nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
was ss mentioned in a viral twitter post or something cuz im seeing an influx of tumblrcore 18-19 y/os that was not prevalent when i first made an account

Reactions: todienomore, deadtomorrow and ColorlessTrees
Akanea

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
There is that YouTube video insulting the site that get regularly picked back up by the algorithm so a new audience hear about the site every few months when it pops back up. Also Reddit speak from time to time about it. I know I mentioned the predecessor of the site a few times (r/SanctionedSuicide) on places like r/meirl or something

• Informative
Reactions: 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆, hotelaloner, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
BBC posted an article talking about how this site is evil. (not mentioning the name of the site) They didn't talk about why people consider suicide. Their stance is just to have the site taken down. (we've seen this several times from newsarticles) Of course this means there will be more people sighning up. Because there's not much real help out.

Here's the article. I think there's also a thread about it in offtopic.

Reactions: deadtomorrow
Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
Is that really a bad thing?

• Love
Reactions: JustABug and Zykg85
zeek

zeek

omg mokocchi
Oct 18, 2023
was ss mentioned in a viral twitter post or something cuz im seeing an influx of tumblrcore 18-19 y/os that was not prevalent when i first made an account
its real easy to find this site when ur looking for methods so ig thats part of it
tumblrcore 18-19 y/os
the call is coming from inside the house
you are 20
n311n7ihpgvb1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: catbuddy515, riamu and 3ndl3ss-v0id
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
its real easy to find this site when ur looking for methods so ig thats part of it

Did you search from an engine other than Google? Google censors this site

D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
It's definitely the combination of that video, plus a recent BBC article (or even any article that mentions this site).

I only joined this year, but I was a lurker for years before that and I have noticed an influx of younger members too. There are a lot more vent posts on the discussion subforum than the years prior. It's not necessarily good or bad in my opinion, but the video + article is not having the intended effect of turning people away from this site.

It goes to show how shitty mental health support is. "Just get therapy" is not in itself a great answer, and I bet most of us have been shunned by our family and friends for even speaking up about our feelings. It's only natural this place is a safe haven for many of us, whether we intend to CTB or not.

If I think about it, I wonder how many of the people mentioned in the BBC article tried to talk to their parents, only to get shut down by them?

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Kevin_Logan, Don’tDoxMe and 1 other person
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
It's definitely the combination of that video, plus a recent BBC article (or even any article that mentions this site).

I only joined this year, but I was a lurker for years before that and I have noticed an influx of younger members too. There are a lot more vent posts on the discussion subforum than the years prior. It's not necessarily good or bad in my opinion, but the video + article is not having the intended effect of turning people away from this site.

It goes to show how shitty mental health support is. "Just get therapy" is not in itself a great answer, and I bet most of us have been shunned by our family and friends for even speaking up about our feelings. It's only natural this place is a safe haven for many of us, whether we intend to CTB or not.

If I think about it, I wonder how many of the people mentioned in the BBC article tried to talk to their parents, only to get shut down by them?
It was such a frustrating article to read. Without this forum, our world gets so much smaller. I don't know where else anyone can go to talk about these subjects openly. Yes, there's therapy, but that's not an option for everyone. And, sometimes, people just want to be heard without being sent to a psychiatric hospital. This forum is a very special place, and I hope it doesn't get taken away from us.

Reactions: catbuddy515, Morana, Duality and 2 others
Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
if parents hadn't failed raising a generation of kids , there wouldn't be so many people ill + "=O theres' no police, no law, no accountability", now where's people complaining about "state interfering in your parenting?" and i hope those people have a scandal on their hands, the media is doing a great job at "divide and conquer" and "blame everything else we can't control or failed to avoid"
I also saw a letter from one darknet member posting a huge manifesto blaming them (society, especifically the "state") and obviously how trying to suppress some things just lead to an overwhelming increase of

example?

Proihibition act of 20s
That stupid youtube video and those articles written by ppl who should be prosecuted by what they say

see how many kids are asking "what happens if take tylenol with a glass of wine" or "i wanna kill myself because my favorite series is over" kind of thing, it really pisses off

Reactions: Don’tDoxMe and nembutal
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
if parents hadn't failed raising a generation of kids , there wouldn't be so many people ill + "=O theres' no police, no law, no accountability", now where's people complaining about "state interfering in your parenting?" and i hope those people have a scandal on their hands, the media is doing a great job at "divide and conquer" and "blame everything else we can't control or failed to avoid"
I also saw a letter from one darknet member posting a huge manifesto blaming them (society, especifically the "state") and obviously how trying to suppress some things just lead to an overwhelming increase of

example?

Proihibition act of 20s
That stupid youtube video and those articles written by ppl who should be prosecuted by what they say

see how many kids are asking "what happens if take tylenol with a glass of wine" or "i wanna kill myself because my favorite series is over" kind of thing, it really pisses off
i think a lot of suicidal thoughts in younger people can be solved with just a tad bit of gratitude.

you are 20
n311n7ihpgvb1.png
its da annoying bpd tumblr sanriocore bitches i see enough of them on twt arldy

Last edited:
Reactions: mungbean and ColorlessTrees
Zykg85

Zykg85

Sep 30, 2021
Did you search from an engine other than Google? Google censors this site
I found it via Google tbh

Originally i found it on duckduckgo, but years after i went to Google.

Might be a regional thing if your Google isn't showing it 🤷🏿‍♀️

zeek

zeek

omg mokocchi
Oct 18, 2023
it just seems that to ctb has become such a joke
like I saw a series get renewed and someone said "suicide POSTPONED!"
like sure it seems funny but it just devalues suicide to the point where it seems like a normal thing that isnt really important

LivingForTheMoment

LivingForTheMoment

Finding Happiness and Helping Others!
Dec 31, 2022
Unfortunately a lot of us are struggling, that's something transcendent of age. I will say that on the internet if you seek you will find, that goes for about anything (which is a pretty disturbing realization). I found it looking for information on methods to effectively take myself out, and made an account a while later.

JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
I'm 18 and found this website by looking up the helium cbt method. I don't think it's bad at all for younger people to be finding this website. Anyone with internet can find this website very easily.

illvoid

illvoid

he/it
Aug 11, 2022
i found this site from an article, can't remember which one but I was looking for methods.

NotDeanNorris

NotDeanNorris

Oct 30, 2023
BBC posted an article talking about how this site is evil. (not mentioning the name of the site) They didn't talk about why people consider suicide. Their stance is just to have the site taken down. (we've seen this several times from newsarticles) Of course this means there will be more people sighning up. Because there's not much real help out.

Here's the article. I think there's also a thread about it in offtopic.
I'm like 90% certain some people who come here have their entire perspective changed by just being able to share their feelings in a safe space and end up choosing not to CTB as a result.
It helps more people than it allegedly harms.
Taking it down would increase suicides.
They could try taking down 4chan. People go there not initially wanting to d13 then just get bullied into CTB.
People come here wanting to die and they either die equipped with the tools to do it without it being abject torture or survive because catharsis of community.
Either way it's better than 4chan.

LonelyPlanetBoy

LonelyPlanetBoy

Oct 22, 2023
I'm like 90% certain some people who come here have their entire perspective changed by just being able to share their feelings in a safe space and end up choosing not to CTB as a result.
It helps more people than it allegedly harms.
Taking it down would increase suicides.
They could try taking down 4chan. People go there not initially wanting to d13 then just get bullied into CTB.
People come here wanting to die and they either die equipped with the tools to do it without it being abject torture or survive because catharsis of community.
Either way it's better than 4chan.
I totally agree on this one. Being able to discuss your thought and feeling on here without being judged can be very helpful. For me it already helped to know that there are other people out there with similar thought and to hear their backstories.

Reactions: bebebeep and NotDeanNorris
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

NotDeanNorris

NotDeanNorris

Oct 30, 2023
I totally agree on this one. Being able to discuss your thought and feeling on here without being judged can be very helpful. For me it already helped to know that there are other people out there with similar thought and to hear their backstories.
Its the only place I'm not bullied for my autism lmao. Also this site has whole recovery, art, gaming, and general sections. Of course nobody wants the first course of action to be CTB, but it is hard and also needs to be an option for some people.
I will never ask someone to try therapy. It is codependent financial exploitation. I would honestly have them come here first. If they want to d13, they have the tools, but most people just get scared of the idea of dying and go to the recovery forums to see how real people deal with these feelings, instead of doctors living in the precipice of financial privilege.

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
The news and content creators constantly talking about us.