Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
which one? How painful is it? I'm really thin so there wouldn't be much fat to cut through.

Reactions: Dead_Inside and Tiburcio
T

toolateforme

Student
Jul 2, 2018
I imagine you would bleed out fairly quickly severing any major artery, but I think getting hit by a train would be a more "pleasurable" death... (shudder)

Reactions: throwaway123 and Tiburcio
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Unless you have massive blood loss quickly, slowly bleeding to death has a feeling like suffocating.

Reactions: throwaway123 and Tiburcio
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
Probably the femoral where it is most superficial (not really sure where that is). I've heard severed arteries are severely painful.

Reactions: Tiburcio
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I think cutting would be unnecessaryly painful. There are better ways imo.

Reactions: Comatose11 and Volatile
Grumble

Grumble

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
I know someone who slit their throat. No feedback about it because she died. Must have been pretty efficient because there were several people around at the time, including police. That would be the carotid, but I've heard the femoral is fastest (of those that are readily accessible). The aorta would be fastest of all, but it's deep inside you.

Horrific all the way around, in pain and otherwise. Any slightest hesitation and it would become exponentially more difficult to endure and keep going. This is one of the last options I would consider. "WOW" is all I have to say about people who go this route.

Reactions: Definitelyworried, Ssname, Volatile and 1 other person
AntiLifeEric

AntiLifeEric

Student
Jun 20, 2018
Cutting one of the femoral arteries would be your best bet.

"The femorals are the main arteries and veins to and from the legs. As you might expect, they carry a lot of blood, and an untreated cut to either one is quickly fatal. In one case, a thirty-four-year-old man bled to death from a 2 millimeter (less than Vs inch) nick to the femoral vein—and the vein is the low-pressure half of the circuit. They run next to each other, with the artery closer to the front of the leg, and are nearest to the skin at the groin, which makes a tourniquet hard to apply if that's the site of the cut.

While knives can be and often are used on impulse, one case showed the benefits, however temporary, of planning and knowledge. A physician applied a local anesthetic to his leg, and then neatly cut his right femoral artery lengthwise. I estimate that he would have lost a fatal amount of blood in about five minutes. He died quickly, and, probably, painlessly." - Geo Stone, Suicide and Attempted Suicide

Main qimg 0399eab9d25ec07929d69e9a89e8799e c

Reactions: lv-gras and Volatile
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
which one? How painful is it? I'm really thin so there wouldn't be much fat to cut through.
... no lie it's going to hurt. But with lidocaine topical and injected. Not so bad. You can also improve the pain by using a needle.... will still kill you....

Reactions: lv-gras
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
I wouldn't try that. Hurts like hell.