• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LucifersIntrovert

LucifersIntrovert

Buried Alive
Sep 10, 2023
As the topic states where do you SH? If you even SH or are sober where did you use to do it? (Congrats on being sober if you are!) Personally I just broke my 3 month sobriety from it but I do it where no one can see because I was thrown into rehab and hospitalized because of it before. So my upper shoulder areas and my thighs are my area. Only thing is your thighs need much more pressure to puncture/cut so I get worried because idk if I'll hit something important or cut to deep to the point of stitches again. But just wanted to see if you guys were in the same boat doing sh in unseen areas of your body.

Reactions: restingplace
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
I do my chest and upper thigh and stomach. I used to do shoulders a rlly long time ago, but I always have to cut them ar a weird angle so I dislike cutting there.

cantthinkofusername

cantthinkofusername

wannabe girl
Feb 25, 2024
left thigh
dont want to get caught so i avoid more visible areas

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I did it on my shoulders so it'd be easy to hide. People questioned wrists and forearms too much. Sometimes I used to punch things which would bruise my knuckles, and while it attracted attention it seemed to not carry the stigma of visible cuts.

Reactions: Unhumanly.
Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

disappear, unseen and unknown
Feb 24, 2023
Arm, shoulder to neck and leg
About around those

cicadafriend

cicadafriend

Jun 13, 2023
Thighs? I am trying not to but I also struggle with dermatillomania and both are hard to refrain from sensation-wise

kwittywhiskerzz!..

kwittywhiskerzz!..

Kwitty!
Mar 24, 2024
Does it hurt? When you first started was it painful, I kinda wanna do it. I feel as if trying to attempt isn't enough.

4am

4am

there’s nothing for you.
Dec 14, 2023
Does it hurt? When you first started was it painful, I kinda wanna do it. I feel as if trying to attempt isn't enough.

the first time it hurts the most, but then you build up tolerance and feel less and less pain.
also i don't wanna be gatekeepy, but i've seen many sh-ers say that you shouldn't even try doing it unless you want to become addicted

xsa

xsa

july 3rd
Oct 7, 2023
My hips. I used to cut myself in some specific areas around my boobs cause i could hide them easily under my bra lol

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
My arm, only twice. First time I was playing around with a scalpel and accidentally stabbed myself, it was... interesting. So I did it again some time later, wasn't as interesting so I didn't do it again.

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
mostly upper arm and thighs, but if im in a manic episode my forearm or hands bc i dont stop and think about ppl not seeing it i just need to do it quick and in the easiest place. i fantasise a lot about doing it on my face and neck but havent yet bc im afraid of the stares and comments and discrimination.

HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Originally on the arms, moved to inner ankles after an ER visit for suicidial thoughts. I had what I believe to be a mental breakdown at 14 I tore apart a safety razor with my bare hands in manic and cut my arms in crosses. I did it one last time at 17 to cope with losing a good friend instead of CTBing that day.

Glad to be 5 years clean now! I've almost relasped recently but it is not fun with scars, even though they're mostly invisible.

For my message to those who never cut/SH and looking at this thread, it is not fun or enjoyable, it's an unhealthy coping mechanism. We are suffering. It is easy to build an addiction due to the emotional rush/relief. And scars are not fun to look at years ahead of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgrtt.brns
_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
Originally forearms until caught. Then outer right thigh and a few scattered scars. Then we quit for 10 years... Then we relapsed after an unexpected divorce from our partner, best friend, and favorite person and covered the fronts of our thighs with scars as well as the outside of our shoulders. Avoid inner thighs and stomach near your belly button. Those areas are super risky.

As others have mentioned, to anyone that is considering starting, please don't. It really doesn't help even if it seems like it for a bit. It just becomes a very destructive habit. And scar tissue is not the same as skin. It is oh-so-fragile. We've caught our nails across our scars and left cuts where skin would just sting a bit at most. We started at 14 and are now ~30 and can't stop even though it doesn't help at all.

Reactions: cgrtt.brns
whiteclaudia

whiteclaudia

cute + well adjusted
Mar 23, 2024
i haven't cut since 2018, mostly just because it seemed to stop "working" for me. i got paranoid about infections as well.

i've still got light scars pretty much everywhere. mostly my thighs, left wrist and shoulder, and my right hip. my hip was the only place i cut where i actually didn't want people to end up seeing and asking questions.