thelazybones

thelazybones

Aug 20, 2023
hi im so desperate, the past few days all I've been thinking about is dying I don't know what is wrong with me, I can't stop it won't go. I'm only 20 but i need to die the only thing i have is a shoelace , im thinking of doing partial hanging with it either from my door, or the woods near my house. what is the success rate of this method? i just need to leave i need to leave everything has gone to utter utter shit but i can't get firearms or SN in my countries because it's so anti suicide

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think a shoelace is for someone locked up with like literally no other way out of life.

I'm sure it's reliable but probably not quick as I can't see it stopping blood flow into the brain.

We have loads of megathreads with much better methods.

Most methods are quick, cheap and easily accessible.

thelazybones

thelazybones

Aug 20, 2023
I think a shoelace is for someone locked up with like literally no other way out of life.

I'm sure it's reliable but probably not quick as I can't see it stopping blood flow into the brain.

We have loads of megathreads with much better methods.

Most methods are quick, cheap and easily accessible.
I'm in the UK, I've had a look at other methods but I'm just so lost. I don't want to jump in front of a train . Ideally I'd want to od but i just don't have anything accessible to do it with :( I'll have some more looks on the mega threads.

CouldaHvBeenARock

CouldaHvBeenARock

Farewell, My Concubine
Nov 16, 2023
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Shoelaces is no problem. Prisoners have committed suidice in prison in this way.

Reactions: jusbug
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
That's gonna hurt. I understand the desperation but maybe you should step back and consider your options. At the very least, take the time to plan out your course of action.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I understand the desperation, but as the other poster said, shoelaces are what you use when you're locked up somewhere. While you can attempt this way, it's unadvisable because of questionable reliability. Most people really care about that because of potential for brain damage or permanent disability if failing, or a vegetative state.

Partial hanging is pretty reliable as long as you pinch the carotid artery I heard. Not as much as full suspension of course, but for partial you can "practice" to make sure you hit the artery correctly, unlike with FSH.