• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
As I write this I'm listening to the frog peepers from my open window beside the computer. It's a comforting, calm sound and I can easily look out my window and see the tree tops and in the distance - a smoggy darkness with no stars. It's not a depressing darkness, more of a comforting one.

Pictures of beautiful places. Being on the edge of a huge lake or ocean and feeling the waves lap at my feet. Walking between trees and having the green be so dense and bright it's nearly blinding.

All of these things I still hold so dear to my heart, and my love for them has not dampened in the least.

They may not seem like much, but for me the thought of never experiencing them again is enough to keep going.

Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
Yeah, small things like these you've mentioned do make a big difference.
If we really want to stay alive and get rid of the self-annihilating urge, it's always a good idea to find good resources of joy (no, not that toxic positivity, not "good vibes only" - but real things that load you).

Nature is always comforting. Maybe I should leave my cold, mouldy crypt in every once in a while and take some pictures of my environment to share 'em here?

Sounds of frogs - or any other animals - are great, yes. I wonder how kitschy this is, but sometimes I would stay up late - or early, hehe - just to hear the birds begin their daily routine of singing.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, there are still small things that bring me comfort even know I do not want to exist. There is so much beauty in nature and I like cemeteries, they are very peaceful. I do like animals too, they are better than humans. I have a pet cat and I really love cows.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, I'm at my best when I'm playing with my dog, talking to my dad, watching a nice movie, seeing my progress in my japanese skills, etc.

Little things are what really matter.

That's why I don't care about having lots of girls, friends or money.

Yet, that won't prevent me from ctb.

Reactions: Shadowrider