O

On Edge

Mar 15, 2020
In high school, one of my teachers CTB by cutting her throat with an electric knife. The type used for carving turkeys etc. I know the chances if this working for me are slim but I'm wondering if anyone has heard of anyone else successfully CTB using this method.
This is a terrible method. If you survive you could loose your voice and have a massive gash in your neck. You may never if ever get out of the psychward too.

wonderworld

wonderworld

w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶
Jun 5, 2020
i've known people who cut their throat by just using a razor blade and nearly died, they usually cut the side of their neck tho

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Blood vessels around mouth go to eyes, if u cut them u go blind, so thats what I thought, its like all connected

Only in this universe... :smiling:

iu

BabyBirch

BabyBirch

Jul 21, 2020
Maybe it just seems more suitable to punish oneself and whoever has to deal with one's body by going out with a horrendous shriek instead of a sigh or whisper. There was once a thread about what different methods communicate. Maybe I'll try to find it.

I was thinking that a chain saw would be "preferable" because its weight would provide more momentum to carry a swing through, once one initiated it. I don't think many tree knots will get in its way in one's neck.

Again, I'm not recommending either tool, or any other. Just discussing hypotheticals that I have no expertise on.
Could you try and find the thread? Op's daughter here. She ended up jumping 11 stories from a parking garage 6/7/20. She left her disabled daughter (me) to find the knives and chainsaw. I am trying to understand why she would even entertain these methodologies... she was a psychologist ffs. I would have been the one to find her if she did any of these things... I was already struggling with strong ideation before this.

• Aww..
Reactions: Meditation guide and Good4Nothing
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Could you try and find the thread? Op's daughter here. She ended up jumping 11 stories from a parking garage 6/7/20. She left her disabled daughter (me) to find the knives and chainsaw. I am trying to understand why she would even entertain these methodologies... she was a psychologist ffs. I would have been the one to find her if she did any of these things... I was already struggling with strong ideation before this.

@BabyBirch, I'm very sorry for your loss and for your struggle to understand what led your mother to consider - or anyway to ponder - these harsh methods.

The thread about what various methods express was just something I'm interested in; it wasn't based on any expertise, unfortunately. But for what it's worth:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/methods-as-forms-of-expression.17321/

Again, I'm sorry you're having to go through this.

• Love
Reactions: BabyBirch and Good4Nothing
mooncake

mooncake

Student
Aug 7, 2020
In high school, one of my teachers CTB by cutting her throat with an electric knife. The type used for carving turkeys etc. I know the chances if this working for me are slim but I'm wondering if anyone has heard of anyone else successfully CTB using this method.

That sounds really messy

BabyBirch

BabyBirch

Jul 21, 2020
That sounds really messy
I corroborated this anecdote with both my aunt and uncle who went to the same high school as her and had the same teachers. No such thing ever happened. OP (my mom) did attempt in 1984 by slitting her throat and wrists while 5 months pregnant but got scared and called for help I guess. SI kicked in. She also purchased the chainsaw before even posting about it here (found the postmarked box while cleaning out her closet.) She had enough Propanolol to kill four grown adults so why she was so hell-bent on recreating that attempt is beyond me. She had a tremor so cutting was particularly insane. Nevermind that I would have had to have found her like that. .__.
@BabyBirch, I'm very sorry for your loss and for your struggle to understand what led your mother to consider - or anyway to ponder - these harsh methods.

The thread about what various methods express was just something I'm interested in; it wasn't based on any expertise, unfortunately. But for what it's worth:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/methods-as-forms-of-expression.17321/

Again, I'm sorry you're having to go through this.
Thank you. I know she loved me very much, we were so close- closer than ever, in fact. We promised one another to help each other through this. Heights were her greatest fear so jumping from 300ft is really hard to fathom, since she did have so much extra medication at her disposal and could have gone peacefully. Her google searches went from undetectable methods/SN to... hacking herself apart. The general consensus is that she went to jump (the parking garages in that area were a suicide hotspot due to unmonitored roof access and no barriers) because she didn't want me to be the one to find her. I saw her right before she left to die. Maybe ten minutes before. Toxicology report showed near OD levels of Xanax, Topimax, Trazadone and Diphyhydramine... which she asked me for at 9pm the night before. Must have been trying to suppress her fear response enough to do it? I went to go get her stuff from the police and then a package came for her with the knives and stuff... I searched her e-mail for the purchase date and saw she reactivated her acct here shortly after buying a bunch of scary shit (the chainsaw, two black & decker electric knives, caster beans). I just don't understand how she could have that many drugs at her disposal and opt for this Tom & Jerry shit, with me being in the house. I know she loved me and agonized over the abandonment issues and CPTSD I already has from my abusive dad/brother and medical isolation. She kept saying she didn't want to die. I just don't understand at all.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Soul and Good4Nothing
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I'm sorry for your loss, BabyBirch.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and BabyBirch
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm sorry, @BabyBirch. It sounds very confusing and distressing to find her posts and the items she ordered. I hope it's some comfort to know she loves you and that she chose a method that would protect you from having to find her.

BabyBirch

BabyBirch

Jul 21, 2020
Thank you. It just breaks my heart to think that her last moments were absolute terror. There was a witness when she landed who described it as sounding like a car accident.
Thank you. The only solace I can find is that she died instantly. ME said she didn't feel a thing. But it was still a gruesome death. My beautiful mama's face was w
I'm sorry, @BabyBirch. It sounds very confusing and distressing to find her posts and the items she ordered. I hope it's some comfort to know she loves you and that she chose a method that would protect you from having to find her.
It's probably the only comfort. If I found her all mutilated like that I would have probably not lasted the six weeks I needed to stay there in order to pack up and move 150 miles away in a pandemic. But she did still choose a very violent method, and her fear of heights is something that has stuck with me since I was little. The ME had to ID her based on my description of her throat and wrist scars. "The facial features are distorted due to numerous fractures of the calvarium, nasal bones, right and left maxillary bones, and mandible. A 5 inch gaping laceration of the forehead just right of the midline exposes underlying fractured frontal bones and lacerated brain tissue. The calvarium is fractured into large pieces. The right and left anterior and middle cranial fossae are shattered."

She died instantly, but the idea of her choosing a method that would be the scariest for her- her last moments of sheer terror and then the oiteration of my mommy's sweet face and body that was my first home.... I wish she went night-night. Peaceful sleep. I wish I could have held her hand. She deserved better than that. Frankly, so did I. I loved her so, so much and I'm horrified by how much my vision of what it probably looked like lined up with the autopsy description. My father's partner CTB's by GSW less than three years ago and that was awful, awful, but it's so different when it's your mommy. I loved no one more in this world. All because of tax debt. She said she loved her family and wanted to be here. :( I love her and want her to be here... I wish I could feel her presence still somehow but it's just a void. She just feels gone. Part of me died with her, I think.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Soul and Good4Nothing