foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
There probably isn't a day where I don't go and escape my insufferable reality into my fantasies. Maladaptive daydreaming, disassociation, self soothing, coping, imagination, whatever you want to call it. For me it's mostly the same recurring theme and scenario which I come back to over and over again.

Share your fantasies here and perhaps a bit about how the themes of your fantasy apply to you. This might bring some color to the reasons we are here on this forum, and maybe there is something common to us here.

Mine is imagining having entered a peaceful place, with green grass, blue sky, comfortable breeze. There is a path leading to a house, someone is there, and they welcome and accept my weary body. There is just the two of us in this place. I take a shower and wash away the dirt from reality. We then relax together on a rocking chair on the porch without any worries. A warm hug from this person makes me forget and leave behind all the suffering from reality. I think about intimacy stuff but it never gets sexual.

Overall the theme is escaping from reality and not having to deal with all the bullshit in life. In the fantasy there is no society to worry about, no worry about death, no worry about what to eat, no worry about whether this person likes me or not. I can just let time pass peacefully. It shows my desire and lack of companionship and intimacy. I don't feel safe, always worrying, and so this fantasy becomes my safe space where I can relax and just be.

• Love
Reactions: Nlis2244, PyramidHead, cgrtt.brns and 2 others
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
  • Hugs
Reactions: foreverfalling, cgrtt.brns and MightyPlaza
S

SaltySuh

Aug 12, 2023
My self-soothing fantasy is one where I just live alone in house with my pet turtle. No contact with parents or family. No partner, spouse, or friends. Nobody who can hurt me. I know that homeownership is a fever dream in this day and age, but whatever.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: foreverfalling, lachrymost, TheShyOne and 1 other person
TheShyOne

TheShyOne

We all die anyway
Aug 11, 2023
For me it's creating conversations and just imaginary talking to someone i know. Venting my problems and imagining different situations. IDK why i don't actually talk to them. Most probably because they wouldn't care.

Reactions: foreverfalling
PyramidHead

PyramidHead

Apr 27, 2023
I fantasize about having a "normal" life as boring as that might sound lol. A social circle, my own house, a spouse, my own kids... etc. Always been my fantasy to lead a peaceful, normal life. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad getting old and dying being surrounded by people you love.

Reactions: jar-baby, F&Inside and foreverfalling
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
My self-soothing fantasy is one where I just live alone in house with my pet turtle. No contact with parents or family. No partner, spouse, or friends. Nobody who can hurt me. I know that homeownership is a fever dream in this day and age, but whatever.
Sounds similar to me, wanting to be in a place with no one else. People are a source of pain and drama. Your pet turtle will never hurt you.
For me it's creating conversations and just imaginary talking to someone i know. Venting my problems and imagining different situations. IDK why i don't actually talk to them. Most probably because they wouldn't care.
I sometimes do that as well, talking to people in my head, spilling al the beans and imagining they actually care. Then when I'm with them I have nothing to say, because I've already said everything in my imagination. Or I might say something and realise they don't react in the way I would have liked. Yeah it all feels pointless.
I fantasize about having a "normal" life as boring as that might sound lol. A social circle, my own house, a spouse, my own kids... etc. Always been my fantasy to lead a peaceful, normal life. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad getting old and dying being surrounded by people you love.
Not boring at all. It's perfectly normal to want to belong. Yeah if your fantasies come true you'd want to live it to the fullest.

• Love
Reactions: PyramidHead