• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Ok so I went "pharmacy shopping" today to get ambien without prescription, yes I do that without an issue by saying I'll bring the script later on the week. Been to 3 pharmacies all good, got 2 boxes of 20 pills each. On the 4sth pharmacy, the lady sai also no problem, just going to need your ID please, I'm like super confident I will get 2 more boxes of ambien. She then said, miss you came here at around 4:30 am and asked for the same thing, since you still owe us a script I can't sell you more until you bring your script. I said no way, you gotta be joking, I swear on my life I did no such thing, how dare you!!! You should check your cameras bla bla bla, she prints a receipt signed by me, with my ID number. The point is, how was I able to sleep walk and drive there at 04:30am without remembering. I'm telling you this is real!!! I saw my signature and the time. my jaw dropped and in a pharmacy full of people I did the walk of shame. Now I am really concerned about how hooked I am not even on Xanax cause I'm tampering those but on ambien. This thing makes you sleep walk and drive and you have no recollection. From now on, I will lock my room door with the key and put the key in the drawer I kid you not! Surreal.

Last edited:
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Oh God hun, I'm so embarrassed.... I'll never pass through that pharmacy again....
I would be mortified, too. :( I hope the pharmacist was at least able to put 2 and 2 together, realized it was likely the Ambien...

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Nah she looked at me like I was a junkie, luckily I always dress up when I go out and look normal today I mean. That night no idea, prob went on my pjs. Jeez.
Oy vey. That's really a shame!

• Aww..
Reactions: Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Maybe. I'm just concerned because you struggle so badly with insomnia...
@BitterlyAlive_ i take 10 sometimes. Also take during the day while awake, Houston we have a problem I would say. Luckily I'm seeing someone and he stays overnight sometimes. Guess I'll have him be here more often.

• Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
@BitterlyAlive_ i take 10 sometimes. Also take during the day while awake, Houston we have a problem I would say. Luckily I'm seeing someone and he stays overnight sometimes. Guess I'll have him be here more often.
Yes, he can help you stay safe. That sounds great.

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
I'm so hard on myself. I've tampered Xanax to now be addicted to this sigh
It's a really unfortunate situation. You need sleep, or else things will get really really bad. But the meds come with their own set of problems, if they even work...

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
It's a really unfortunate situation. You need sleep, or else things will get really really bad. But the meds come with their own set of problems, if they even work...
The thing is I've asked my doc for stronger ones he prescribed me anti psychotic which I am not one with all respect to who suffers from that illness. So I won't take that... ever.

Reactions: Chupacabra 44
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
The thing is I've asked my doc for stronger ones he prescribed me anti psychotic which I am not one with all respect to who suffers from that illness. So I won't take that... ever.
To their credit, antipsychotics are sometimes prescribed off-label in cases such as insomnia or treatment-resistant depression. They tend to snow people even at low doses, so they may help someone sleep when other meds can't. I think for depression they're prescribed because of their antidopaminergic effects? Could be wrong. But I'm not a fan either, because of the numerous general side effects as well as the dreaded extrapyrimidal effects.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
To their credit, antipsychotics are sometimes prescribed off-label in cases such as insomnia or treatment-resistant depression. They tend to snow people even at low doses, so they may help someone sleep when other meds can't. I think for depression they're prescribed because of their antidopaminergic effects? Could be wrong. But I'm not a fan either, because of the numerous general side effects as well as the dreaded extrapyrimidal effects.
Yeah I came here for advice regarding 2 my docs prescribed. And all them got bad reviews, people told me stay away. Except one that her comment didn't mean anything.

• Aww..
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Yeah I came here for advice regarding 2 my docs prescribed. And all them got bad reviews, people told me stay away. Except one that her comment didn't mean anything.
I'm really sorry you have to deal with this. It sounds so damn frustrating

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Sounds like retrograde amnesia to me. Is that a side effect of the drug? I had it with zopiclone. Sounds like an actual walking nightmare.

Reactions: Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Sounds like retrograde amnesia to me. Is that a side effect of the drug? I had it with zopiclone. Sounds like an actual walking nightmare.
Zoplicone and zolpidem (ambien) are the same. Insane how can I drive about 5 miles and back and don't remember a thing...

WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
You got lucky.

I took Ambien.

First night, I went for a drive and blew out a tire and smashed my fender.

Second night, I jumped out the window and ended up in the psych ward.

I remembered neither of these events.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
You got lucky.

I took Ambien.

First night, I went for a drive and blew out a tire and smashed my fender.

Second night, I jumped out the window and ended up in the psych ward.

I remembered neither of these events.
Omg are you for real?

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
if I remember right ambien is notorious for this. I have always had insomnia but after my son died the trauma caused me worse insomnia nightmares not sleeping for days. I've been through a ringer of sleeping meds. I'm pretty sure ambien was the one that you could do things and not realize you were doing it. I never took 10 but I would take 2-4 and nothing so I had doc stop that one. Rozerem sucks don't try that one. It gives you insane vivid dreams where you are not awake not asleep and 20-30 lucid dreaming you wake up from all night. I take those to make myself have dreams so I can see my son as it seems even when I'm sleeping 99% in my dream state is with my son- as rozerem showed me. So almost every waking thought is my son so is my sleeping brain. Since no psych will take my insurance my pri care doc has been amazing. He has tried me on so many meds since my son died. He hasn't given up yet. He put me on seroquel 3x a day. I would fall asleep driving on it in a snap just boom out. I would be standing there talking and boom zonk out. So now I can take 1-3 of the seroquel at night with other meds to sleep. I do find it does the trick.

I'll look through my med cabinet and see if anything in there worked fairly well enough to suggest it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chupacabra 44
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
if I remember right ambien is notorious for this. I have always had insomnia but after my son died the trauma caused me worse insomnia nightmares not sleeping for days. I've been through a ringer of sleeping meds. I'm pretty sure ambien was the one that you could do things and not realize you were doing it. I never took 10 but I would take 2-4 and nothing so I had doc stop that one. Rozerem sucks don't try that one. It gives you insane vivid dreams where you are not awake not asleep and 20-30 lucid dreaming you wake up from all night. I take those to make myself have dreams so I can see my son as it seems even when I'm sleeping 99% in my dream state is with my son- as rozerem showed me. So almost every waking thought is my son so is my sleeping brain. Since no psych will take my insurance my pri care doc has been amazing. He has tried me on so many meds since my son died. He hasn't given up yet. He put me on seroquel 3x a day. I would fall asleep driving on it in a snap just boom out. I would be standing there talking and boom zonk out. So now I can take 1-3 of the seroquel at night with other meds to sleep. I do find it does the trick.

I'll look through my med cabinet and see if anything in there worked fairly well enough to suggest it.
seroquel is an anti psychotic, my doc prescribed me those and a few others the same type to sleep. I don't have those symptoms so I do t wanna go through that road. No offence. I just have depression and anxiety and insomnia. Nothing else. Dont wanna mess up more with my brain chemistry. Hugs sweetie.

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
seroquel is an anti psychotic, my doc prescribed me those and a few others the same type to sleep. I don't have those symptoms so I do t wanna go through that road. No offence. I just have depression and anxiety and insomnia. Nothing else. Dont wanna mess up more with my brain chemistry. Hugs sweetie.
he had me try like 8 different anti depressants. My diagnoses are PTSD, Major depressive disorder, anxiety, traumatic complicated grief disorder, insomnia. He was throwing whatever he could to try to get me a little more stable I think when he put me on the seroquel. After it was making me zap out the way it was I told him about it. So we reduced it to only at night but I can take 1 or 3 how ever many I need. I am not sure about affects or a withdraw from it as the only side affect I noticed was it zapped me to sleep.
maybe a low dose of seroquel just for sleeping?

WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
I'm not trying to top. I'm letting you know that worse things can happen. Picking up the pieces is a pain.

I didn't have much of a choice in stopping. I was locked in a psych ward without access to ambien.

From my experience, it takes about 3 days for physical withdrawals to subside. Then, give it a week or 2 and you'll start to mentally feel better. It's as simple and hard as not taking the ambien.

Thank you. It turned into an awful time but everything worked out in the end.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I'm not trying to top. I'm letting you know that worse things can happen. Picking up the pieces is a pain.

I didn't have much of a choice in stopping. I was locked in a psych ward without access to ambien.

From my experience, it takes about 3 days for physical withdrawals to subside. Then, give it a week or 2 and you'll start to mentally feel better. It's as simple and hard as not taking the ambien.

Thank you. It turned into an awful time but everything worked out in the end.
Hope benzos help with the wd.

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
question I looked and I have 3 bottles of ambien in my meds. Is this something I can take a bit of and get high? like when I'm in total emotional break down mode about my son, something to take to get out of it? This month doc increased my xanax from 1mg 3x a day to 2mg 3x a day. I ate 18 mg a day for a few days and it didn't help I still sat here looking at his pictures in total hysterics. I want to stop them sometimes so it doesn't kill me so bad... will ambien do that? or I should flush them?

?
'
?