• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

Cara7177

Trying to end it all
Feb 9, 2024
So I'm on Zoloft, & yesterday I met with my therapist. She discussed "having a safety plan" which involved giving my medication to someone to hold when I'm feeling suicidal≤ but all I heard was "take the full bottle of Zoloft & see what happens."

slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Student
Dec 27, 2023
i think ur therapist just doesnt want you to OD on ssri bc it wont kill you lol it will just make you throw up lots of times, give u a stroke and or damage your organs.
personal story: i threw up 8 times, hallucinated, couldn't think straight for a whole day and it felt like i had voices screaming in my head.
not pleasant. if ctb with ssri would be that easy then this site probably wouldn't exist lmao

IwannaDazai

IwannaDazai

Mar 3, 2024
i think ur therapist just doesnt want you to OD on ssri bc it wont kill you lol it will just make you throw up lots of times, give u a stroke and or damage your organs.
personal story: i threw up 8 times, hallucinated, couldn't think straight for a whole day and it felt like i had voices screaming in my head.
not pleasant. if ctb with ssri would be that easy then this site probably wouldn't exist lmao
Yeah, it's a bad time. No one do this, lol. Mine was Seroquel. At the hospital the doctor said, "that can't k*** you. Still might give you a permanent twitch, though" 🥴

Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
They don't!

The "suicide safety plan" came about because you referenced suicide too casually and most likely suggested your medications.

If you continue to declare you intend to commit suicide, the next step will be a wellness check and maybe an involuntary psychiatric facility admission.

It's possible that your therapist discussed your mental health with their "suicide team," which included the pharmacy, and documenting your medical record.

Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Student
Feb 11, 2020
So I'm on Zoloft, & yesterday I met with my therapist. She discussed "having a safety plan" which involved giving my medication to someone to hold when I'm feeling suicidal≤ but all I heard was "take the full bottle of Zoloft & see what happens."
Are you saying that you inferred from what your therapist said that she meant Zoloft would kill you? It's standard protocol for therapists to make a "safety plan" as one of the first steps when a client mentions suicidal thoughts. Regardless of what medication you're taking, whether it's paracetamol, antidepressants, or even over the counter supplements, it's also standard to recommend the client gives their medication to someone to hold when they feel suicidal.

I can almost guarantee she's recommended the same thing to every client she's made a "safety plan" with, it's just one of the standard suggestions, along with writing down numbers of people you can call for support, having coping skills ready, etc. So that recommendation wasn't based on the lethality of the medication.

Reactions: Little_Suzy