C

cjuk

Aug 11, 2024
I plan to cbt soon and I am unsure if I should leave a note for my parents explaining why I decided to cbt. (they are not the reason why I plan to cbt)

• Hugs
Reactions: Zhendou and GoatHerder
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I believe it's up to the individual, it's a personal decision after all, it depends on whether the individual wants to and thinks it's worth leaving one.

Reactions: Zhendou and GoatHerder
GoatHerder

GoatHerder

Life is the problem
Jul 11, 2024
I think everyone should leave a note even if they don't want to disclose the reasons why they ctb, just say that you're tired of living or you hate life because of all the unfairness in the world or something like that. At least that way they won't be wondering why you ctb and can move on with their lives, unless they were the reason then idk.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and Zhendou
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think- if they aren't part of the reason, it may give them at least some comfort to read that. I guess a lot of people leave notes in the hopes of allaying guilt people may have. The whole- 'There's nothing you could have done to help.'

Reactions: Zhendou
T

timetodie24

Warlock
Apr 14, 2023
It's up to you , what you want. But it could help to answer some of their questions if you explain a bit about why you did it and might be a comfort for them to know it wasn't their fault.
And to say any last words you want to them to hear .

A note can't do much and change how they feel but it might help with processing it a little .

But it's very individual the reasons for/against so do what's best for you

SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
It is pretty much entirely up to you. Do you want to write one? If not then don't feel obliged to. ❤️

Reactions: 0utsider.