Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I just threw an entire shepher's pie in the fucking garbage because I thought it was precooked but it's been sitting in my fridge for a week. Why don't they say it needs to be cooked before you buy it. Fuck these people. It doesn't say Frozen or Keep frozen, nothing. Just tiny letters mixed in a paragraph that is the ingredients about baking it. I probably just wasted like $25 or something.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Manaaja, DeutscheKartoffel and 7 others
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one who goes ballistic over things like this.
Sometimes it's the tiny simple things you do to just keep yourself afloat that really get to you when they implode.

Reactions: Disappointered and NearlyIrrelevantCake
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand why you would be angry. That sounds so frustrating. In this life there really is so many things that can go wrong. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Oh what a pity 25 dollars for a pie to end up in the trash, I'm sorry.

• Hugs
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Thanks for your support and understanding. I guess I was just irritated but now I see it's the least of my problems. On the other hand my life is often so empty that even these tiny losses and frustrations can push me over the edge.

I wondered if I should risk cooking it and eating it but after googling how long ground beef can stay good I decided to err on the side of caution. Some sites were saying that you shouldn't eat it after 2 days in the fridge so it just seemed too dangerous.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and DeutscheKartoffel
WadeingThru

WadeingThru

Experienced
Feb 25, 2022
I just threw an entire shepher's pie in the fucking garbage because I thought it was precooked but it's been sitting in my fridge for a week. Why don't they say it needs to be cooked before you buy it. Fuck these people. It doesn't say Frozen or Keep frozen, nothing. Just tiny letters mixed in a paragraph that is the ingredients about baking it. I probably just wasted like $25 or something.
Imho shepherd's pie is no good. Try the pork belly burnt ends.

D

Deleted member 8975

On a side note I LOVE shepherds pie ^_^ DELICIOUS! Potatos mashed, corn, green beans, peas, mushrooms, diced carrots, all sorts of yummy savory flavors and spices kept warm in a nice crispy on the outside soft on the inside doughy crust. Inside a creamy yummy filling…AAAAAAAHHHH I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWW

PIKA.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Disappointered and DeutscheKartoffel
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Damn, why is that pie so expensive? Does it have liquid gold in it or something haha

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Damn, why is that pie so expensive? Does it have liquid gold in it or something haha
Yeah it's ridiculous. It was a full-sized pie but even so it shouldn't cost that much. I usually get my groceries delivered as I hate leaving the house so I guess that's part of it. They know they can jack up the prices.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yeah it's ridiculous. It was a full-sized pie but even so it shouldn't cost that much. I usually get my groceries delivered as I hate leaving the house so I guess that's part of it. They know they can jack up the prices.
Pulp Fiction Milkshake GIF

It just reminded me of that scene in Pulp Fiction haha. Yeah, I get my groceries delivered also. Especially in the light of covid and having panic attacks in public places.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020

It just reminded me of that scene in Pulp Fiction haha. Yeah, I get my groceries delivered also. Especially in the light of covid and having panic attacks in public places.
I'm assuming it would've been a yummy pie but I guess I'll never know lol.

Yeah I started getting groceries delivered during covidism but I don't have a car and walking toward the sprawl that has the grocery stores in my neighborhood just makes me feel sad and anxious, so now I consider delivery as my norm. Just another way the anxious and depressed get fucked over I guess.

Reactions: Lost Magic
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I'm assuming it would've been a yummy pie but I guess I'll never know lol.

Yeah I started getting groceries delivered during covidism but I don't have a car and walking toward the sprawl that has the grocery stores in my neighborhood just makes me feel sad and anxious, so now I consider delivery as my norm. Just another way the anxious and depressed get fucked over I guess.
Maybe you could get a refund. Tell them that the package mislead you or something. Anyway, yeah getting groceries delivered is now my norm too. I'm glad tbh, those supermarkets are a fucking nightmare for the anxious.