• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Hi

Should you not eat before ctb or is it depending on the method.
The problem if one doesn't eat for long period, there will be less concentration which may affect the success rate. Also the mental functionality and the inability to think and perform well.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
If your bowels are full, your body will make a mess of poop and pee everywhere after you die. The benefit of not eating for 48 hours or so before killing yourself is making less of a mess for the people who will deal with your body later on. For the person killing themself, I don't think it means much, really. Eat or don't eat, it is up to you.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
If your bowels are full, your body will make a mess of poop and pee everywhere after you die. The benefit of not eating for 48 hours or so before killing yourself is making less of a mess for the people who will deal with your body later on. For the person killing themself, I don't think it means much, really. Eat or don't eat, it is up to you.

My point isn't about the after image but about the efficiency because the act itself need power like everything else.

M

Makhlebite

Apr 8, 2018
Looks like a pretty clear tradeoff. A slightly increased risk of botching the method (if not eating) vs. making a mess (if eating). The former sounds like the better option if failure has no severe consequences and re-attempting is easy, otherwise the latter sounds better - but that also depends on what one considers to be a success.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
My point isn't about the after image but about the efficiency because the act itself need power like everything else.
In that case, it depends on the method. Not eating for 48 hours isn't going to mess practical methods like hanging or whatever, unless you are really, really frail (like me). But if you are taking some sort of medicine or drug, an empty stomach might not be desirable.