• Love
  • Wow
  • Yay!
Reactions: LastFlowers, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, mediocre and 1 other person
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Your post raises an interesting point Soulless. There are many platforms and communities online like Reddit and Twitter where people literally give each other death threats and tell others to kill themselves, but they hardly face much criticism. In fact the usual response is something along the lines of: "well not all of our community is like that. It's only some subreddits/tweets that are cancer, but not all!" On the other hand Sanctioned Suicide is one of the few communities that actually tries to put a stop to this behaviour, and yet the whole forum is negatively generalized because of the bad behaviour of a minority of individuals, it is given the totally opposite response despite the users on here being less hostile on average than in other communities.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, Zzzzz, Dr Iron Arc and 2 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Your post raises an interesting point Soulless. There are many platforms and communities online like Reddit and Twitter where people literally give each other death threats and tell others to kill themselves, but they hardly face much criticism. In fact the usual response is something along the lines of: "well not all of our community is like that. It's only some subreddits/tweets that are cancer, but not all!" On the other hand Sanctioned Suicide is one of the few communities that actually tries to put a stop to this behaviour, and yet the whole forum is negatively generalized because of the bad behaviour of a minority of individuals, it is given the totally opposite response despite the users on here being less hostile on average than in other communities.

Where you say, *negatively generalized because of the bad behaviour of a minority of individuals* I personally don't think it's even that, I think the name of the forum in general makes people instantly on the attack, and assuming that this forum is all hate and death. I do think if the forum had a slightly different name, we would still get heat but more in the way other forums do, Sanctioned Suicide, people focus on the word suicide and instantly put it into a negative context, yet see a thread on say reddit, as it's on reddit its not going to get so much heat,
I hope I make sense?

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
But I need my Instagram and my 3000+ followers! :ahhha:
You've just made me remember that I have to take pics of the cakes I'm gonna eat today and pretend to be happy lol

• Yay!
Reactions: imjustherehi, Hurt, LastFlowers and 2 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
They are a big company owned by Facebook. The bigger you are the more you get away with. It's very easy to shut down places like SS but not sites like Instagram because they have so much power.

The amount of damage these social media companies have done to the world is unbelievable! Yet each year they get bigger! Twitter is the absolute worst.

• Love
Reactions: imjustherehi, demuic, Sprite_Geist and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
They are a big company owned by Facebook. The bigger you are the more you get away with. It's very easy to shut down places like SS but not sites like Instagram because they have so much power.

The amount of damage these social media companies have done to the world is unbelievable! Yet each year they get bigger! Twitter is the absolute worst.
I want to go back to 2008 or something.

• Hugs
Reactions: Belaya Noch and mediocre
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I think SOME social media is OK, its a good way for business to communicate BUT its all shit other wise
Business? Electronic communications? Fella, we Ted Kaczynski mode over here.

Nah, but seriously, everything after and including smartphones is trash.

• Yay!
Reactions: Soulless Angel and signifying nothing
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Where you say, *negatively generalized because of the bad behaviour of a minority of individuals* I personally don't think it's even that, I think the name of the forum in general makes people instantly on the attack, and assuming that this forum is all hate and death. I do think if the forum had a slightly different name, we would still get heat but more in the way other forums do, Sanctioned Suicide, people focus on the word suicide and instantly put it into a negative context, yet see a thread on say reddit, as it's on reddit its not going to get so much heat,
I hope I make sense?
Yes you definitely make sense. And I think you might be right.

Watch me when I'm back at 0%...
Just keep devouring the souls of your enemies and you will be fine.

Last edited:
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
You've just made me remember that I have to take pics of the cakes I'm gonna eat today and pretend to be happy lol
That's what I do. Food pics and memes to show my followers how HAPPY I am.

Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
Fuck that stupid app. I permanently deleted my account last July and haven't looked back. Social media is just a huge competition, facade and show-off game, and I'm not about that.

• Love
Reactions: imjustherehi, demuic and Hurt
Kyu

Kyu

Dec 20, 2020
Absolutely, along with all other social media platforms

Reactions: Largeletters and Fragile