• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

mariastra563

Feb 16, 2024
ive been looking for this across the internet for a long time and have seen people who agree that thoughts of sex or sexual arousal makes them feel more suicidal. however, i never see people talk at all about what this is like, and although i do respect thag decision i also want to have a discussion with anyone who is comfortable to talk about what this is like.

in my experience i can bare sexual arousal and get through most of my day fine but whenever the thought of actual sex comes up or the idea of sexual reproduction and what happens biologically i just feel super gross and violent towards myself, even wishing i could wipe out all human life just to get rid of this horrible gross thing that i can barely grasp as being real.

any thoughts or comments would be appretiated.

• Love
Reactions: 5nicotine
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
ive been looking for this across the internet for a long time and have seen people who agree that thoughts of sex or sexual arousal makes them feel more suicidal. however, i never see people talk at all about what this is like, and although i do respect thag decision i also want to have a discussion with anyone who is comfortable to talk about what this is like.

in my experience i can bare sexual arousal and get through most of my day fine but whenever the thought of actual sex comes up or the idea of sexual reproduction and what happens biologically i just feel super gross and violent towards myself, even wishing i could wipe out all human life just to get rid of this horrible gross thing that i can barely grasp as being real.

any thoughts or comments would be appretiated.
That's unusual. (At least, I have not come across anyone else with similar feelings.) Do you know why you feel this way? Is it the result of something in your background?

Upvote 0
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
There was a study that found that sexual obsession seemed to be linked to suicidality, though it only had just under 300 participants in it. I personally have never felt suicidal due to anything in regards to sex and I think about it more than I'd like to admit. I guess past sexual trauma can cause someone to become suicidal from just thinking about it, but I would imagine that it may extent to sexual arousal too, though I have no sexual trauma so I'm not sure. Some people are also just sex-repulsed in general and find the act of it to be disgusting to think about. Maybe your disgust is so strong that it causes you to feel a bit suicidal when thinking about it? I know that the idea of getting pregnant disgusts me so much that it makes me feel violent, so I don't think that explanation would be too out there.

Reactions: mysadstuff
Upvote 0