ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
My whole life has been a battle with mental illness, specifically borderline PD. The last month and a half I've been extremely suicidal in a different way than in the past.
I'm off work now on sick leave, visiting the psych hospital 3 times a week, taking an antidepressant and a sleeping pill.

I was going to adopt a hamster prior to all this, my boyfriend and I built a double cage so we could have two hamsters. Right now I have one.
The medication has made me not steep so low, that and being busy going to the psych hospital and random other life things, however, I still think about death daily.

The nurse told me to keep with the adoption plan, but it's confusing to do that while thinking of dying. I do love animals, I love hamsters, I'd like another one, but getting another one means I can't ctb because I can't abandon my animals nor do I want to put them up for adoption.

I'm so divided...give recovery the 293949th try or not bother...lovely little hamsters...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: achb and WAITING TO DIE
catbuddy515

catbuddy515

Oct 31, 2023
Getting a pet could give u another reason to enjoy ur life, regardless of any ctb plans or urges. U should go for it ^^

Reactions: ForgottenAgain and WAITING TO DIE
R

refused

Oct 31, 2023
I'd say if you love the hamsters and want to do them good. Why not do that, and just kick the CTB can down the road a little.

Reactions: ForgottenAgain and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I love hamsters . I love all animals, they are beautiful and can bring a lot of joy to life.
I hope you can find a good home for them if you are definite about ctb.
I wish you luck in whatever you decide.

Reactions: ForgottenAgain
loneliness0

loneliness0

Oct 13, 2023
[ x ] get hamster
[ x ] post photos of hamster to show everyone how cute he is

❤️

• Love
AloeGarten

AloeGarten

magicka
May 14, 2021
good idea but id suggest a rat instead, theyre way more social and friendly, but ig its personal preference. though if u do get a rat then get at lesat 2 :)

• Hugs
poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
I also have BPD and my bunny helps me tremendously.
Hamsters don't live very long so it's not that big of a comittment - you could look at it as a 1-2 year period to give recovery another try.

• Love
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

Oct 17, 2023
[ x ] get hamster
[ x ] post photos of hamster to show everyone how cute he is

❤️
We went to the adoption section of a pets store where there was a female hamster that was unwanted due to being big and overweight. She is only 5 months but apparently considered too old as well for anyone to want her.

She was so calm and sweet, living in a very bare cage, she didn't even fit the wheel provided...no wonder she is overweight...

We took her home and it felt good to give her a big cage with proper wheel, several houses, plants to forage from, scattered petals, quality food and sand so she can clean herself, everything she needs. She spent quite some time playing in the sand and a lot of time running on the wheel.

This is her and we named her Pipoca (popcorn).
20231104 164401
20231104 164432

Attachments

• 20231104_164401.jpg
    20231104_164401.jpg
    643.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: poisonedminds, BlackMoon, tiger b and 1 other person
Flameboyant

Flameboyant

Jan 23, 2023
So so cute! Im really happy to see that its also looks like a great cage and enviroment. Very often hamsters are stuck in tiny tiny cages, so youre doing a wonderful job with this!

• Love
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

Oct 17, 2023
So so cute! Im really happy to see that its also looks like a great cage and enviroment. Very often hamsters are stuck in tiny tiny cages, so youre doing a wonderful job with this!
She is in a custom made double 120cm x 60cm x 60cm cage that me and my boyfriend made. It's the thing I'm most proud of which took us 3 months to make and a lot of money but it's great for the animals and gives me joy when I look at it, when I'm not terribly depressed...

Glad to know you care about the welfare of hamsters too, they are usually so neglected when they're wonderful creatures, so delicate and sweet.

Here is a picture of the double cage. Little Pipoca is at the top and Maddie is at the bottom
20231105 114433

• Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, poisonedminds and Flameboyant
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Hamsters are so cute <3

• Love
poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
wow that cage is so nice!! Always makes me happy to see pet owners go above and beyond for their little critters. I think you will be an awesome hamster parent!

• Love