• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

aimless_arrow

aimless_arrow

Lost from the very start
Mar 14, 2023
TW: cutting (not sure if needed on this site)

I'm at a stage in my life where everything seems ok from the outside. I have a partner, a career and generally seem emotionally stable. A few years back, I was in a terrible mental state and had to be stitched up for my SH. My partner has since told me that if I were to cut myself again, he'll be very angry. I'm afraid that he means he'll leave me...

So now I'm stuck here, feeling so hopeless but not ready to die yet. Cutting is the most potent and quick way for me to clear my head and find some mental peace. What other SH methods could I try? I need to feel pain to get that hit but I can't make any new wounds.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: chloramine
IsolatedPotato17

IsolatedPotato17

Sonder Subconscious
Mar 16, 2023
rubber bands might help , they're pretty painful if stretched enough and don't leave any scars. i use them too for SH whenever i need to feel pain without worrying about scars/wounds. im sure there are more methods out there but to me this one seems to help.

Reactions: aimless_arrow
Upvote 0
aimless_arrow

aimless_arrow

Lost from the very start
Mar 14, 2023
rubber bands might help , they're pretty painful if stretched enough and don't leave any scars. i use them too for SH whenever i need to feel pain without worrying about scars/wounds. im sure there are more methods out there but to me this one seems to help.
I've heard about the rubber band method before but never really tried it. Thanks, I guess this is a good alternative if I want to stay low-key about my SH. I assume you snap the rubber band on your wrist while wearing it?

Upvote 0
IsolatedPotato17

IsolatedPotato17

Sonder Subconscious
Mar 16, 2023
I've heard about the rubber band method before but never really tried it. Thanks, I guess this is a good alternative if I want to stay low-key about my SH. I assume you snap the rubber band on your wrist while wearing it?
Yes , that's what I do. you could also wear multiple bands on your wrists and snap them together if you want it to be more painful , but this may leave a slight bruise.

Upvote 0
AVeryLazySloth

AVeryLazySloth

The Laziest
Mar 4, 2023
I smack my right arm with either my left hand, a weight or a hammer. When done hard enough or frequently enough it leaves a bruise but if you do it like me and smack the whole lower arm then it's barely noticeable. Pros of this is that you can press on the bruise to feel the pain again when you're in public. Cons is if you do it hard enough you might break it.

Upvote 0
aimless_arrow

aimless_arrow

Lost from the very start
Mar 14, 2023
If you like the fresh, warm blood, self cannulation is an option.
That's interesting, I've never heard of this method for SH. Maybe I do have a thing for fresh blood (mine), I always get some strange sense of comfort feeling and seeing blood run down my thighs.

Upvote 0
feels_like_rain

feels_like_rain

Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
Sep 29, 2021
That's interesting, I've never heard of this method for SH. Maybe I do have a thing for fresh blood (mine), I always get some strange sense of comfort feeling and seeing blood run down my thighs.
Same here. I haven't cut in a while, but when i did/do, it's not the pain that does it for me. I like seeing the blood run out, the skin cut open. The whole process of doing it gets my full attention… i can escape my brain for a few minutes.
Fortunately i've since found healthier ways to escape, but they're not there at my leisure, which really sucks :/

Upvote 0