H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
So I'm trying to induce sleep paralysis experience, and b4 anyone says, "y'd u wanna try it, it's so scary". I don't feel the same. So i'm looking for some help.

Does meditation b4 sleep actually help achieve this state? does anyone have any other regime or exercises to help? Not a commonly-discussed topic but looking fwd 2 ur rspnses.

H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
damn y is reply number so few in this section

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I had quite a few instances of sleep paralysis when I was on venlafaxine and quetiapine. I'm not sure which one of those did that or if it was just a crazy combo but I was legit awake while my body still slept. Wanted to get up, but couldn't move at all. So weird. A bit scary tbh

Reactions: H.O.Xan
N

NambaSutra

Student
Mar 25, 2023
I get it sometimes. It's not pleasant at all. Whenever it happens I get really scared and really want to move my body and sit up but can't. And then I get this awful sensation that I can't even explain in words it's like static in my brain or something. And when that's over I'll try to wiggle some extremities and sit up again but if it doesn't work I get that awful sensation again, and this can go on several times before I can finally move and break the spell.

Flameboyant

Flameboyant

Jan 23, 2023
I heard certain lucid dreaming methods have a good chance of causing it. Maybe read into that.

• Informative
Reactions: H.O.Xan