hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
I notice that a huge amount of people take tynol and other drugs that are commonly found to try kill themselves and only end up hurting themselves or god forbit slowly die in agony.
Should these drugs have a suicide warning label that reads: do not use to suicide a long and painful death or serious harm will happen
Young people especially seem to think basically any pill they swallow in bulk will kill them.
What do you think?

Reactions: sadworld, depressedsally, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 2 others
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
Pro-lifers will die before they help us. If they're going to put any warning it'll be a "don't ctb call a hotline" generic message.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, clocktower, imdone1 and 8 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
that may come out as paranoid but... for pro-lifers unresearched/unreliable methods are probably a good thing. like, it makes it possible for them to identify individual potentially harmfull to themselves, and therefore to the order they believe in.

i can't tell if that would actually be an effective measure. but i am quite sure they would not do such a thing. i mean, although SN, cyanide and other substances are potentially dangerous they do not come with such warnings, so why'd be different?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Rn110bg101, sadworld, depressedsally and 3 others
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
that may come out as paranoid but... for pro-lifers unresearched/unreliable methods are probably a good thing. like, it makes it possible for them to identify individual potentially harmfull to themselves, and therefore to the order they believe in.

i can't tell if that would actually be an effective measure. but i am quite sure they would not do such a thing. i mean, although SN, cyanide and other substances are potentially dangerous they do not come with such warnings, so why'd be different?
I considered this but I thought how most of these suicides using bad methods are usually impulsive.
They very much may reason not to even put a suicide warning as people are stupid and may even try to kill themselves using it more.
You could make the case that SN comes with no label warning you because it is not a common item found at home although if I remember right there was a warning when buying it.

Reactions: sadworld and ecmnesia
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Then you would have to cover a lot of substances while you're at it.

Reactions: imdone1, Matthias_k, sadworld and 5 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
You assume people read things. They don't. It wouldn't matter they would still do it.

Reactions: imdone1, Matthias_k, sadworld and 1 other person
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
The warnings on a pack of cigarettes sure seem to do the trick. We need more nanny state. You don't find the current warning on Tylenol sufficient?

Reactions: Good4Nothing, Matthias_k, sadworld and 3 others
M

Midnight-rain

Student
Jan 1, 2020
"Liver warning: this product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours..."
"Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away...Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms."
There already is a warning, just not one that specifically mentions intention. 4,000 mg of Tylenol is only 8 pills, it doesn't take much of it to hurt your liver. But sadly those small fonted warnings aren't going to stop most impulsive attempts.
No carefully researched suicide plan would involve on an OTC drug as the mechanism for death.

Reactions: Meditation guide, sadworld and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
In the UK a few years ago they introduced restrictions on the amount of these meds you can buy at one time for this very reason. 2 packets of 16 I think. Of course it doesn't stop you going around different shops and stocking up if they really want to.

Reactions: sadworld
depressedsally

depressedsally

Dead
Nov 6, 2020
I notice that a huge amount of people take tynol and other drugs that are commonly found to try kill themselves and only end up hurting themselves or god forbit slowly die in agony.
Should these drugs have a suicide warning label that reads: do not use to suicide a long and painful death or serious harm will happen
Young people especially seem to think basically any pill they swallow in bulk will kill them.
What do you think?
I totally agree with this tbh I tried this a few times being younger in my teens. Didn't have a clue what I was doing and it never worked but then I had a friend who done it once and succeeded so it's very difficult different people react differently to things

Reactions: sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I don't think they'll read any warnings anyway when they are trying to impulsively ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: clocktower, hoping to lose hope, Weary Soul and 3 others
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
As far as paracetamol/acetaminophen it is pretty well known here that these meds are not a viable option to suicide and will cause severe, prolonged pain prior to death (not sure about ibuprofen though).

So I think what sadworld said:

I don't think they'll read any warnings anyway when they are trying to impulsively ctb.

Is very true.

Reactions: sadworld and hoping to lose hope
L

liluglibih

Jul 14, 2020
YES. When I was a dumb teen I swallowed 40 paracetamol not knowing that pill overdoses only work if you take a cocktail of different drugs. Shit was embarrassing waking up in a hospital ward with actual sick people.. lucky I never fucked my liver

D

Darkpheonix

Nov 1, 2020
In the UK a few years ago they introduced restrictions on the amount of these meds you can buy at one time for this very reason. 2 packets of 16 I think. Of course it doesn't stop you going around different shops and stocking up if they really want to.

Exactly...I did this very thing years ago and it did not work...just made me vomit continuously instead.
YES. When I was a dumb teen I swallowed 40 paracetamol not knowing that pill overdoses only work if you take a cocktail of different drugs. Shit was embarrassing waking up in a hospital ward with actual sick people.. lucky I never fucked my liver

Very true!!! I was in the same boat, took a load of paracetamol and ibuprofen and just vomited...a lot. As I have acid reflux no one ever knew!!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cherrypea
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
You see it on television shows and stuff so it gets into your head early. Even now I'm tempted.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc