todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
Every human should have human rights.
Saying some should have more than others is saying that one is more human than other.
Dehumanizing is not cool. And What position we are to say that we are better than the other?
Every human suffers. We have justice to deal with criminals so we don't go full barbaric on them. We have other means to avoid crimes so they happens less.
There's no need to dehumanize people. No matter how disgusting you feel they are.
In a few years back mental illness would be enough to dehumanize us. This mindset is very complicated

-----

Stop using the word pedophile to mean child molester that is not what it means.
You have my sympathy. I too have those unrequested feelings, but I am faaaar from taking action. I completely avoid contact with minors, and never once made anything suspicious - and will never do.
I do have self control and I know what's wrong and what's right. I just can't control what my body/mind decided to like.

Like not all guys who like girls are rapists - most have enough self-control and understand that this is not good.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hikikomori1
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
No but if they continue to pose a threat to other people's rights- society needs to be protected. That isn't to say they should be stripped of all rights but some would need to be restricted. Not a good idea to let serial killers, rapists and child molesters mingle freely in society. They probably ought to have their internet monitored too- if they are released- to make sure they're not relapsing. I imagine lots of criminals reoffend. Especially if their crimes are emotionally/sexually driven. What's more important? They are left entirely in peace to integrate back into society and trusted to do that by themselves? Risking them potentially murdering/raping someone. Or- they have certain restrictions and monitors placed on their behaviour? Which might make them feel uncomfortable and restricted but hopefully- no one else dies or gets assualted.

I guess it depends on what you mean by human rights. Are you refering to how we perceive and therefore treat someone? They shouldn't be abused- no. The law should be dealing with the punishment side of things. Should they be trusted though? Debatable. If I was a parent, would I be happy with my child being in contact with a 'reformed' sex offender? No. Sorry but I wouldn't risk my child's safety to make that person feel better about themselves. The risk factor is too high. Would I be happy seeing them supported in a job not involving children- yes. We, as a society need to work out better ways of supporting one another. Especially people who commit crime I imagine- to try and stop them doing it again.
Well yeah, obviously we shouldn't let rapists and murderers roam the streets. No disagreement here. I just meant that they should be held in humane conditions until they can be safely reintegrated into society. Punishment doesn't work in evoking a moral consciousness -- au contraire -- it makes them feel even less guilty for their cruel deeds if cruelty is imposed on them aswell.

I personally don't believe in the concept of human rights anyhow -- I'm way beyond that -- but it just disgusts me to the core when I see how people dehumanize criminals and self-rightously unleash their sadistic impulses on them.

Reactions: todeswunsch and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Well yeah, obviously we shouldn't let rapists and murderers roam the streets. No disagreement here. I just meant that they should be held in humane conditions until they can be safely reintegrated into society. Punishment doesn't work in evoking a moral consciousness -- au contraire -- it makes them feel even less guilty for their cruel deeds if cruelty is imposed on them aswell.

I personally don't believe in the concept of human rights anyhow -- I'm way beyond that -- but it just disgusts me to the core when I see how people dehumanize criminals and self-rightously unleash their sadistic impulses on them.

Yes, I agree. I can't remember which book it was I read it in but the author was arguing against corporal punishment. Saying that back in the day- people ended up having more sympathy with the theif that stole food to the society that dishes out punishment. Plus- the death penalty is obviously problematic if the person is falsely convicted.

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
You have my sympathy. I too have those unrequested feelings, but I am faaaar from taking action. I completely avoid contact with minors, and never once made anything suspicious - and will never do.
I do have self control and I know what's wrong and what's right. I just can't control what my body/mind decided to like.

Like not all guys who like girls are rapists - most have enough self-control and understand that this is not good.

Happy to know i am not the only one here.

• Love
Reactions: todeswunsch
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Yes.

They may forfeit some of those rights depending on their actions.

3x+1

3x+1

Curious
Nov 9, 2023
I may be controversial here but yes, every human deserve human rights

Even Zoophiles, Pedophiles, Stealers, Mozart, Organ donors, Rapist, Murderers, Dictators, Adolf Hitler...

Though that doesn't means they can't be punished for it, in fact I believe and hope that all Zoophiles Pedophiles Stealers Rapist and Murderers will be punished, by prison or even death in some cases...
But you can't remove human rights from them, even if they hurt others everyone deserve to eat, sleep, eat and most importantly, die!

S

SuicidalRabbit

I simply don't deserve friends
Nov 9, 2023
That reminds me of when I was supposed to be transported from the underage mental ward to the adult mental ward and I asked "Are human rights recognized and followed in the adult psychiatric ward?", because there were many human rights and basic rights violations in the underage mental ward. It kinda made the doctor angry. Luckily the adult mental ward was much better and actually helped me.

To answer the question: Everyone except me deserves human rights.
There's just something inheritently wrong with me, which makes me too inhumane to deserve them. I for example rage out against friends I love. I lost every friendship I ever had. I don't deserve to be liked or loved, and I don't deserve human rights. I just hope the government kills me off one day, even though we have a mostly human rights abiding government (Germany). But it would really be better for humanity if I was dead.

And since the question here arised if pedophiles deserve human rights, I want to comment on it: Pedophilia is a feeling you can't control but can, hopefully, be treated. There's a difference between feeling sexual attraction towards children and actually acting on it. Every pedophile deserves free and significant/useful therapy, while every child molester deserves prison for life.

I'm not a pedophile, just giving my opinion of it.

R

Riig

Gott, es tut mir leid.
Nov 15, 2023
All humans should have human rights... except abusers...and rapists...and serial killers...and pedophiles...and...zoophiles.
Always strange seeing how essentially every government in the Northern Hemisphere specifically protects those exact types of people. You will get arrested in certain Countries for taking relatively "harmless" substances like Marijuana for life or just be executed but commit some of the most heinous crimes possible and you'll be off the hook in a year or two with the only "punishment" being on a list that most people wont ever think to look up. Almost like Politicians are protecting people they deem allies.

Reactions: hibikikyuxx