F

Final_frontier

Student
Feb 23, 2019
These pills are not helping and I hate the side effects, particularly sexual dysfunction and all. This is wrong.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Rn110bg101, Superdeterminist and 4 others
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
That's just wrong. Do you mind sharing your diagnosis?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Do you mind sharing what the sexual dysfunction symptoms are like? I feel like I'd want to know in the event I ever do get on them...

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Depression, obviously.
If you don't want to take certain medications, even if they are prescribed by a psychiatrist, you are under no obligation to take them.
If they don't make you feel well, go back to your psychiatrist and ask for something else. Or find another psychiatrist.

Edit: sadly in cases such as schizo people are obliged to stick to their meds.

Last edited:
SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
Do you mind sharing what the sexual dysfunction symptoms are like? I feel like I'd want to know in the event I ever do get on them...
I'm a female so it might be different for males, but I was on antipsychotics that cause this side effect as well.
You do not have a sex drive. At all.
Anything sexual is not exciting, and you can't masturbate, have sex or cum, because it feels numb and it just doesn't work.

• Aww..
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I stopped taking my antidepressants recently in protest that I was being put on medication and not being given any other support.

My psychiatrist accused me of 'non-compliance'.

I told him that this isn't Nazi Germany and that if I don't want to take them, then I won't!

That said, they may help you. Especially with other forms of therapy too.

I'm not saying you're doing this, but don't do what some really quite pathetic people do which is to cause a fuss over taking a pill every morning.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm a female so it might be different for males, but I was on antipsychotics that cause this side effect as well.
You do not have a sex drive. At all.
Anything sexual is not exciting, and you can't masturbate, have sex or cum, because it feels numb and it just doesn't work.
I see. That is certainly a good reason to stop taking them and/or try again with a different medication.