• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

spooky_kxtty

spooky_kxtty

Chaos
Feb 20, 2023
I've began researching this method and recently learned from my boyfriend that somehow he got rid of his survival instinct to need air and could successfully drown if he wanted but won't tell me how. All he told me is it was more or less easy. Does anyone know how I could do this?

Grayfield

Grayfield

Student
Feb 13, 2023
This is my chosen method so I've done my homework. This thread explains it very well. Also take a look at this and this videos. It will not fail if you understand it. It is painless. I hope this clears things up for you.

• Informative
Reactions: User00, dancesponge and spooky_kxtty
Upvote 0
Black Sheep One

Black Sheep One

Mar 4, 2023
You play the fainting game under water. Problems are that it is to cold to swim now in the winter. This summer, other swimmers could rescue you as I never find and empty pool or swimming hole. Being in a pool or swimming hole on a nice summer day with other people around aids my survival instinct. On the up side, it seems painless and it looks like an accidental drowning.

Upvote 0
W

whoevencares

Feb 28, 2023
I got taught about this swimming a lot, and even had to tell the lifeguards when I was swimming in a certain way because of SWB. From what I have been told, if you can get past the instinct to come up for air. Its pretty much lights out instantly and there is no recovery from it. Your vision will start to black on the outsides working in and that's how you know you're about to pass out. If you hit that point you have seconds before you're out.
Everyone has said it appears to be extremely peaceful and that's what makes it so easy to miss.

• Wow
Reactions: justasimplemortal and Grayfield
Upvote 0
spooky_kxtty

spooky_kxtty

Chaos
Feb 20, 2023
You play the fainting game under water. Problems are that it is to cold to swim now in the winter. This summer, other swimmers could rescue you as I never find and empty pool or swimming hole. Being in a pool or swimming hole on a nice summer day with other people around aids my survival instinct. On the up side, it seems painless and it looks like an accidental drowning.
How do you learn to faint
I got taught about this swimming a lot, and even had to tell the lifeguards when I was swimming in a certain way because of SWB. From what I have been told, if you can get past the instinct to come up for air. Its pretty much lights out instantly and there is no recovery from it. Your vision will start to black on the outsides working in and that's how you know you're about to pass out. If you hit that point you have seconds before you're out.
Everyone has said it appears to be extremely peaceful and that's what makes it so easy to miss.
How did you get rid of this instinct

Upvote 0
M

my-end

Leaving not grieving
Dec 19, 2022
How do you learn to faint

How did you get rid of this instinct
There are different methods. This is what I've used. Be sitting where you can lean your head back. First, Hyperventilate...breathe heavily, taking deep full breaths, in and out, until you start feeling lightheaded, this could be for about 10 breaths or 20-30seconds.
Once you you've done that, take a deep breath, lean your head back, lightly squeeze (look up valsalva maneuver) with restricted exhaling. Keep the head back and stay relaxed.
Be careful how frequently you do this, it'll cause headaches. Look at the links in that other post.

Last edited:
Reactions: treetop.grazer and spooky_kxtty
Upvote 0
spooky_kxtty

spooky_kxtty

Chaos
Feb 20, 2023
There are different methods. This is what I've used. Be sitting where you can lean your head back. First, Hyperventilate...breathe heavily, taking deep full breaths, in and out, until you start feeling lightheaded, this could be for about 10 breaths or 20-30seconds.
Once you you've done that, take a deep breath, lean your head back, lightly squeeze (look up valsalva maneuver) with restricted exhaling. Keep the head back and stay relaxed.
Be careful how frequently you do this, it'll cause headaches. Look at the links in that other post.
Thank you so much for this

Reactions: my-end
Upvote 0
D

dancesponge

Apr 18, 2023
This is my chosen method so I've done my homework. This thread explains it very well. Also take a look at this and this videos. It will not fail if you understand it. It is painless. I hope this clears things up for you.
Is this still your chosen method? Or has any new information about the method dissuaded you?

It's by far the most interesting method to me.

Upvote 0
Grayfield

Grayfield

Student
Feb 13, 2023
Is this still your chosen method? Or has any new information about the method dissuaded you?

It's by far the most interesting method to me.
It still is. Nothing has changed my mind. I did read that 10 or 15 'deep-fast' breaths (hyperventilation) are enough. I have no idea why some people have come up with a 10-15 minute figure. That sounds absurd and terribly boring. But I do believe it is difficult to carry out in a bathtub, but I don't have one either, so it involves renting an airbnb with a pool. That might be an ethical problem for some. I really don't care. 'Accidents' happen. Only if my financial situation deteriorates even further, would I go for a hotel bathtub.

Upvote 0
D

dancesponge

Apr 18, 2023
Good to hear that it's still your chosen method.

I wish there were some confirmed SWB CTBs here. My due date is next Feb, so maybe I'll be the first :)

Reactions: Grayfield
Upvote 0
H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
dump him if he doesn't tell u. On a srs note can u convince him tht u won't ctb? idk get him to tell u sumhow. i wanna hear his viewpoint on this.

Upvote 0
soontobedone

soontobedone

Leave blank
Feb 27, 2023
I don't think this has proven to be a ctb method. I think it happens rarely and accidentally?

Upvote 0
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
It still is. Nothing has changed my mind. I did read that 10 or 15 'deep-fast' breaths (hyperventilation) are enough. I have no idea why some people have come up with a 10-15 minute figure. That sounds absurd and terribly boring. But I do believe it is difficult to carry out in a bathtub, but I don't have one either, so it involves renting an airbnb with a pool. That might be an ethical problem for some. I really don't care. 'Accidents' happen. Only if my financial situation deteriorates even further, would I go for a hotel bathtub.
from practice what have you needed to reach a blackout?

Upvote 0