ChristopherWalken

ChristopherWalken

Aug 15, 2019
I've taken shrooms recreationally many times. Almost every single time the effects have been good, mind expanding, and releasing of traumatic charges. My friends with ptsd have experienced good long term effects as well. Having said all that, it is easy to have a 'bad trip'. It happens and it's essential to have a good friend to be there to help you get through it.
Shrooms are great and under the right conditions can undo years of therapy-resistant trauma.
Heres the darkside though, so tonight, again I've taken a bit with my 'friends' for hopefully a great time. Unfortunately as the night wore on, I realized I was tripping harder than everyone else, and instead of taking care of me, it seemed that I got left out of the group and abandoned. It became clear that I am only useful as a friend since I'm always paying for everything and have all the hook ups. But I digress. Shrooms give you this clarity, this ability to read vibes coming from people including your friends, and it can be pretty shocking when you realize the truth.
So in my case this night is really just a night. But as I look back at my life, at the reasons I want to ctb, and what my future looks like, it's incredibly more easy to overcome SI. Like I have 3 modes of ctb at the ready ranging from bloody violent to peaceful sleep. And it would be so easy to go through with it right now as opposed to an ordinary day.. So be careful with this stuff If you are going to end up tripping alone

Reactions: Baskol1
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I have always found that judging my mood beforehand has helped when taking magiks. If I sense I am down or worrying about something, then I tend to stay away from hallucinogenics as a general rule and stick to bud. In my younger days I did have a couple of bad trips because I was naive and only took magiks because others were taking them. Lesson learnt. Never found they made me more or less suicidal though.

Reactions: Baskol1
Throwaway9787

Throwaway9787

Mage
Jun 27, 2019
I've taken shrooms recreationally many times. Almost every single time the effects have been good, mind expanding, and releasing of traumatic charges. My friends with ptsd have experienced good long term effects as well. Having said all that, it is easy to have a 'bad trip'. It happens and it's essential to have a good friend to be there to help you get through it.
Shrooms are great and under the right conditions can undo years of therapy-resistant trauma.
Heres the darkside though, so tonight, again I've taken a bit with my 'friends' for hopefully a great time. Unfortunately as the night wore on, I realized I was tripping harder than everyone else, and instead of taking care of me, it seemed that I got left out of the group and abandoned. It became clear that I am only useful as a friend since I'm always paying for everything and have all the hook ups. But I digress. Shrooms give you this clarity, this ability to read vibes coming from people including your friends, and it can be pretty shocking when you realize the truth.
So in my case this night is really just a night. But as I look back at my life, at the reasons I want to ctb, and what my future looks like, it's incredibly more easy to overcome SI. Like I have 3 modes of ctb at the ready ranging from bloody violent to peaceful sleep. And it would be so easy to go through with it right now as opposed to an ordinary day.. So be careful with this stuff If you are going to end up tripping alone
I get insight similar to what you experienced, a sort of unbiased perspective, when I smoke weed, and it can be quite unnerving.

Reactions: a.n.kirillov and Baskol1