Sweet517

Sweet517

Oct 5, 2019
In high school, one of my teachers CTB by cutting her throat with an electric knife. The type used for carving turkeys etc. I know the chances if this working for me are slim but I'm wondering if anyone has heard of anyone else successfully CTB using this method.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: On Edge and InTheAirTonight
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
If you cut deep enough it'd pretty much guaranteed that you're going to die, but just as people will admit to anything under torture, I'm quite sure any average person will do anything to stop the pain of cutting

S

Sail_to_Infinity

Feb 24, 2020
In high school, one of my teachers CTB by cutting her throat with an electric knife. The type used for carving turkeys etc. I know the chances if this working for me are slim but I'm wondering if anyone has heard of anyone else successfully CTB using this method.
You won't get out of a psych ward for months or years is way more likely than succes of CTB operation like this so I wouldn't recommend.

Reactions: _Minsk
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

Are you sure you heard the truth about her suicide method? A lot of rumours and misinformation tend to go around children in these situations.

Regardless, I think it would be very painful and unpleasant. Wait, you were the one who started the chainsaw thread recently, and that developed into discussion of the electric knife also. Were things not answered there?

Reactions: Walilamdzi, Theodora, GoodPersonEffed and 3 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Honestly I think a chainsaw would be preferable - not that I recommend either approach.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
You should hook up with chainsaw guy.

Wait, you were the one who started the chainsaw thread recently

Oh, wait, you are chainsaw guy!
Can't wait to see what terrifying, gruesome, gory, excruciatingly painfull method you come up with next.

Last edited:
Reactions: kcn2020, aedric_artifact, woxihuanni and 6 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yes I have seen several people use some kind of electric saw like Andrey Emelyannikov although he used a circuler saw and just yesterday I saw pictures of a person who ctb by slicing his throat with a knife but I think if one were to use such a painfull method some kind of electric saw would be best since you just start it and apply pressure and the saw will do the cutting instead of manually have to do it back and forth slowly (relative to the fast electric action)

Sweet517

Sweet517

Oct 5, 2019
Yes,, I am the " chainsaw guy" and it was one of my teachers who CTB with the carving knife. That's actually what gave me the idea in the first place.

SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
Yes,, I am the " chainsaw guy" and it was one of my teachers who CTB with the carving knife. That's actually what gave me the idea in the first place.

I was actually thinking the other day about a handheld circular saw for a throat method, but I think of a lot of things in idle moments, and highly doubt I'd have the courage to actually take action with such a gory method

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Since we have methods like SN and full suspension hanging. There isn't a need for such an extreme method. I suggest avoiding cutting as it isn't reliable and hang be life damaging if found alive.

A

AcornUnderground

Mage
Feb 28, 2020
A few weeks ago, a guy crossed the street in my town at a crosswalk/stoplight and slit his throat with a box cutter halfway across. My friend was at the stoplight. Awful.

• Wow
Reactions: Lost_the_will2_live
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Different people want different things from our deaths.

Reactions: luneetétoiles and GoodPersonEffed
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
iu
Any user considering a chainsaw should read these two responses (#27/#28) in the earlier chainsaw thread. They clearly explains the mechanisms which make this method so painful and possibly unsuccessful.

T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
Electric knife? lol. No.

I read a news about a boy in Russia (age 19), who kill himself but saw his neck off with an ELECTRIC SAW.
His parents has alot of HUGE woods and they use electric saw to cut it. And he use it on himself, his neck.

That take ALOT of DETERMINATION. Your neck is thick, that sure take da-mn alot determination to finish it. Must hurt like hell too. But he dead anyways, rest in peace to him.

Knife, lol no. I would go with an electric saw like that Russian boy.

E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
Even if it is possible ,it will not be a peaceful method

Reactions: autumnal
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I suppose ive always had the assumption that everyone would be like myself and want the least suffering possible when ctb. Maybe its wrong to assume this. Id be interested in understanding why the op is looking for a painful gruesome way out over the more peaceful and accessible methods detailed on this site.

DJ2000

DJ2000

Apr 23, 2020
Honestly I think a chainsaw would be preferable - not that I recommend either approach.
Chainsaws break if they get any moisture in them or hit a nail in a piece of wood.

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Sure it's possible. Think hard enough and you'll find a way to ctb using a plastic picnic knife.
If you're not that interested in peace and being in copious amounts of physical pain then any method will fit the bill.
SI on the other hand... A botched attempt and subsequent mental and physical disability...

Reactions: Good4Nothing
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
I suppose ive always had the assumption that everyone would be like myself and want the least suffering possible when ctb. Maybe its wrong to assume this. Id be interested in understanding why the op is looking for a painful gruesome way out over the more peaceful and accessible methods detailed on this site.

Maybe it just seems more suitable to punish oneself and whoever has to deal with one's body by going out with a horrendous shriek instead of a sigh or whisper. There was once a thread about what different methods communicate. Maybe I'll try to find it.

I was thinking that a chain saw would be "preferable" because its weight would provide more momentum to carry a swing through, once one initiated it. I don't think many tree knots will get in its way in one's neck.

Again, I'm not recommending either tool, or any other. Just discussing hypotheticals that I have no expertise on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mm80
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

Perhaps this is the OP? :))

iu

Reactions: Lastsauce and Mm80
E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
This is the main goal in ctb .Finding the most reliable ,peacful method to end the life without any damage to others . I don't see any logical reason that someone wants to torture and herself in the time of death

Last edited:
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
This is the main goal in ctb .Finding the most reliable ,peacful method to end the life without any damage to others . I don't see any logical reason that someone wants to torture and herself in the time of death
I agree that's the way to go and hope op re considers.
I think it's about self hatred when people use gruesome methods. They are destroying their bodies because they hate themselves imo. I think the rest of us might not hate ourselves as much just the world we live in.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019

If peaceful + reliable are your main goals, that's fine, but they aren't everyone's. Some people are angrier than they are weary or sad. As @Mm80 notes, self-hatred may play a role. Many people here self-harm, so why would they choose a gentle sleepy-type exit? (Rhetorical question there - no need to respond.)

Of course you're free to comment as you like. But someone else's suicide isn't required to seem logical to you, just as no one here is going to try to convince you to use a guillotine if you don't want to.

Here's that old thread about what different methods express:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/methods-as-forms-of-expression.17321/

Last edited:
Reactions: woxihuanni and Mm80
H

hatelife

Experienced
Oct 13, 2019
I was thinking something similar after watching scarface movie, in the scene where they used chainsaw in bathroom to cut their limbs of one by one. I dont think I like Sn method that I have its I dont know too much waiting around and enough to cause anxiety n SI to kick in for me, ki would also want something quick to end it all when I cant stand my life n anxiety sometimes.
How could Aviici kilm his himself with glass of a bottle in throat, does anyone know where to aim on the throat, can it causr blindness?

Last edited:
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
How could Aviici kilm his himself with glass of a bottle in throat, does anyone know where to aim on the throat, can it causr blindness?

If you look in the night-night megathread, there are diagrams explaining the anatomy of the neck. There are doubtless also threads you can search for specifically related to cutting the blood vessels in the neck. Note that this is not going to be peaceful, nor necessarily instant. Would certainly recommend other methods over this.

Why would cutting the throat lead to blindness? You'd have to miss by a pretty wide margin! :))

Reactions: hatelife
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
Aren't these just based off of assumptions. Everyone thinks of a way to off themselves. I don't think they are angry. Not everyone can get N. Suicide isn't painless.

E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
If peaceful + reliable are your main goals, that's fine, but they aren't everyone's. Some people are angrier than they are weary or sad. As @Mm80 notes, self-hatred may play a role. Many people here self-harm, so why would they choose a gentle sleepy-type exit? (Rhetorical question there - no need to respond.)

Of course you're free to comment as you like. But someone else's suicide isn't required to seem logical to you, just as no one here is going to try to convince you to use a guillotine if you don't want to.

Here's that old thread about what different methods express:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/methods-as-forms-of-expression.17321/
I don't know . Maybe I am an unusual person . I hate nothing in the world more than myself . I am really angrey for what this world and people did to me . I pushed my head to the wall badly last week and I feel that it caused a brain damage ( I have runny nose since that happened and I am still confused . it looks like the brain liquid leakage. . But I am a coward . I don't have even the courage to ctb using SN. This is why this is confusing for me if someone want to ctb using painful methods

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and Soul
H

hatelife

Experienced
Oct 13, 2019
If you look in the night-night megathread, there are diagrams explaining the anatomy of the neck. There are doubtless also threads you can search for specifically related to cutting the blood vessels in the neck. Note that this is not going to be peaceful, nor necessarily instant. Would certainly recommend other methods over this.

Why would cutting the throat lead to blindness? You'd have to miss by a pretty wide margin! :))
Blood vessels around mouth go to eyes, if u cut them u go blind, so thats what I thought, its like all connected

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Some people are angrier than they are weary or sad.

Excellent point. Also it is, in a way, lonelier to be angry. Most people are sad and suffering and want to die. I don't want to die, and am furious that I have to. Chainsaws wouldn't do anything for me, though. More like press the magical 'destroy all but my friends' nuke button.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul