B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I was just thinking that there are so many of us here, from all different walks of life. Wouldn't it be a good idea to compile some of our coolest memories, our best stories from life. I'm sure we each have a few, and I'm sure they all vary greatly. So if anyone has anything cool, fun, or unique they want to share about their life, the time is now and the place is here!

• Love
Reactions: xlostie, cgrtt.brns, USER80709 and 2 others
T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
Went to a music festival last month, was moshing hard and some other guy literally dropkicked my leg which caused an ankle injury.
Nonetheless I had a blast and wanted to continue to mosh?! No, I wasn't under influence :pfff:
Well the ankle is fucked, can't work for 6 weeks now. And yeah, it was during a metal concert.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: XdragonsoulX, cgrtt.brns, sorrytosay and 3 others
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
When I was 11/12yo, I lived in a city with a large public park/garden downtown. Full of trees, walking paths, some ponds. There were so many birds there--pigeons, ducks, geese, swans, starlings... It was open to the public during Spring, Summer, and part of Fall.

My Dad and I would go there a few times a year and feed the birds. I'd have birds all over me--landing on my hands, my head, my shoulders. They were so tame and used to people ❤

We were there on the last day the gardens were open, before closing for Winter. A newspaper was there and interviewed Dad and I and took photos. I was in the newspaper, the picture they chose was me and Dad with a swarm of birds around us and a pigeon perched on top of my head. I have a copy of that article printed out.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, bluebus and corazon
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
Went to a music festival last month, was moshing hard and some other guy literally dropkicked my leg which caused an ankle injury.
Nonetheless I had a blast and wanted to continue to mosh?! No, I wasn't under influence :pfff:
Well the ankle is fucked, can't work for 6 weeks now. And yeah, it was during a metal concert.
Love that! Sounds like a real good time, like a real metal concert. What city/ state was it in?
I love concerts, some of the best times I can't remember. lol
When I was 11/12yo, I lived in a city with a large public park/garden downtown. Full of trees, walking paths, some ponds. There were so many birds there--pigeons, ducks, geese, swans, starlings... It was open to the public during Spring, Summer, and part of Fall.

My Dad and I would go there a few times a year and feed the birds. I'd have birds all over me--landing on my hands, my head, my shoulders. They were so tame and used to people ❤

We were there on the last day the gardens were open, before closing for Winter. A newspaper was there and interviewed Dad and I and took photos. I was in the newspaper, the picture they chose was me and Dad with a swarm of birds around us and a pigeon perched on top of my head. I have a copy of that article printed out.
Wow what a beautiful memory. I'm sure you can remember how you felt too. Emotions are so much stronger in memories.
I love that you guys made it into the paper, now that day is forever immortalized. If your dad is still around/ if you are on good terms, it would be worth bringing up that memory with him, I'm sure he would love to think about those times. Thanks for sharing :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake
sorrytosay

sorrytosay

i hate myself xd
Mar 28, 2023
the county fair just ended here as per usual, every year i stared at this scary scary ride and swore i'd always be too scared to get on it. but this year i decided it'd be different, you bet your ass i got on that ride, screamed and maybe cried a bit but i survived and i was and still am so proud of myself.

• Love
Reactions: bluebus, NearlyIrrelevantCake and cgrtt.brns
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I'll probably make a few posts in this thread... One per each experience?

Last year, I was going to write a review for a Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor on their website. But the review form required you to select a [binary...] gender to submit it. I'm non-binary, so wat do??

I e-mailed them about it, and honestly expected some shitty stock response. But they thanked me for pointing it out, immediately removed the gender selection from the review forms. That itself was a win. But they asked for my address...

A few weeks later, a big package came in the mail. I got a gay-ass B&J's t-shirt, stickers, a letter from them, and a shitload of coupons for free B&J's pints. Wear that shirt all the time, put the stickers on my water bottle.

Absolute 11/10 response from them.

Also, the ice cream I wanted to review is their non-dairy stuff. I'm lactose-intolerant and it's nice to be able to eat ice cream without taking pills. Their non-dairy stuff is absolutely just as good as the real stuff, couldn't tell the difference, honestly.

• Love
Reactions: XdragonsoulX, bluebus and cgrtt.brns
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
All of the cats in my neighborhood love me.

• Love
Reactions: bluebus, StolenLife, XdragonsoulX and 2 others
xlostie

xlostie

All I wanna hear is music
Aug 20, 2023
When i fell in love for the first time (i was 16). My significant other knew that i really like spending time in nature and that I've walked most of the parks in our town but they knew a place i didn't. It was a little bit outside of the town but not very far we went there on foot. We had to climb which was the hardest part of our "journey" : D. But when we got on the top of the hill the view was amazing. I could see the whole town. There were some benches, table and fireplace. It was getting cold so they lit a fire. They had brought food we ate there. I felt pure joy back then.

• Love
Reactions: bluebus
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
the county fair just ended here as per usual, every year i stared at this scary scary ride and swore i'd always be too scared to get on it. but this year i decided it'd be different, you bet your ass i got on that ride, screamed and maybe cried a bit but i survived and i was and still am so proud of myself.
I love that story! It feels really good to overcome something like that. You should be proud of yourself! What kind of ride was it- just for my own curiosity/ mental imagery lol. You actually reminded me of the time that I decided to finally go on a ride that I was thought looked too scary. It was also at my town's annual summer fair lol. I remember how much fun it was and how awesome it felt after. Thanks for stirring that up!
Please feel free to share more!
I'll probably make a few posts in this thread... One per each experience?

Last year, I was going to write a review for a Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor on their website. But the review form required you to select a [binary...] gender to submit it. I'm non-binary, so wat do??

I e-mailed them about it, and honestly expected some shitty stock response. But they thanked me for pointing it out, immediately removed the gender selection from the review forms. That itself was a win. But they asked for my address...

A few weeks later, a big package came in the mail. I got a gay-ass B&J's t-shirt, stickers, a letter from them, and a shitload of coupons for free B&J's pints. Wear that shirt all the time, put the stickers on my water bottle.

Absolute 11/10 response from them.

Also, the ice cream I wanted to review is their non-dairy stuff. I'm lactose-intolerant and it's nice to be able to eat ice cream without taking pills. Their non-dairy stuff is absolutely just as good as the real stuff, couldn't tell the difference, honestly.
Share as many as you'd like! I may be the only one, but I think it's really neat getting a glimpse into people's cherished/ fond memories. I, and many people I'm sure, can relate to so many of these experiences.
That's a really cool story! You actually made a positive impact AND stood up for yourself. Double good feels. You should be proud for sure! I love their response, and I'm glad you benefited too. I'm vegan so I totally get the non-dairy thing. I don't really eat ice cream or dessert lol but it's honestly great seeing all the options out there if I did. There used to be like two brands that made non dairy ice cream and now almost every company has their own line. Crazy!
If you're ever in Vermont, the original Ben and Jerry's factory is located there. It's really cool, they have tours and give out fresh ice cream. I'm not sure how much of a B&J's enthusiast you are but if you're ever up in that part of the woods it's definitely worth checking out.
All of the cats in my neighborhood love me.
I'm jealous. Do you just have cats roaming around in the street where you live, lol? That would be really cool
When i fell in love for the first time (i was 16). My significant other knew that i really like spending time in nature and that I've walked most of the parks in our town but they knew a place i didn't. It was a little bit outside of the town but not very far we went there on foot. We had to climb which was the hardest part of our "journey" : D. But when we got on the top of the hill the view was amazing. I could see the whole town. There were some benches, table and fireplace. It was getting cold so they lit a fire. They had brought food we ate there. I felt pure joy back then.
That's a really sweet story. Being in the woods is so romantic and peaceful. And the fact that they went to all that trouble really shows that they cared about you. Absolutely beautiful memory to have, thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
sorrytosay

sorrytosay

i hate myself xd
Mar 28, 2023
it's called the ring of fire, the actual ride looks like just a big circle, the cars were in the inside of the circle; i attached a file to explain better. i'm very bad at descriptions haha. the scariest part is when the ride hangs you upside down and all you feel is gravity pulling your weight down, with only a small seatbelt and a guard that's keeping you from falling. rode it multiple times after and had so much fun boasting about it to my family xp

Attachments

• IMG_8459.jpeg
    IMG_8459.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 0
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
it's called the ring of fire, the actual ride looks like just a big circle, the cars were in the inside of the circle; i attached a file to explain better. i'm very bad at descriptions haha. the scariest part is when the ride hangs you upside down and all you feel is gravity pulling your weight down, with only a small seatbelt and a guard that's keeping you from falling. rode it multiple times after and had so much fun boasting about it to my family xp
Omg that looks freaky. I would be terrified too lol. I might ride that, but only with a friend and a few shots of Jamos before lol. That might not be the best idea now that I think about it. But wow that looks wild, and kinda fun! I'm glad you were able to find the courage to try it, and actually enjoy it too :)

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I'm jealous. Do you just have cats roaming around in the street where you live, lol? That would be really cool
I live in Istanbul and there are many stray cats here, as many people know. Thats why this city got nicknamed "The City of Cats". There are generally cats roaming around the streets but at night, during the summer, here, its too hot and usually uncomfortable for the cats.

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
I live in Istanbul and there are many stray cats here, as many people know. Thats why this city got nicknamed "The City of Cats". There are generally cats roaming around the streets but at night, during the summer, here, its too hot and usually uncomfortable for the cats.
Oh wow I've heard about that. Lots of videos online lol. Really cool thing to have!

• Love
Reactions: アホペンギン