x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Is it possible to use a sky dive as a method to ctb, by cutting the ropes/wires mid air?
This is a serious question. I am not a shitposter!

• Hugs
Reactions: ovaltinee99, Disappointered, daddy Phil :) and 1 other person
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
I've been skydiving (albeit many years ago) and yes it's possible. Depending on the safety features, it's likely that cutting of ropes/wires is unnecessary (one is able to detach the main chute in case it gets tangled-up... and then just not deploy the reserve/backup chute). I'm talking about an "accelerated free fall" jump... assume "static line" is similar, but I could be wrong.

But, to get to the point where you could actually do it... you have to go through a lot of training... hours and hours with an instructor on the ground (and they do screen you).

BUT, it would be a terrible thing for someone to do that to the instructor (perhaps they'd even lose their livelihood). Probably much worse than a train engineer hitting and killing someone. PLEASE FOR GOODNESS SAKE DON'T!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: self.destractive, x~Sophia~x, Pookie and 1 other person
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
Sure it's possible. I know people have survived that fall before though, so even that isn't a guarantee.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Disappointered, x~Sophia~x, profoundexperience and 1 other person
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
I've been skydiving (albeit many years ago) and yes it's possible. Depending on the safety features, it's likely that cutting of ropes/wires is unnecessary (one is able to detach the main chute in case it gets tangled-up... and then just not deploy the reserve/backup chute). I'm talking about an "accelerated free fall" jump... assume "static line" is similar, but I could be wrong.
Thank you, that's very interesting.
But, to get to the point where you could actually do it... you have to go through a lot of training... hours and hours with an instructor on the ground (and they do screen you).
Hours and hours of training is a good thing, it could help to control/overcome SI. I wouldn't be comfortable attempting this on first sky dive.
BUT, it would be a terrible for someone to do that to the instructor (perhaps they'd even lose their livelihood). Probably much worse than a train engineer hitting and killing someone. PLEASE FOR GOODNESS SAKE DON'T!

Why would the instructor lose their livelihood? If they carried out all the required screening, it would be impossible to suspect my motive.
I don't believe it's worse than a train driver hitting a suicidal person... the instructor would still be in the plane and wouldn't witness any of it.
Sure it's possible. I know people have survived that fall before though, so even that isn't a guarantee.
Under what circumstances did they survive? Thank you for your response :D

Last edited:
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
Why would the instructor lose their livelihood?
If even just one beginner student dies, it greatly affects their reputation. They were responsible to make sure you knew how to do everything correctly... and you die?!? Records are kept. Believe me it is a very, VERY bad thing!
I don't believe it's worse than a train driver hitting a suicidal person...
The instructor really gets to know you... personally. And, they are responsible for your safety... personally. They (personally) and their school will likely be sued by your relatives.

Depending on how it goes down, there's probably always going to be a question in their mind if your death was their screw-up or an intentional ctb.

Train drivers usually don't face anything so personal, unknown, and the same liability.
the instructor would still be in the plane and wouldn't witness any of it.
No that's wrong. Beginners have to do many of their first dives with 1) the instructor physically connected or holding-on to you, then 2) jumping with you (they don't pull their chute until yours is well deployed).

It would take MANY full days of training (perhaps 20 jumps & a lot of money) before you got to go completely solo.

Again, PLEASE FOR GOODNESS SAKE DON'T!

Reactions: Salvation_ and x~Sophia~x
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
It's possible after you do all your tandem jumps so you can get to jump on your own. However I have heard several stories of people surviving this landing on grass. It's happened a few times in Florida

• Aww..
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
If even just one beginner student dies, it greatly affects their reputation. They were responsible to make sure you knew how to do everything correctly... and you die?!? Records are kept. Believe me it is a very, VERY bad thing!

The instructor really gets to know you... personally. And, they are responsible for your safety... personally. They (personally) and their school will likely be sued by your relatives.

Depending on how it goes down, there's probably always going to be a question in their mind if your death was their screw-up or an intentional ctb.

Train drivers usually don't face anything so personal, unknown, and the same liability.

No that's wrong. Beginners have to do many of their first dives with 1) the instructor physically connected or holding-on to you, then 2) jumping with you (they don't pull their chute until yours is well deployed).

It would take MANY full days of training (perhaps 20 jumps & a lot of money) before you got to go completely solo.

Again, PLEASE FOR GOODNESS SAKE DON'T!
And if I left a note beforehand, stating it was my intention to commit suicide and that nobody was at fault?
It's possible after you do all your tandem jumps so you can get to jump on your own. However I have heard several stories of people surviving this landing on grass. It's happened a few times in Florida
I'll have to research further. Thanks for your input :)

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
And if I left a note beforehand, stating it was my intention to commit suicide and that nobody was at fault?
Aren't there better methods?

If possible, isn't it better not to chance hurting someone else? In a way, one's last act on Earth becomes saying "fuck you"... to someone who was genuinely trying to do good by you.

Knowing what I know about how it works... After all the training and getting to know an instructor.., I would find it virtually impossible to intentionally hurt someone like that.

Reactions: Salvation_
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Or jump out of the plane before the instructor latches onto you. I bet those instructors grope and grind on women all the way down.

• Love
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Or jump out of the plane before the instructor latches onto you. I bet those instructors grope and grind on women all the way down.
Why didn't I think of that?!?!?! :D Brilliant, you are brilliant!

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
How about paragliding? Take some lessons, buy a setup. Then you don't need anyone else involved after that.

• Love
Reactions: profoundexperience and x~Sophia~x
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Aren't there better methods?

If possible, isn't it better not to chance hurting someone else? In a way, one's last act on Earth becomes saying "fuck you"... to someone who was genuinely trying to do good by you.
Aww come on, they're not doing it for free - it's their job!
Knowing what I know about how it works... After all the training and getting to know an instructor.., I would find it virtually impossible to intentionally hurt someone like that.
How would I be hurting them?
Dirty barstard... ughh :(

Last edited:
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
How about paragliding? Take some lessons, buy a setup. Then you don't need anyone else involved after that.
I've done a few paragliding flights too...

That would be MUCH better... you can get to a point where you're totally solo and you're the only one responsible for the accident. You could even control location much more and perhaps even do it over wilderness where your body can really disappear.

But again, there's tons of training to get to that point & even with used equipment... probably talking at least $5,000 minimum.

Both these methods require crazy amounts of determination, time, and money. BUT BOTH ARE A LOT OF FUN & MAY IMPROVE YOUR SPIRITS SO MUCH THAT YOU NO LONGER WANT TO CTB (so there could be that side-effect too).

• Love
Reactions: less than and x~Sophia~x
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
I've done a few paragliding flights too...

That would be MUCH better... you can get to a point where you're totally solo and you're the only one responsible for the accident. You could even control location much more and perhaps even do it over wilderness where your body can really disappear.

But again, there's tons of training to get to that point & even with used equipment... probably talking at least $5,000 minimum.

Both these methods require crazy amounts of determination, time, and money. BUT BOTH ARE A LOT OF FUN & MAY IMPROVE YOUR SPIRITS SO MUCH THAT YOU NO LONGER WANT TO CTB (so there could be that side-effect too).
I don't have that much money, so... back to the drawing board. :(

• Hugs
Reactions: less than and profoundexperience
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Ok, more affordable, but also more dangerous... powerkite anyone?

Lots of fun if you want to get in to extreme sports before you go.

Last edited:
Reactions: profoundexperience and x~Sophia~x
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
more dangerous... powerkite anyone? Lots of fun if you want to get in to extreme sports before you go.
You're really changing my mind, @do not conform!

Or hang-gliding... In either case, you could dive... build-up a tremendous amount of speed (much more than freefall) and be guaranteed to obliterate oneself on any hard object... ~like an airplane crash without the airplane.

Both these also fall under similar rules as paragliding... so you're the only one really at fault/to blame.

Last edited:
Reactions: signifying nothing
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
It takes a lot of tandem skydives before you can go on your own, and even then you still have a group jumping with you. If something went wrong, they'd be trying to catch you.

And with the tandem ones in my experience you are strapped to the instructor when you get in the plane so there's no hoodwinking them by jumping out first.

For something that seems so inherently dangerous, there are a remarkable number of safeguards that make dying from it extremely unusual. And in most cases if someone dies, the school is closed permanently.

I'd have a Plan B for this one.

• Love
Reactions: x~Sophia~x and profoundexperience