demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Is anyone else stuck in the cycle of sleeping all day and weeking up at night/evening?

It's not like I really have anything to do but it still annoys me. Though I can be a night owl I do like seeing the daylight as well. Guess it makes me depressed that I can sleep the day away and nothing in my life changed.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137, mediocre, Bauhaus and 8 others
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
If I could sleep with a catheter in me, I wouldn't need to get out of bed at all most days. I'd like that. Daylight's at a minimum this time of year where I am anyway, and it's usually been overcast and gloomy.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, Trannydiary, BitterlyAlive_ and 1 other person
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I'm a night owl in my very nature. I actively try to avoid being awake when it's light out if I can because it makes me feel worse for some reason. Like if I can't be productive at least I can hide in the dark.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, Trannydiary, BitterlyAlive_ and 1 other person
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
If I could sleep with a catheter in me, I wouldn't need to get out of bed at all most days.
Damn, that's intense. :( Catheters seem so unpleasant.

@demuic Do you remember how the sleeping trend began?

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020

@demuic Do you remember how the sleeping trend began?
Since I've gotten back home from college I think. It does happen to me regularly when I don't have something like school or a job to do. I stay up all night then fall asleep in the morning and wake up later and later. I was prescribed a sleeping pill (Trazodone) before to stop me from staying up and it had no affect on me.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, foxdie, BitterlyAlive_ and 1 other person
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I sleep 8am in the morning this week
And wake up 4pm or something night-time,

I then go on SN tracking/drink some more...

Ugh..-_-:notsure:

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, Sensei, stygal and 4 others
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
My sleep pattern is all over the place. I sometimes don't see daylight at all. Up all night and then sleep during the day. But I'm a chronic insomniac so can't get into a decent pattern of sleeping at night and then awake during the day. If I do get into a pattern it just gets messed up again anyway. My body will sleep when it wants to sleep, I can't control it. I think it's affecting me never seeing daylight. I'm now a vampire lol.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mediocre, Bauhaus, stygal and 3 others
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Since I've gotten back home from college I think. It does happen to me regularly when I don't have something like school or a job to do. I stay up all night then fall asleep in the morning and wake up later and later. I was prescribed a sleeping pill (Trazodone) before to stop me from staying up and it had no affect on me.
Ah, that makes sense. Doesn't make your situation any less frustrating of course, but you're definitely not alone with the circumstances. Trazodone didn't help me either, heh... Sedating meds don't really do anything for me.

Reactions: demuic
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020

I have never self administered a catheter, but my experiences with catheters in hospitals were unremarkable. After anesthesia while I was an inpatient unable to relieve myself, catheters did the job of emptying my bladder. I had one in me for over a week while in intensive care, and not having to get up to go to the bathroom was divine. I simply guzzled ginger ale to my heart's content. (I was on powerful narcotics which kept me constipated at the same time, but I was able to hit the bathroom a couple times and comfortably shower while the catheter remained inside me undisturbed.)

The idea of a catheter seems unpleasant, but my actual experiences with them were not. (I also had a preventative root canal procedure once, and that was no problem either. It's when the actual root canals are infected that you want to blow your brains out to stop the pain, but the procedure to relieve it brings blissful relief once the antibiotics kick it.)

• Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
I have never self administered a catheter, but my experiences with catheters in hospitals were unremarkable. After anesthesia while I was an inpatient unable to relieve myself, catheters did the job of emptying my bladder. I had one in me for over a week while in intensive care, and not having to get up to go to the bathroom was divine. I simply guzzled ginger ale to my heart's content. (I was on powerful narcotics which kept me constipated at the same time, but I was able to hit the bathroom a couple times and comfortably shower while the catheter remained inside me undisturbed.)

The idea of a catheter seems unpleasant, but my actual experiences with them were not. (I also had a preventative root canal procedure once, and that was no problem either. It's when the actual root canals are infected that you want to blow your brains out to stop the pain, but the procedure to relieve it brings blissful relief once the antibiotics kick it.)
I'm very glad you had a good experience with catheters lol. At my job I occasionally have to spend the day in a confused patient's room to keep them from yanking out their catheter. They definitely didn't seem to like having one in.

Never had a root canal, but I've heard that sentiment before. Eek :(

M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
Is anyone else stuck in the cycle of sleeping all day and weeking up at night/evening?

It's not like I really have anything to do but it still annoys me. Though I can be a night owl I do like seeing the daylight as well. Guess it makes me depressed that I can sleep the day away and nothing in my life changed.
Me. I weirdly feel more safe at night. Also more peaceful. Still depressed as hell though and want to sleep 24/7

• Love
Reactions: foxdie and BitterlyAlive_
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I'm very glad you had a good experience with catheters lol. At my job I occasionally have to spend the day in a confused patient's room to keep them from yanking out their catheter. They definitely didn't seem to like having one in.

Never had a root canal, but I've heard that sentiment before. Eek :(

There is no pain like dental pain, and an infected root from a cracked tooth is the worst. Often, no dose of oxycodone will touch the pain, so it can be necessary to wait until azithromycin kicks in to kill the infection itself.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I started a new bad habit too, I take ambien during the day so I can avoid everything and just be numb all the time. I'm trying hard to stop this.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, Bauhaus, Miss_Takes and 2 others
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
What? you mean sleeping during the day isn't normal? but Owls though......

Reactions: Skathon
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
My sleep schedule shifts constantly. It's like my body isn't on a 24 hour clock so I end up staying up a little later every single day until I go all the way around the clock, and then I just keep doing it. As such I'm awake nights about half the time.

Reactions: demuic
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
My sleep pattern is all over the place. I sometimes don't see daylight at all. Up all night and then sleep during the day. But I'm a chronic insomniac so can't get into a decent pattern of sleeping at night and then awake during the day. If I do get into a pattern it just gets messed up again anyway. My body will sleep when it wants to sleep, I can't control it. I think it's affecting me never seeing daylight. I'm now a vampire lol.
Same here

• Hugs
Reactions: Pookie
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
It's very tempting to sleep as much as possible. I used to do it at the start of my illness.
It does screw up your body and mind though. Upsets your neurotransmitter levels leading to worsening depression, wrecks your endocrine system, causes postural drops in blood pressure and then when you really need to sleep, you can't.
We need sunlight. It modulates brain chemistry and balances our physical and mental health. Unfortunately, the patterns our bodies need are often not present in modern life. All day in the office then all evening in front of a screen seeking a dopamine hit, it's actually really unhealthy and makes loads of stuff worse.
And yeah, I realise none of that is any helps anyone, but hey. Sorry. I don't make the rules.

Reactions: Sherri
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I started a new bad habit too, I take ambien during the day so I can avoid everything and just be numb all the time. I'm trying hard to stop this.

Ambien does not work like that for me during the daytime, but it would be delightful if it could.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Ambien does not work like that for me during the daytime, but it would be delightful if it could.
It just relaxes me, doesn't make me sleep. I love the slight high feeling it gives me. But I have to stop doing this. I'm already feeling some signs, like I forget things, the other day nearly fell the stairs lol.

Reactions: Gnip
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It used to happen to me when I lived alone. I was practically a vampire lol.
Now that I'm a prisoner at my parent's house, I sleep during the night and wake up in the morning. I guess that's the only positive thing of being here with them.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
It used to happen to me when I lived alone. I was practically a vampire lol.
Now that I'm a prisoner at my parent's house, I sleep during the night and wake up in the morning. I guess that's the only positive thing of being here with them.
I see you are from Argentina, how do you call that typical drink you have on that photo? I forgot the name.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I see you are from Argentina, how do you call that typical drink you have on that photo? I forgot the name.
lol yes, I am! This drink is called "yerbamate" or just "mate" and is pronounced "maate" or "ierbah maate"

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
lol yes, I am! This drink is called "yerbamate" or just "mate" and is pronounced "maate" or "ierbah maate"
Thanks! Always wanted to know that name. I tried dulce de Leche from Argentina. Oh my that is amazing!

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
I take Xanax, Zolpidem and Zzzquil to sleep. The 3 Z's. How that X get to be the first letter in Xanax?

Reactions: Pookie
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
It just relaxes me, doesn't make me sleep. I love the slight high feeling it gives me. But I have to stop doing this. I'm already feeling some signs, like I forget things, the other day nearly fell the stairs lol.

Yeah, those are the classic hazards of that medication. My former boss and best friend (we retired together on disability) was placed on Seroquel (quetiapine) for her bipolar disorder, and it seemed to effect her much the same way daytime zolpidem use can, turning her into something of a slow moving and poorly coordinated sloth, but I did somewhat envy what I saw in her while she was on it. (However, my former psychiatrist of 18 years conclusively ruled out bipolar disorder for me.)

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yeah, those are the classic hazards of that medication. My former boss and best friend (we retired together on disability) was placed on Seroquel (quetiapine) for her bipolar disorder, and it seemed to effect her much the same way daytime zolpidem use can, turning her into something of a slow moving and poorly coordinated sloth, but I did somewhat envy what I saw in her while she was on it. (However, my former psychiatrist of 18 years conclusively ruled out bipolar disorder for me.)
That's good to know. Thank you. Guess I'm not the only one who uses ambien during the day then,,,

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I take Xanax, Zolpidem and Zzzquil to sleep. The 3 Z's. How that X get to be the first letter in Xanax?

Good question, since the generic name for Xanax starts with an A, alprazolam.

Because you use ZzzQuil to sleep, we can definitely rule out attention deficit hyperactivity as one of your issues, since any OTC medication containing the antihistamine diphenhydramine paradoxically induces wakefulness and alertness in all cases of biological AD/HD.

Reactions: newave3
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Modern psychiatry has come up with all kinds of terms for mental disorder -AD/HD, autism, bipolar, PTSD, OCD. I'm an old guy and like to stick with the old basic terms. I have anxiety and depression. You sound very knowledgeable Gnip and I appreciate the response. Thank you.

Reactions: mediocre
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
I intentionally never sleep at night.