I'm tired of missing the bus.
Jul 26, 2024
Slitting your wrists is not like you see in the movies. It's just not that simple, or easy.

It's extremely painful, and you have to cut deep. So if not done correctly, you won't bleed out.

Side affects would mostly be scars, and if you did manage to do severe damage, may have surgery to repair the damage.

You do have me confused about this. At one point you asked how long it would take to bleed out and die, then in your last paragraph, you acknowledge that you know it's not very likely to kill you, and that's why you are choosing this route.

I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, I'm just trying to understand.

Arahant

Arahant

Student
Jun 15, 2024
Been there, tried that. Only leaves scars unless you cut into a tendon.

Doesn't work the way you think it will. Can't say I recommend it.

You would be astonished at how many survival instincts and reflexes the body has.
I cut along the artery, as you are supposed to and all I got was a white gash. Took several minutes to even start bleeding.
Turns out that veins have tiny muscles and connective tissue around them, that make them like slippery, oily little eels when you are under stress. Very good to survive being attacked by a leopard, makes it very hard to ctb that way.

I don't have words for the empty feeling I had when looking at that pale white wound.

• Aww..
Reactions: HowToCTB and Blackoutchange
Blackoutchange

Blackoutchange

Aug 6, 2024
Slitting your wrists is not like you see in the movies. It's just not that simple, or easy.

It's extremely painful, and you have to cut deep. So if not done correctly, you won't bleed out.

Side affects would mostly be scars, and if you did manage to do severe damage, may have surgery to repair the damage.

You do have me confused about this. At one point you asked how long it would take to bleed out and die, then in your last paragraph, you acknowledge that you know it's not very likely to kill you, and that's why you are choosing this route.

I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, I'm just trying to understand.
The thing is there is a very high risk that my mom will find me and this is why I want to chose a method that won't have any drastic side effects like hanging, hope this explains

Reactions: No More Tears
Arahant

Arahant

Student
Jun 15, 2024
Don't do cutting/bleeding to ctb. Unless you are a trained surgeon or samurai committing seppuku with a katana.

Perhaps look into the "night-night" method, and apply it when your mom is fast asleep.

Reactions: wurli and Blackoutchange
Blackoutchange

Blackoutchange

Aug 6, 2024
Don't do cutting/bleeding to ctb. Unless you are a trained surgeon or samurai committing seppuku with a katana.

Perhaps look into the "night-night" method, and apply it when your mom is fast asleep.
Heard that its unreliable method but I prefer it over hanging, thanks