• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
I really cannot stand those who wish to gatekeep and restrict suicide as simply wanting to not exist is always a valid way to feel, we never consented to being here so the option to die in peace should be there at all times.
It's disgusting how people wish to restrict suicide to those who meet a certain criteria, and act like suicide needs a reason behind it when the reality is that existence itself is enough of a justifcation for death. We are all going to die anyway whether on our own terms or not so it makes little sense to insist that suicide needs a reason.
But I could never understand how anyone could want existence in the first place, like what is supposedly so desirable about having the ability to exist as a conscious being, wanting to die is all that makes sense to me. I see wanting suicide as very rational on it's own as after all existing is pointless, we are all just waiting to die anyway. All that existence does is creates problems there was never a need for and if one ceases to exist it isn't like the they can mourn for how they lack the ability to, existence truly is so unnecessary.

I just see existence as a process of trying to fulfil needs to avoid suffering even further that is ultimately futile, to me existence is just so incredibly burdensome, I see it as a curse how we were imprisoned in this decaying flesh prison that we are slaves to that can cause extreme amounts of suffering.

And as well as that just the fact that there is no limit as to how much one can suffer is why suicide itself is rational to me, it's disturbing how in this hellish world one can potentially feel unlimited amounts of pain and agony in this reality where chance so senselessly determines everything.

So basically existence itself is the problem which is why it's delusional nonsense when people wish to gatekeep suicide and act like it needs a valid enough reason. If someone wants to die then that's their right, it's their personal decision and not something for other people to decide, I don't get how it could ever be "irrational" wishing for death anyway when we are all just going to die anyway and there are no disadvantages to not existing. It should be the most important right having the option to cease existing in peace when we wish to without any risk of pro-suffering people interfering or complications as we are the only ones experiencing our existence so we should just be able to free ourselves when we wish. If one wishes to be permanently relieved from having the ability to suffer then that should be respected, it's always valid to want to escape from this existence that was so cruelly imposed in the first place.

Reactions: myusername890
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
I really cannot stand those who wish to gatekeep and restrict suicide as simply wanting to not exist is always a valid way to feel, we never consented to being here so the option to die in peace should be there at all times.
It's disgusting how people wish to restrict suicide to those who meet a certain criteria, and act like suicide needs a reason behind it when the reality is that existence itself is enough of a justifcation for death. We are all going to die anyway whether on our own terms or not so it makes little sense to insist that suicide needs a reason.
But I could never understand how anyone could want existence in the first place, like what is supposedly so desirable about having the ability to exist as a conscious being, wanting to die is all that makes sense to me. I see wanting suicide as very rational on it's own as after all existing is pointless, we are all just waiting to die anyway. All that existence does is creates problems there was never a need for and if one ceases to exist it isn't like the they can mourn for how they lack the ability to, existence truly is so unnecessary.

I just see existence as a process of trying to fulfil needs to avoid suffering even further that is ultimately futile, to me existence is just so incredibly burdensome, I see it as a curse how we were imprisoned in this decaying flesh prison that we are slaves to that can cause extreme amounts of suffering.

And as well as that just the fact that there is no limit as to how much one can suffer is why suicide itself is rational to me, it's disturbing how in this hellish world one can potentially feel unlimited amounts of pain and agony in this reality where chance so senselessly determines everything.

So basically existence itself is the problem which is why it's delusional nonsense when people wish to gatekeep suicide and act like it needs a valid enough reason. If someone wants to die then that's their right, it's their personal decision and not something for other people to decide, I don't get how it could ever be "irrational" wishing for death anyway when we are all just going to die anyway and there are no disadvantages to not existing. It should be the most important right having the option to cease existing in peace when we wish to without any risk of pro-suffering people interfering or complications as we are the only ones experiencing our existence so we should just be able to free ourselves when we wish. If one wishes to be permanently relieved from having the ability to suffer then that should be respected, it's always valid to want to escape from this existence that was so cruelly imposed in the first place.
I don't agree with your viewpoint on existence and my suicidality has causes that could be prevented yet I still agree, if people should be allowed to live without a reason then why can't the same apply to people who want to die? the hypocrisy of pro life philosophy. Most emotions don't need a "reason" to be "valid" imo if someone feels something then that's valid enough because why are the "valid" reasons valid in the first place? because they make people feel said emotion so if said emotion is felt without such reason then it is equally as valid

Lacerta viridis

Lacerta viridis

Oct 22, 2023
A person's life is their own to give. Nobody should be forced to continue living against their will.

Reactions: FutureHanger