• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

babyharpseal

babyharpseal

Jun 15, 2024
right now i wash my body every 2-3 days, and every second shower i also wash my hair (it gets greasy slowly). but showering is so tiring, i get fatigued partway thru and its so painful to force myself to keep going, and then i cant do anything afterwards. after showering, i sit wrapped in a towel for half an hour before i can force myself to move and dry myself

i bought a plastic chair to sit on in the shower, but it takes up a lot of room n i still have to stand up to wash some body parts, and then its too difficult to manoeuvre around. i use it now to sit down after the shower bc i need it more there. i only have one chair. it is just a garden chair, bc official shower chairs r extremely expensive. i cant buy another chair rn bc i dont have any money whatsoever, and its very difficult carrying it all the way from the store and then on the bus

ive had ppl suggest just using wet wipes n dry shampoo instead of showering properly, but i easily feel disgusting n cant function or wear clothes without washing properly, which is the only way i even manage to drag myself into the shower so regularly. but i dread it every time to the point of anxiety, i avoid sleeping the night before i have to shower bc i want to delay it. and its freezing cold rn and i have no heater, so im always painfully cold when i get out of the shower.

does anyone have any tips to make showers less physically draining?

• Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr, space-jester, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
i wish i had suggestions for you but sadly i dont. all i can really say is youre not alone. mentally/physically im typically not up for showering 🫂

• Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr and space-jester
Looking

Looking

Looking for the answer.
Jan 16, 2023
It depends what's causing the exhaustion. You did the right thing by attempting to sit in the shower with the chair. It didn't work great in your case, which is unfortunate, but you did the right thing by trying.

Most of the time it's something you'd need to address directly instead of indirectly. If it's primarily mental, then trying to talk to yourself and understand why it's such a battle for you - It's obviously something that causes extreme stress, anxiety, worry and disturbs your sleep cycle.

If it's a side effect of another physical element (maybe not eating enough or something else), then it's something that would get better if you addressed that aspect of it.

Do you know what's causing it? Are you tired with most other things?

Reactions: space-jester
space-jester

space-jester

Oct 3, 2023
i used to be in your shoes; not washing for days at a time, and my family would usually berate me on it. i used to associate being clean with something... above me i guess... i never thought i was clean so i figured why waste the water and time/energy when i could be stewing in self hatred. but thats not true! i think honestly the best thing thats helped me in this regard has been just forcing myself to sit under the water. not moving not doing anything just letting the water roll down on me, that way i cant say i didnt at least try.
later on once that became regular and it stopped being as motivating i would to do something really dirty before (i.e gardening or exercising or putting on makeup) and i would get so disgusted i would feel the only way to really get clean was to bathe, and i just kept doing that everyday. i kind of tricked myself to shower regularly.
give it a shot. put some nontoxic paint on your face or dunk your hands elbow deep in garbage for a second or two. will yourself to get the desire to bathe. thats what i did :P