• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
Hi, I recently failed to catch the bus in a hospital. I was convinced I could VSED in the hospital and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it. This is definitely not the case, and medical facilities and staff are not our friend. In light of this, it appears the only guaranteed, universal, free method of suicide, that doesn't have catastrophic downside risk, is VSED in the wilderness. Even if it's not the most comfortable way to go, I am determined to do this and wanted to also possibly help others who may be discouraged by lack of access to other methods and shine a light on VSED in general.

So my questions on VSEDing in the wilderness are as follows:

1. Is VSED (ceasing to eat or drink) in the wilderness the only free, universal method that every non-institutionalized person has access to?
  2. I will do my own research, but I want to know generally what to expect. Is a regime of ibuprofen and Benedryl reasonable? When should I stop moving? Just how much suffering is involved with this method without palliative care?
I will read over every past thread on VSED to better inform myself, but I am committed to doing this. I want out of this fucking planet and quickly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Life is pointless, AloneInCollege and 3 others
bed

bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
Is VSED (ceasing to eat or drink) in the wilderness the only free, universal method that every non-institutionalized person has access to?
I'd argue; that jumping, slicing an artery with a sharp object, train jumping, and probably quite a few more methods I can't think of off the top of my head fall into this category. Albeit not good methods, similar to VSED.

pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
I'd argue; that jumping, slicing an artery with a sharp object, train jumping, and probably quite a few more methods I can't think of off the top of my head fall into this category. Albeit not good methods, similar to VSED.
I guess I should also add, without catastrophic downside risk if it fails. Being paralyzed for life and unable to move let alone kill yourself is a huge fear of mine.

Reactions: 54378, Tricondyla ledouxi and bed
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
I also am so sick of this fucking stupid planet and want to leave immediately. I don't know if VSED is necessarily the only cheap option. Hanging seems pretty accessible even for very poor people. There might be other options I'm not sure....

Vsed sounds fairly difficult to do because it takes a long time by comparison to other methods....I don't know if there would be a lot of pain for sure, but apparently the thirst is worse than the hunger and can be difficult. I think VSED requires a lot of discipline and patience.

Reactions: odradek, miserableforever, whatevs and 2 others
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
Don't waste your time. Someone on here tried vsed and failed after 4 days. It's extremely hard and not feasible(if you have access to food and water). I've done 4 days and failed with crushing headaches and my whole body hurt. Seriously, you have to be caged for vsed to work on a healthy person or have a strong will like the people on starvation protests.

Reactions: odradek, rationaltake, AloneInCollege and 2 others
M

Medicmedic72

Buying a bus ticket
Jun 6, 2022
Did you post a thread about your attempt to do this at the hospital?

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I agree that it would be lovely if we could all achieve our wishes and receive assisted suicide. However, I believe this is actually illegal in many countries. I understand your frustration at the hospital but from their side of things- they could well have been prosecuted if they helped a 'healthy' person commit suicide. Their job is to save lives afterall.

I do absolutely suspect that a lot of 'helping along' does happen in the case of the terminally ill/chronically in pain with drugs (I think it's happened in my own family) but it's not the hospitals function to admit a 'healthy' person to help them commit suicide. I just wish more countries had specific clinics for this- although, again, I expect it will always take a whole lot of red tape to get through (and a whole lot of money).

Regarding VSED-ing in the wilderness- I guess the positive side would be you would have less access to food and water- so- less temptation. Still, it would involve a whole lot of other unpleasant things to deal with on top of hunger/thirst I would think- possible adverse weather/insect bites etc. I imagine it will be a whole lot harder to stay warm as you get weaker.

Honestly though- I really have no idea. You seem to have done a lot of research on it. I guess I'm curious though. The majority of people seem to be looking for the quickest/least painful option. You would have to get over the (massive) fear and survival instinct to do the cheaper (and more violent) methods like jumping or hanging but you only face the decision in a moment. To starve/dehydrate yourself- you need to keep that mindset up for days. Maybe the fear isn't there but surely it will be intensely uncomfortable. Both mentally and physically. I guess maybe painkillers may help but I know I wouldn't have the strength of will to do it.

You mentioned you rejected other methods for fear of them failing and being left with bad health consequences. I completely get that. I think most people worry about that. Are there any health consequences for surviving a VSED attempt?

I'm sorry things have gotten so bad for you to be considering this. I wish you well in whatever you decide to do.

Reactions: odradek and miserableforever
AloneInCollege

AloneInCollege

The one and only
Mar 7, 2022
IDK VSED just seems like such a painful and intense way of going out. I definitely couldn't do it. More power to you if you can, definitely stronger willed then I.

Reactions: myusername890 and odradek
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I want out of this fucking planet and quickly.
I reckon lots of people on here get this. Sadly it doesn't seem that VSED would be quick. Far from it.

Reactions: myusername890, odradek and wljourney
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
Personally if it were me doing it I would start off with a 10-day water fast and then I would ease myself into the dry fast. I would not consume anything or consume any kind of medication whatsoever. That's just my take. I've gone 6 days dry fasting but that was after juicing for a week so my body was prepared for it. I wasn't stuffed with undigested food and a stuff. The dry fast wasn't hard for me at all although I live in a pretty humid climate and spend most of my time outside. It is very possible to follow through with this but it would take a lot of determination and it would not be easy.

wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Unless you have the necessary outdoor gear already, this too comes with significant cost and preparation.

It is certainly more expensive than other methods and definitely takes much longer to prepare and then actually succeed.

Have you spent a night or two outdoors on your own? Depending on where you live, you would likely be eaten alive by bugs if you don't have a tent and appropriate clothing/bug spray etc.

And if you have any relatives/friends they will eventually come looking for you. Especially now that you have been to a hospital and your wish to CBT has been noted in your medical file. It will make an intervention more likely and a rescue team would be sent out sooner.

I highly suggest taking a moment to gather yourself and reassessing the situation.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, odradek, Life is pointless and 2 others
pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
I did some research and turns out acetaminophen is better tolerated than ibuprofen on an empty stomach, but I bought both just in case. I also have benedryl.

To reduce any sort of last minute temptation, I already discarded quite literally everything I own. I'm already homeless so it's not like there's anywhere I have to go back to. I also don't have any money and am in fact 20k in debt. I will go so far out that there's no possible chance of survival. My willpower to die is immensely strong, and I am not afraid of death. I welcome it with open arms. But I wish everyone else luck, and I will see you all on the other side.

• Hugs
Reactions: 54378, LifeHasNoOptIn, Dead Meat and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I envy those who are able to do this method, to me it sounds so difficult and horrible. I'm sorry that it has come to this point for you and I understand being desperate to leave this world. I wish you relief from suffering in whatever happens. I also do not fear death at all, the thought of no longer existing comforts me.

Reactions: pento and Life is pointless
pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
Lol I just realized I am literally going to catch the bus (taking a bus far, far away).

Reactions: Life is pointless
odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
Just to warn you, the longer you starve yourself, the more delirious you will get. This might greatly reduce your ability to look after yourself and you may even call for help. Without medical assistance, VSED is very difficult without strong will power. Even then it's difficult.

pento

pento

Nov 12, 2021
Just to warn you, the longer you starve yourself, the more delirious you will get. This might greatly reduce your ability to look after yourself and you may even call for help. Without medical assistance, VSED is very difficult without strong will power. Even then it's difficult.
Yeah that's why I plan on making it utterly futile, going extremely far out, discarding electronic devices, etc.

My reasons for suicide are very strong, and I believe my conviction will last long enough until it no longer matters.

Reactions: odradek
C

cherry7

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
Personally if it were me doing it I would start off with a 10-day water fast and then I would ease myself into the dry fast. I would not consume anything or consume any kind of medication whatsoever. That's just my take. I've gone 6 days dry fasting but that was after juicing for a week so my body was prepared for it. I wasn't stuffed with undigested food and a stuff. The dry fast wasn't hard for me at all although I live in a pretty humid climate and spend most of my time outside. It is very possible to follow through with this but it would take a lot of determination and it would not be easy.
What is dry fasting?