• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
My neighbors are insufferable but even if they weren't there I would still hate this place. Every place I live in becomes a prison. It warps my mind each time. When I go outside, it doesn't help much because I just feel lost among the public. They're a bunch of unfamiliar faces that make me feel more on edge.

Reactions: EuroMan, Luke, shattered dreams and 4 others
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Have you considered long haul trucking? You dont need to maintain an apt. And you can bank all your money.

Reactions: EuroMan, FTL.Wanderer and Final Escape
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
My neighbors are insufferable but even if they weren't there I would still hate this place. Every place I live in becomes a prison. It warps my mind each time. When I go outside, it doesn't help much because I just feel lost among the public. They're a bunch of unfamiliar faces that make me feel more on edge.
What is the make/model of your car ?

Reactions: Tomasnil and shattered dreams
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
Have you considered long haul trucking? You dont need to maintain an apt. And you can bank all your money.
Yeah I have but I don't have a CDL and the meds I take for anxiety make me drowsy so I'd be disqualified

Reactions: EuroMan and FTL.Wanderer
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
Have you considered an Amphibious Car ?

Reactions: EuroMan, shattered dreams, Final Escape and 1 other person
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
Buy a van bro.

If you buy a van, I can give you resources to converting it into a truly hospitable living environment.

Reactions: EuroMan, Volatile, FTL.Wanderer and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Living in the car is kind of hard I thought I was able to do it but didn't realize how hard it can be. It can be exhausting, and stressful. Having to find places to sleep and you will need gym membership to shower. You will need to have something to pee in because it gets annoying having to find a bathroom all the time. Your diet will really go to shit, it's tough to deal with the cramped space but I've seen people on YouTube do it. You will need to make sure u are never without car insurance, or tags up to date, always check all your lights. I think it's easier to pull this off when u are young which u are. You might like it who knows. I would just try it out first.

Reactions: EuroMan, shattered dreams and FTL.Wanderer
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Buy a van bro.

If you buy a van, I can give you resources to converting it into a truly hospitable living environment.
I've wanted to do this myself, I think it would be awesome as long as your van is in good shape.

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer and Threads
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018

Where do you live? In the truck? What about using the bathroom? Those public facilities freak me out... I'm seriously interested if you're open to replying. Thanks...

Reactions: shattered dreams
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Buy a van bro.

Would you be willing to share more in a PM? (Thanks)

Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Where do you live? In the truck? What about using the bathroom? Those public facilities freak me out... I'm seriously interested if you're open to replying. Thanks...
I did team driving for years, it's not so much "living" as it is just sleeping and working, most of the time having 3 days off a month, then hotel. Bathroom? Milkjug unless #2. showers are pretty good and clean in the truckstops. But its all about who you work for in regards to pay and equipment. The companies have been really picky in who they hire, the extensive background checks will pick up all felonies,misd, ect. Even if "expunged" and relegate you to the bottom of the barrel companies, which then is no longer worth doing.

Reactions: EuroMan, shattered dreams and FTL.Wanderer
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I did team driving for years, it's not so much "living" as it is just sleeping and working, most of the time having 3 days off a month, then hotel. Bathroom? Milkjug unless #2. showers are pretty good and clean in the truckstops. But its all about who you work for in regards to pay and equipment. The companies have been really picky in who they hire, the extensive background checks will pick up all felonies,misd, ect. Even if "expunged" and relegate you to the bottom of the barrel companies, which then is no longer worth doing.

Hey, I really appreciate the honest reply. I don't think I could get used to using public restrooms. Maybe if so many of us weren't so ... what do I say? ... animalistic in the bathroom... The "just sleeping and working" part sounds really tough. Were you doing it while (ever) depressed? Hope it's a lot better for you today.

shattered dreams

shattered dreams

Student
Jun 5, 2018
I have lived in a car multiple times in my life. Of course, I was young, but even then, it was only bearable in the fall, winter, and spring. I tried it in the summer and could not do it. The main obstacle in living in a car is the outside temperature. You could do it year round in San Diego, but then they made it illegal to live in your car for this very reason. It is illegal to be homeless in many places in the great ol USA.

Reactions: iamthezero, EuroMan, Volatile and 1 other person
T

Tiburcio

If you don't feel good living in your house, your car will feel even worse. It's very uncomfortable and nobody deserves living like this. Not worth of continuing.

I tried it in the summer and could not do it. The main obstacle in living in a car is the outside temperature.
Also this.

Reactions: iamthezero, EuroMan, Tomasnil and 2 others
Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
Buy a van bro.

+1 on this. Check r/vandwelling

Reactions: Volatile, Threads and shattered dreams
Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
Living in the car is kind of hard I thought I was able to do it but didn't realize how hard it can be. It can be exhausting, and stressful. Having to find places to sleep and you will need gym membership to shower. You will need to have something to pee in because it gets annoying having to find a bathroom all the time. Your diet will really go to shit, it's tough to deal with the cramped space but I've seen people on YouTube do it. You will need to make sure u are never without car insurance, or tags up to date, always check all your lights. I think it's easier to pull this off when u are young which u are. You might like it who knows. I would just try it out first.

Its one of the rare things in life that's difficult to pull off as a girl.

Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Could you please tell a bit more about it? I don't know what that is. Nor does it translate to anything meaningful.
Team driving is simply 2 or more drivers in the same truck with much tighter driving schedules, much of this type of driving is u.s. mail, but could literally be anything, packages marked "air mail" are usually delivered this way.

Reactions: Luke
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
I have lived in a car multiple times in my life. Of course, I was young, but even then, it was only bearable in the fall, winter, and spring. I tried it in the summer and could not do it. The main obstacle in living in a car is the outside temperature. You could do it year round in San Diego, but then they made it illegal to live in your car for this very reason. It is illegal to be homeless in many places in the great ol USA.
Mark twain once stated " the coldest winter he ever spent was the summer he spent in san francisco".

Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
It's so weird that homelessness is illegal. Not having enough money is illegal. Do they get locked up?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, iamthezero, EuroMan and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Well it's not like as soon as u become homeless that u will just go straight to jail. What happens is that it becomes difficult to avoid breaking the law while you are homeless. So u have to constantly move around, find safe places to sleep, you can't even hang out in certain public spaces for too long. You might get a ticket for some minor thing and you cannot afford to pay it if u don't have a job and a residence. Then it turns into a warrant because u couldn't afford to pay the fine or missed a court date. So because it's difficult to manage your everyday stuff, u are likely to have a hard time staying on top of shit. You will likely start to use substances when u become homeless to pass the time lol! Not a good idea but I totally understand why pple fall into it.

Reactions: iamthezero, EuroMan and Tiburcio
Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
Well it's not like as soon as u become homeless that u will just go straight to jail. What happens is that it becomes difficult to avoid breaking the law while you are homeless. So u have to constantly move around, find safe places to sleep, you can't even hang out in certain public spaces for too long. You might get a ticket for some minor thing and you cannot afford to pay it if u don't have a job and a residence. Then it turns into a warrant because u couldn't afford to pay the fine or missed a court date. So because it's difficult to manage your everyday stuff, u are likely to have a hard time staying on top of shit. You will likely start to use substances when u become homeless to pass the time lol! Not a good idea but I totally understand why pple fall into it.

How did you come out of this?

Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018

Its the same with me in a sense that as soon as memories start to accumulate I feel more and more guilt. You get to know people, then you'll inevitably say or do something "wrong" and it stays. It keeps haunting your mind. Yet you can't even apologize because you know it's stupid.

My mind is not able to form good memories. If something was good it sucks because it's no more. If it's bad well it's bad. Time doesn't heal me. Staying in one place is a guaranteed disaster. I start out as a normal person then become more and more a shut in as I collect memories.

I'm not sure if that makes any sense, this is what I mean by a place becoming a prison for me.

Reactions: Volatile
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
How did you come out of this?
I was never in it but I came close. I had moved to a new location and I was able to work but not as much as normal bc I didn't have a stable residence right away. So I was living out of my car and staying with pple or at motels here and there constantly moving around. So I could imagine how much worse this would have been if I had no way to make an income, no car, and not enough money for motels.

Reactions: ScaredOfLife