Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Do you think you could be with someone equally as depressed and sad about life as you? Would there be a point to such a union?

Toxic relationship comes to mind. Is it preferable to loneliness?
I don't think I'll ever find someone again. Nothing to offer them.
It's ok to die alone. We came alone and we go alone.
It's a little heart breaking. but so is everything else about life.

XgvonjEePKXzq

• Hugs
Reactions: W3akCr3atur3
casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Shitty people usually come from shitty environments. I hope nobody feels too offended by this but most people on here would probably be awful partners. I know I have terrible habits that would damage any relationship.

Reactions: mungbean and Sleeper System
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Shitty people usually come from shitty environments. I hope nobody feels too offended by this but most people on here would probably be awful partners. I know I have terrible habits that would damage any relationship.
I don't think I have terrible habits myself. I just don't think I could offer more than my company and love. but neither of those things pay the rent. And in this day and age... people can do bad just fine on their own.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Nope. I would never be with anyone nor I am capable of "loving" romantically anymore. Or even just sexually. Any high intensity feeling makes me feel blind and like I am possessed.

And I also never found it natural.

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Nope. I would never be with anyone nor I am capable of "loving" romantically anymore. Or even just sexually. Any high intensity feeling makes me feel blind and like I am possessed.

And I also never found it natural.
I know I'm capable of love. I just never felt a shared connection with anyone like that before. I guess it's for the best in my case. What misfortune would it bring us both in the end. Forever alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: R_N
W3akCr3atur3

W3akCr3atur3

Empty and hollow
Aug 3, 2020
Actually recently I realized I wouldn't mind somewhat toxic/unhealthy relationships.
And I genuinely tend to like depressed people a lot more. It's much easier to relate and often they won't judge you. Especially if you can bring them some joy it's a great feeling. And ofc dark/depressive aesthetics is amazing.
Finding someone as depressed and lonely as myself and "becoming their world" while also "making them my world" and perhaps recovering honestly sounds like a dream.
Even killing ourselves together knowing life is too cruel seems romantic and even somewhat happy to me.
Although realistically I realize I'm not worthy of love, so it would be better for me to just die alone

Reactions: Sleeper System
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I know I'm capable of love. I just never felt a shared connection with anyone like that before. I guess it's for the best in my case. What misfortune would it bring us both in the end. Forever alone.
Unfortunate. Hopefully you can focus on other things instead somehow.

For me it is easy when it comes to this at least. Intimacy has 0 value to me and I see a lot of people here being broken by desires like that. And I am not sure how to approach this topic without sounding insensitive.

I wish I could help somehow but no amount of words we exchange can flip a switch in human brain like it did for me over the time. We have to fight our own fights until the moment we can't it seems.

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Unfortunate. Hopefully you can focus on other things instead somehow.

For me it is easy when it comes to this at least. Intimacy has 0 value to me and I see a lot of people here being broken by desires like that. And I am not sure how to approach this topic without sounding insensitive.

I wish I could help somehow but no amount of words we exchange can flip a switch in human brain like it did for me over the time. We have to fight our own fights until the moment we can't it seems.

Nothing that I have to focus on has any meaning anymore.
My job sucks. I barely talk to family. My interests are becoming less interesting by the day. I don't even joy sleeping or eating anymore really.

I just literally try to get through work, get home and eat, and be on here venting until I go to bed. I wish I could find love lol

Sometimes I think I might even be happy as being a possession.
Something someone thinks they own. No intimacy. Just some kind of association. A delusional seems preferable to being alone sometimes.

• Hugs
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Nothing that I have to focus on has any meaning anymore.
My job sucks. I barely talk to family. My interests are becoming less interesting by the day. I don't even joy sleeping or eating anymore really.

I just literally try to get through work, get home and eat, and be on here venting until I go to bed. I wish I could find love lol

Sometimes I think I might even be happy as being a possession.
Something someone thinks they own. No intimacy. Just some kind of association. A delusional seems preferable to being alone sometimes.
Sometimes I feel some of you like the idea of being in relationship you find perfect at the time, because it feels that way. But if you were in relationships, would they work out and would you feel good in them as you think you would?

I am not saying because how you are. I saw plenty of people breaking up or even divorcing after years "together", regardless of their personality.

How we feel about something might end up changing after the experience.

Still, I can understand you guys have strong needs that you want fulfilled. I am just not sure that you would find the same fulfillment you fantasize about.

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Sometimes I feel some of you like the idea of being in relationship you find perfect at the time, because it feels that way. But if you were in relationships, would they work out and would you feel good in them as you think you would?

I am not saying because how you are. I saw plenty of people breaking up or even divorcing after years "together", regardless of their personality.

How we feel about something might end up changing after the experience.

Still, I can understand you guys have strong needs that you want fulfilled. I am just not sure that you would find the same fulfillment you fantasize about.
I think romance is part love part delusion. Eventually, they both start to fade with time. It makes me sad because I think I can love someone unconditionally and I think they'd be the one that would leave and I'd be in that even sadder hole of its better to have love and lost then never to have loved at all which just sounds like bullshit. I guess it's better to never love.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I think romance is part love part delusion. Eventually, they both start to fade with time. It makes me sad because I think I can love someone unconditionally and I think they'd be the one that would leave and I'd be in that even sadder hole of its better to have love and lost then never to have loved at all which just sounds like bullshit. I guess it's better to never love.
I just wonder if they stayed, would it be enough and sufficient fulfillment for you for the rest of your life. Like when you get to know them, assuming they stay and provide what you wanted from them initially.

I don't think humans are that simple. I also saw some people even here being suicidal and having a partner they describe as loving. But who knows, maybe that is something that would make life bearable for you.

As long as it works, because everything ends.

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
I think I just like the idea of a romantic relationship. It's nice to fantasize about but maybe I don't actually want it. I don't need another thing to worry and stress about. Some people are in a relationship and how they feel trumps the love they say they have for the person they are with. I think that Is horrible but I guess depression makes monsters of us all.

Last edited:
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I think I just like the idea of a romantic relationship. It's nice to fantasize about but maybe I don't actually want it. I don't need another thing to worry and stress about. Some people are in a relationship and how they fell trumps the love they say they have for the person they are with. I think that Is horrible but I guess depression makes monsters of us all.
I am sorry I was just curious, I didn't mean to be rude or anything. There is nothing to stress about or worry, daydream away if it at least helps in some ways more than it hurts not to have what you desire.

And also, maybe you find someone compatible who knows.