• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

MAG

Jan 20, 2019
as i understand it, short drop suspension isn't supposed to choke you -- it's supposed to close off the bloodflow to the brain. i've been experimenting with a belt, with a washcloth to soften the pressure. i haven't gotten myself to pass out yet -- blood flowing in my ears, but not pass out.

i shouldn't be worried that I can breathe, right? i don't like the suffocating feeling, but i shouldn't have that -- just the passing out from the blood flow, right?

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Deleted member 4288, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
as i understand it, short drop suspension isn't supposed to choke you -- it's supposed to close off the bloodflow to the brain. i've been experimenting with a belt, with a washcloth to soften the pressure. i haven't gotten myself to pass out yet -- blood flowing in my ears, but not pass out.

i shouldn't be worried that I can breathe, right? i don't like the suffocating feeling, but i shouldn't have that -- just the passing out from the blood flow, right?
You should still be able to breathe. But you should start feeling dizzy/faint/weird body/euphoric in under ten seconds. Question: are you easing your weight in slowly or dropping in all at once? You want to really drop in all at once to get what I described and to have a high chance of passing out. I've used rope not belt but should be roughly the same

Reactions: Hotsackage, Deafsn0w, Deleted member 4288 and 5 others
M

MAG

Jan 20, 2019
original plan was to put the end of the belt in the top of the doorway, then wedge a bunch of paper underneath it so it's tight and won't open up. then just lean forward. couldn't get myself to pass out, but did think, 'yeah, this sucks...'

have just been experimenting the last few days. just putting the belt around my neck and seeing if i can get myself to pass out.

wanted to really badly the other day. was thinking about doing it again today, but don't want to right now for some reason. i don't know. i figure i'm going to have to some day. i might need to have a few drinks before i try again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul, Deafsn0w, Deleted member 4288 and 5 others
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I'm sure you know this but results of failed hanging can be horrific. I bring that up only because imo the stakes are much too high to trust to paper jammed in a doorway while drunk. I'd consider getting one of these and some rope and a Carabeaner or two if you're serious

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, newdawnfades and 4 others
M

MAG

Jan 20, 2019
good call.

i just tried the experiment again -- trying to get myself to pass out by just putting the belt around my neck and pulling, but i'm not able to make myself pass out this way...not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
good call.

i just tried the experiment again -- trying to get myself to pass out by just putting the belt around my neck and pulling, but i'm not able to make myself pass out this way...not sure what i'm doing wrong.
That's not going to be enough pressure

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Deleted member 4288, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Think about it: you're putting maybe five pounds of pressure on when you're pulling manually. When you sit all your weight in that might be 150 lb (or whatever) all at once

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Deleted member 4288, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
M

MAG

Jan 20, 2019
i know people have hanged themselves in prison with bedsheets; people have hanged themselves off of doorknobs with scarves. wondering if I should get some rope so i can tie it to the doorknob on the other side of the door.

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
i know people have hanged themselves in prison with bedsheets; people have hanged themselves off of doorknobs with scarves. wondering if I should get some rope so i can tie it to the doorknob on the other side of the door.
I'd recommend rope and one of those doorway anchors I linked to rather than the door knob. Under $30 for both of them

Reactions: Deafsn0w, lemmeeleev, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
Ldog9

Ldog9

Student
Jan 12, 2019
If the belt is thin enough, you may be able to tie it into a knot, throw it over the top and shut the door.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, lemmeeleev, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018

There's one thing you need to watch out for. When you only close off one artery, you will get the feeling that your head is 'going to explode'. This is because you've only closed off the artery that takes blood away from your brain, not the one that takes blood to your brain. When you feel this, stop and try again because you're only giving yourself brain damage at that point.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Deleted member 4288, lemmeeleev and 2 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I would say forget about breathing. I personally need a lot of pressure to get it right and it blocks my airway as well. It's unpleasant but not painful. It's possible you are in the same situation, your carotids might be a bit deeper and require more pressure. Of course being able to breathe would be ideal, but I don't think it works for everyone.

Reactions: Dead Meat, Deafsn0w, Deleted member 4288 and 4 others
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I would say forget about breathing. I personally need a lot of pressure to get it right and it blocks my airway as well. It's unpleasant but not painful. It's possible you are in the same situation, your carotids might be a bit deeper and require more pressure. Of course being able to breathe would be ideal, but I don't think it works for everyone.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but the inability to breathe becomes irrelevant pretty fast when the hanging sensations kick in–the tingling lips, heavy body, euphoria, faintness, etc. Plus 10ish seconds isn't really that long to go without breathing anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w, Mylifeispointless and 2 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
And correct me if I'm wrong, but the inability to breathe becomes irrelevant pretty fast when the hanging sensations kick in–the tingling lips, heavy body, euphoria, faintness, etc. Plus 15ish seconds isn't really that long to go without breathing anyway

exactly

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Dead Meat, Deafsn0w and 2 others
M

MAG

Jan 20, 2019
Actually, I just did the 'experiment' again -- I still didn't pass out, but I was able to hold myself in the position longer than before...I think I was getting used to it.

I should have the main pressure on the right side of my neck, right?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and Deafsn0w
H

Heavenawaits

Jun 13, 2019
There's one thing you need to watch out for. When you only close off one artery, you will get the feeling that your head is 'going to explode'. This is because you've only closed off the artery that takes blood away from your brain, not the one that takes blood to your brain. When you feel this, stop and try again because you're only giving yourself brain damage at that point.
Could you perhaps elaborate a little more? This is my first post/response on the site so please excuse me for being uninformed. Thanks.

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019

Mmm. The carotid arteries take blood to the head. One on each side, though they do bifurcate into the exterior and interior c arteries.
It is the jugular veins that carry blood away.
The arteries lie deeper than the veins, so that is why it is often the case that the veins are blocked, but the arteries are not.

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Mmm. The carotid arteries take blood to the head. One on each side, though they do bifurcate into the exterior and interior c arteries.
It is the jugular veins that carry blood away.
The arteries lie deeper than the veins, so that is why it is often the case that the veins are blocked, but the arteries are not.
It's an older comment written when I was in a different state of mind. Excuse me.

F

Fernandead

Jun 6, 2019
I tried to ctb with a bathrobe string attached to the doorknob. I kind of asphyxiate and stopped because I didn't had the guts. Now my neck is all red and it hurts. Jeez.