• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

jp13

Apr 17, 2018
Some people shoot themselves through the mouth, or aim at the temple and I was wondering what is the best place to shoot yourself in the head to cause the fastest and painless death?

I was also wondering why people don't consider this method more. I understand some people can't get their hands on them, but for the people who can purchase a gun, why don't you?

Squidward

Squidward

This is as brave as I know how to be...
Apr 18, 2018
It takes allot to pull the trigger and its not very fool proof. The survival rate of handguns is scary and using a shotgun just seems difficult to get right.

Also, I don't want to make a mess for anyone to have to deal with.

I

I will go soon

Apr 9, 2018
I've had one for a while, I'd rather be shot than shoot myself as I do not have a steady hand and a sure shot. If you do enough prep work you can set up I guess a device to have it aimed perfectly and maybe even to shoot for you. If you hit and sever the brain stem it is lights out for you.

necroblood66

necroblood66

Apr 19, 2018
From my understanding, temple. As others have said, it's difficult. A lot of people fuck it up.

As humans we tend to be wired to have the innate drive to survive. A resource is no good if the user isn't prepared.

Reactions: Cyanide
Dead Girl Don't Care

Dead Girl Don't Care

Trying but still Dying
Mar 26, 2018
It takes allot to pull the trigger and its not very fool proof. The survival rate of handguns is scary and using a shotgun just seems difficult to get right.

Which is why I plan to shoot myself on the ledge of a tall building, that's my insurance.

In general, I think if one has access to it, it is one of the more practical methods by far. As for any mess, I, at least, frankly don't care. I will be dead so I won't be able to care, and anyone that does have to witness it will die one day and it really won't matter at all.

G

great-ape99

Student
Apr 22, 2018
I've read the back of the neck is the best place as it severs the connection between your body and your brain instantly. Personally I could never choose a messy undignified suicide like this.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I've read the back of the neck is the best place as it severs the connection between your body and your brain instantly. Personally I could never choose a messy undignified suicide like this.
There is no dignity when it comes to death.

Reactions: FullFat
M

Machonne

Apr 25, 2018

Actually the rate of survival is very low if you shoot yourself in the head, but it happens. It does take alot to pull the trigger. It is messy. I use to care about that. Don't do it where people you care about live. A motel room is my choice. Someone will call the cops when they hear it, hopefully.

Last edited:
Squidward

Squidward

Apr 18, 2018
I hear you, but the rates are still too high for my liking. Although I do like "dead girl don't care's" suggestion if I were into the gun thing. I would use a body of water as insurance rather than a rooftop, but same idea.

A motel room is my choice. Someone will call the cops when they hear it, hopefully.

Sounds like a good way to get saved.

M

Machonne

Apr 25, 2018
From a well placed medium calibre gunshot wound to the head? Unlikely. I just don't want an innocent person to find me.

Squidward

Squidward

Apr 18, 2018
From a well placed medium calibre gunshot wound to the head? Unlikely. I just don't want an innocent person to find me.

Too likely for me, but I understand and support the effort not to traumatize anyone. I wish you the best if/when it comes down to that.

Reactions: Therealnobody
K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
There is no dignity when it comes to death.

I can't really argue against it with sound reasoning, I just don't want to exist one second and then not exist the other second, like I wouldn't have any control over it.
While something like suspension hanging would make you die slowly with your own control kinda.
Being splattered over a wall would just feel like a really nonconsensual way of going about it.

Nothing I said really made sense I guess it has to do with some deeply grounded philosophies and morals which I don't recognize.

FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018

So are you in favor of jumping or hanging? Overdose seems like the most difficult of the methods - too many details, generally takes too long.

Reactions: Therealnobody
Squidward

Squidward

Apr 18, 2018
I think dignity in this sense is simply pride and or self esteem.
So are you in favor of jumping or hanging? Overdose seems like the most difficult of the methods - too many details, generally takes too long.

Out of those options, hanging. Jumping makes a similar mess and I don't have faith in chemicals to do it reliably and peacefully.

My favorite method would be drowning though, you can find my explanation of why in the "favorite methods" thread.

BrknEyes

BrknEyes

Walking skeleton
Nov 2, 2023
Medulla oblongata is the best part of the brain to hit for instant death.