Pessimist

Pessimist

Mage
May 5, 2021
What's your take on it? Is it a good idea, or does it make the suicide note seem self-centered and unserious?

Reactions: 0000000000000, sserafim and Nlis2244
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
While it won't feel unserious or self centered, the doctors do not need your consent to keep you alive as a vegetable. Just as they do not need your consent to keep you locked in a ward. They only need your family's money and consent. Not yours. But I suppose it doesn't hurt to try to convince ur family to let you die.

Reactions: 0000000000000, Nlis2244 and loopdaloop
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
My next of kin would sign a DNR because they don't want someone to be a veggie

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
What's your take on it? Is it a good idea, or does it make the suicide note seem self-centered and unserious?
Write DNR/DNI visibly on your body. I think this is fought in court whether or not it is enough to prevent first responders from intervening but there is not much else you can do.

Reactions: loopdaloop
L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
While it won't feel unserious or self centered, the doctors do not need your consent to keep you alive as a vegetable. Just as they do not need your consent to keep you locked in a ward. They only need your family's money and consent. Not yours. But I suppose it doesn't hurt to try to convince ur family to let you die.
yeah exactly, the letter won't have any legal power and the paramedics will intervene and doctors keep alive regardless of one's own wishes but there's no harm in writing one

Reactions: 0000000000000
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
Sure, but you're just "mentally unwell and aren't in the right state of mind, so you don't know what you're talking about :3!) so if it gets botched and you're living in worse conditions you had better bet they will welcome you to your new hellish reality with a smile.

Reactions: TapeMachine
TiredTurtle

TiredTurtle

Oct 29, 2023
I made my family promise that if I'm ever in a vegetative state they will pull the plug, I mention it in a video and also in my suicide Note.

I think you just have to trust that your next of kin will honour your wishes

Reactions: 0000000000000