• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Widdershins

Widdershins

Dec 29, 2023
Hi, I had some questions about the shallow water blackout method.

How long do I have to hyperventilate for? I have done up to 20 minutes and managed to hold my breath for up to 2 minutes and have only experienced light headedness.

I have had more success with putting my head between my knees then standing up quickly and then blowing on my thumb. I have gotten really dizzy, I think if I increased the time I would pass out. My second question is if anyone has had good results from this way of passing out for the water method. I tried looking this up on the forums and the first result I got was that it could cause brain damage. :P Is that why the other method of passing out seems to be preferred?

I am new here, so please excuse me if I missed the answers to these questions somewhere else on these forums. Thank you for your time answering.

Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
How long do I have to hyperventilate for?
I wouldn't do it for longer than 2 minutes.
I have done up to 20 minutes and managed to hold my breath for up to 2 minutes and have only experienced light headedness.
What happened after lightheadedness?
I have had more success with putting my head between my knees then standing up quickly and then blowing on my thumb. I have gotten really dizzy, I think if I increased the time I would pass out. My second question is if anyone has had good results from this way of passing out for the water method.
I think, that doesn't make sense to do, because such a blackout would be just temporary, while you need a persistent knock-down effect which is achieved with lowering the amount of oxygen in the blood.

Upvote 0
Widdershins

Widdershins

Dec 29, 2023
Hi Intoxicated,
The lightheadedness passes and sometime after that I can't hold my breath anymore so I breathe.

Upvote 0
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
The lightheadedness passes and sometime after that I can't hold my breath anymore so I breathe.
Was that lightheadedness induced by hyperventilation or long breath-holding?

I was close to SWB before, I went through the following stages:

1. hyperventilating until tingling in fingers was felt,
2. submerging,
3. no urge to breathe,
4. moderate urge to breathe (it was bearable and possible to overcome),
5. urge to breathe was abolished,
6. lightheadedness,
7. sense of impending fainting,
8. getting out of water and starting to breathe,
9. sense of weakness and strong sense of heaviness in the head,
10. perceptions went back to normal.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ang3lz, Chronicoverwhelm and Sylveon
Upvote 0
Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
If you're hyperventilating for more than 5 minutes and still aren't seeing results, this method might just be impossible for you.

I spent about a week researching this method in detail and tried it countless times but it wouldn't work no matter what.

As for the second method of kneeling and standing up, even if it works you might just end up splitting your head open, so on the whole it's just not a great method.

Reactions: Sylveon
Upvote 0
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
I think, I never hyperventilated for 5 minutes or more. This is just too much time, I'd get headache if I were doing it for so long. It seems, multiple cycles of hyperventilation and breath-holding have a cumulative effect, so a big number of attempts done in a row can work.

Reactions: Sylveon and Rumi
Upvote 0
Widdershins

Widdershins

Dec 29, 2023
I tried multiple cycles of hyperventilation followed by breath holding. For the first couple rounds it resulted in increased dizziness, but after continuing some more that didn't happen anymore. :(

Upvote 0
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Why not use gas asphyxiation instead of hyperventilation with air? It should be way more easy than the plain SWB method, since it causes almost guaranteed fainting in less than a minute if you follow a simple procedure.

Upvote 0
ctb_warrior

ctb_warrior

I wish to CTB asap
Feb 11, 2024
Hey dear, i was considering swb for ctb. What are your thoughts on it so far? I just joined today

Upvote 0
Widdershins

Widdershins

Dec 29, 2023
Hey dear, i was considering swb for ctb. What are your thoughts on it so far? I just joined today
To be honest, I gave up on it because I wasn't able to pass out via hyperventilation. Have you been able to do so?

• Aww..
Reactions: ctb_warrior
Upvote 0
ctb_warrior

ctb_warrior

I wish to CTB asap
Feb 11, 2024
To be honest, I gave up on it because I wasn't able to pass out via hyperventilation. Have you been able to do so?
Same shoes :(
Last night, i tried hyperventilation and i felt the light headedness but didn't pass out as yet - i have tried hyperventilation in the past but never fainted.

Initially i was thinking of using HV to faint and then, using plastic bag to ctb.

But i never fainted, that's when I kinda shortlisted SWB as i can get the privacy in the bathroom. However, i only have a bucket and no bath tub to do that.

I tried to dip my head in the water to see how it feels. I felt suffocation without HV.

In another forum post, I consulted if my idea of using bucket is good - they said that, the risk is, bucket me tip over and i might end up vegetable.

I'm kinda stuck at this point as i do not have a big water body to use this. And a bucket might not be the best option. I have a low height bucket, may be that can help - but not getting the confidence.

Upvote 0
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Last night, i tried hyperventilation and i felt the light headedness but didn't pass out as yet - i have tried hyperventilation in the past but never fainted.
Fainting from hyperventilation isn't helpful anyway. SWB is passing out underwater due to a lack of oxygen in the blood. Hyperventilation is only supposed to let you be submerged for a long time without a severe urge to breathe until your blood becomes oxygen-depleted. If you faint due to hyperventilation directly, you wake up shortly after the loss of consciousness, when the cerebral blood flow becomes normal again due to accumulated CO2.

• Hugs
Reactions: ctb_warrior
Upvote 0
ctb_warrior

ctb_warrior

I wish to CTB asap
Feb 11, 2024
Fainting from hyperventilation isn't helpful anyway. SWB is passing out underwater due to a lack of oxygen in the blood. Hyperventilation is only supposed to let you be submerged for a long time without a severe urge to breathe until your blood becomes oxygen-depleted. If you faint due to hyperventilation directly, you wake up shortly after the loss of consciousness, when the cerebral blood flow becomes normal again due to accumulated CO2.
The only challenge is i am not able to find a big water body accessible. Is there a way SWB could be used with a bucket in the privacy?

Upvote 0
C

CoffeeN

Feb 11, 2024
I did try this method until I was exhausted I ended up relaxing in the bathtubđź‘€
Sooo this happens suddenly-
1 . Old woman hit her head against the taps and fell unconscious to the water filled bathtub and died .( No intention of ctb)

2. Happens to drivers wanting to hold their breath under water
It requires so much practice to learn to hold your breath under water.

Either become professional at holding your breath after hyperventilation ( very tough...if you succeed consider being a swimmer...time 1-10 yrs) or take meds to be unconscious then go in or .....another method.
Caution - regular practice of hyperventilation, will cause brain damage.

If you balls of steel jump in a big water body from a good height. First you will be unconscious ( due to the height) and then you will hit sea with great force( same as concrete). You dead dead
Peaceful too .

Upvote 0