mostlycloudy

mostlycloudy

Jul 27, 2021
So I live with a woman that I love very much but things aren't going so well. I am slipping into a depression and what I need from her I'm not getting.

She asked me what I needed to help and I said all I need is love and affection and that this would help. She said that when I'm sick with depression it's the same thing as when someone is sick with the flu and she doesn't want to be around them. So instead of receiving love and affection from her I'm getting the opposite and she's withdrawing. It's making my depression worse.

So my question is should I break it off with her? I'm now actively suicidal and part of me doesn't really care one way or the other since I just want to die anyhow.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be most appreciated.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: mightypabster, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, jellybelly4 and 3 others
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Have you tried any treatment for the depression? If you do that quickly and you are lucky, it could save your relationship.

So many people don't understand mental illness unless they have it. I have ruined some relationships with family members, because their lack of unerstanding despite all my explanations has been so painful. It sounds like she doesn't want to understand or acknowledge that this is an illness that you cannot help.

Reactions: mightypabster and mostlycloudy
mostlycloudy

mostlycloudy

Jul 27, 2021
Thank you, LittleJem. I have been treated in the past and I'm on antidepressants. It's been a recurring problem for years. She knows that.

I get the feeling that she blames and resents me for the depression. Instead of offering what I need that would help, she's doing the opposite and punishing me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: mightypabster, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, demuic and 1 other person
DunnoWhyButYeah

DunnoWhyButYeah

~*-*~
Apr 3, 2020
Do you feel that you could feel yourself better without her?

I chose a divorce from my husband because I believed I could thus focus on myself and recover better. He didn't support me at all, and I didn't get what I needed from the relationship, it just made me feel worse. It's easier for me to be without him, even if I'm not well.

Reactions: jellybelly4 and mostlycloudy
BeyondGoodNEvil

BeyondGoodNEvil

Jun 22, 2020
well if your guts telling to and feel like your get nothing out of the relationship then yeah go for it.
had a girlfriend got along well even in my shit state still loved me its just fuck I couldn't care less my thoughts were everywhere
and on a bad day i said fuck it I want to break up with you.well wont describe the drama but you can guess how it goes
but anyway do i regret it no not really still feel like shit as always even when i was with her
so idk its up to you if you consider it a loss.

Reactions: jellybelly4 and mostlycloudy
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I have been treated in the past and I'm on antidepressants. It's been a recurring problem for years. She knows that.
I get the feeling that she blames and resents me for the depression. Instead of offering what I need that would help, she's doing the opposite and punishing me.

Yes, you should break up with her if her insensitive behavior is making your depression worse

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, jellybelly4 and mostlycloudy