• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

rosepanda

rosepanda

Jul 20, 2024
Does anyone else swap from being extremely upset/distressed to extreme happy/optimistic often? I find myself moving from a state of overwhelming emotional distress to a state of almost irrational hope and optimism. It doesn't take any large event for this change to happen; it can be something minor or seemingly nothing at all. Does anyone else experience this or something similar? Thank you :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AMATERASU :-), Ash, lynnschronicles and 2 others
danzk

danzk

Apr 27, 2023
Does anyone else swap from being extremely upset/distressed to extreme happy/optimistic often? I find myself moving from a state of overwhelming emotional distress to a state of almost irrational hope and optimism. It doesn't take any large event for this change to happen; it can be something minor or seemingly nothing at all. Does anyone else experience this or something similar? Thank you :)
this looks borderline

Reactions: rosepanda
hematomatema

hematomatema

Feb 29, 2024
I'm no psychiatrist or whatever, but this sounds like mania. Maybe not full blown but it's the same vibes. I know it from experience, fairly sure I was an inch or two off of a proper manic episode once when I was as low as I am now. Fortunately mania, or more specifically hypomania (mania on its own is a bit more intense) isn't necessarily a bad thing but you've got to watch yourself and keep your mood under control because you're not yourself when you're manic.

I would go see a professional though and tell them about this, can be a sign of schizo-spectrum or bipolar disorder and if you don't already know you have it, then getting on some medication could really turn you around for the better when it comes to suicidality.

• Informative
Reactions: rosepanda
rosepanda

rosepanda

Jul 20, 2024
this looks borderline
This is something I've considered in the past and have spoken to previous therapists about. I think its something I'll revisit with a bit more conviction to see if I can get a more proper evaluation/consideration this time. Thank you :)
I'm no psychiatrist or whatever, but this sounds like mania. Maybe not full blown but it's the same vibes. I know it from experience, fairly sure I was an inch or two off of a proper manic episode once when I was as low as I am now. Fortunately mania, or more specifically hypomania (mania on its own is a bit more intense) isn't necessarily a bad thing but you've got to watch yourself and keep your mood under control because you're not yourself when you're manic.

I would go see a professional though and tell them about this, can be a sign of schizo-spectrum or bipolar disorder and if you don't already know you have it, then getting on some medication could really turn you around for the better when it comes to suicidality.
Thank you for the insight. I will certainly look into this if I decide on moving forward with recovery this week instead of ctb.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lynnschronicles
AppleTreeDog

AppleTreeDog

Nov 20, 2021
I have this and was diagnosed "rapid cycling bipolar"

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: lynnschronicles and rosepanda
C

cursedbynature64

Feb 23, 2024
This sounds a lot like me, I never thought about it like this. I personally always assumed that it is subconscious survival instinct trying to push me away from ctb.

Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
Same bipolar and borderline
😔😔😔

• Love
Reactions: rosepanda and lynnschronicles
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Yeah, I've got BPD and frequently compare myself to the British weather. Four seasons in one day and never know what I'll get from hour to hour. It's exhausting.

• Hugs
Reactions: Defenestration and rosepanda