L

Leavemebe

Aug 27, 2018
I had a dream last night that I was the living reaper. Not like in Hollywood, with the slashing and the spooky. More like a gentle hand to guide people into the next life.
I had a kit that left no trace, and the people I helped looked peaceful, as if they had simply died in their sleep. I paid house visits in the night, and guided people who asked for it into their eternal slumber.

If there were no laws against assisted suicide, would you help someone that asked?

Reactions: GoneSeptember2018, Rocky M, akosineenee and 7 others
Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
If there where no laws I would help.

Reactions: GoneSeptember2018, StarDust, Rocky M and 1 other person
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I would absolutely help.

The Final Exit network is comprised of individual volunteers who help people die via giving them information on methods and will be present at the death if requested.

Wish their services were available for people like me.

Reactions: StarDust, Rocky M, akosineenee and 4 others
A

atwasoa

Aug 5, 2018
In my perfect government system, suicidal persons must take mandatory theraphy for at least 1 year. İf there is no development on patient. Government should give him the option of lethal injection.
For assited suicide, i must be sure he/she is not making a Rushing decision (ex. After breakup etc). I would gladly help anyone who is life is unbearable for years

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
In my perfect government system, suicidal persons must take mandatory theraphy for at least 1 year. İf there is no development on patient. Government should give him the option of lethal injection.
For assited suicide, i must be sure he/she is not making a Rushing decision (ex. After breakup etc). I would gladly help anyone who is life is unbearable for years

Mandatory therapy unless patient had therapy for years with no or bad results. Which is me. I'm not going to another therapist, ever.

Reactions: StarDust, lv-gras, skitliv and 1 other person
MortDeVivre

MortDeVivre

"If a battle cannot be won, do not fight it."
May 31, 2018
It's hard to imagine for me, but there has to be people who are suicidal, but still mentally healthy. People who want to do it because of their philosophic beliefs, the class system, climate change, etc. No therapy is going to help these people. And no one consented to existing, ever, so I think everyone should be able to receive, upon request and after approval by another party, some kind of suicide kit (after reaching the age of majority in their country of residence).

When you try a game and you don't enjoy it, what do you do? Do you keep playing it, or do you stop? It shouldn't be any different with life.

(The comparison doesn't come from me, I don't know who's the source.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Oblivion, Queenh666, ScaredOfLife and 1 other person
A

atwasoa

Aug 5, 2018
It's hard to imagine for me, but there has to be people who are suicidal, but still mentally healthy. People who want to do it because of their philosophic beliefs, the class system, climate change, etc. No therapy is going to help these people. And no one consented to existing, ever, so I think everyone should be able to receive, upon request and after approval by another party, some kind of suicide kit (after reaching the age of majority in their country of residence).

When you try a game and you don't enjoy it, what do you do? Do you keep playing it, or do you stop? It shouldn't be any different with life.

(The comparison doesn't come from me, I don't know who's the source.)

I get your point. I am just trying to dream a bit realistic system. We already live in a world where we are not allowed to speak about our suicidal tendencies (litteraly).
People tries to put us on mental hospital like prisoners if we try to kill oırself and fail etc.
Like i said on my original post also we should consider people who are giving Rush disicions. My acquantancent killed himself after he found out his gf cheated on him. For his case he could have been saved for example. So i said one year thearphy for that.
You are gonna say one year is too long but i am thinking as a government who needs taxpayer(income). (also i personaly believe society dont let us talk this tendencies just because of their money cycle work, not for "faith")

Reactions: lv-gras
MortDeVivre

MortDeVivre

"If a battle cannot be won, do not fight it."
May 31, 2018
I get your point. I am just trying to dream a bit realistic system. We already live in a world where we are not allowed to speak about our suicidal tendencies (litteraly).
People tries to put us on mental hospital like prisoners if we try to kill oırself and fail etc.
Like i said on my original post also we should consider people who are giving Rush disicions. My acquantancent killed himself after he found out his gf cheated on him. For his case he could have been saved for example. So i said one year thearphy for that.
You are gonna say one year is too long but i am thinking as a government who needs taxpayer(income). (also i personaly believe society dont let us talk this tendencies just because of their money cycle work, not for "faith")
Yeah, what I said isn't much realistic, considering how things are going. More common assisted suicides would be a pill better swallowed by our governments if we were doing things how you said. But money rules everything now; I doubt things are ever going to change, one way or another. Gotta keep the cogs in the machine at all costs.

I think one year is just right, too. I started having ideas a year and a half ago, and it's nice that I didn't do it back then. Now I'm better prepared, and more at peace with my decision.

Reactions: lv-gras and atwasoa
L

Leavemebe

Aug 27, 2018
The 72 hour rule of thumb seems to be helpful for Me. It's often emotional overloads that push me closer to making a hasty exit. I still want to go, but I will always manage to fail if I'm not in a clear head.
I feel like having a facility much like hospice care would be a good way to go. Check in when your mentally ready to exit, and the facility haleps you propperly plan everything out. From final wishes for survivors, to tieing up financial loose ends and picking a reliable method. By the end of a week when logic and cold calculation have had their chance, then it's reasonable to let them go through with it in a clean and peaceful manner.

L

Leavemebe

Aug 27, 2018
Suicidal resources should be giving information and assistance in both directions. Counseling and a safe place for people who are not ready to go, but are crying out for someone to take them seriously. Planning and expert advice for people who really are ready to go, and simply don't want to go alone or want a more humane death.