bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
Probably the most painful way to go I wonder how so many Japanese went through with it?
there-will-be-a-feeling-of-calm-before-the-storm-photo-u3

"A form of Japanese ritual suicide by disembowelment. It was originally reserved for samurai, but was also practiced by other Japanese people later on to restore honor for themselves or for their family. A samurai practice, seppuku was used either voluntarily by samurai to die with honor rather than fall into the hands of their enemies (and likely suffer torture) or as a form of capital punishment for samurai who had committed serious offenses, or performed because they had brought shame to themselves."

It would be easy to get a dagger but I would need a secluded place to do it.

Reactions: lv-gras and Deutsch
satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018
I think they had an assistant that chopped off their head after they cut themselves.

Reactions: lv-gras, TheSternal, Circles and 2 others
satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018
What was also done in Japan was this form of suicide.

"The mummies of monks (Sokushinbutsu) in Japan practised nyūjō (入定), which caused their own death by adhering to a wood eating diet made up of salt, nuts, seeds, roots, pine bark, and urushi tea. They were then buried alive in a pine-wood box full of salt connected by a tube for air and would ring a bell signaling they were alive. When the bell stopped ringing the air tube was removed."

Reactions: lv-gras and Deutsch
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
What was also done in Japan was this form of suicide.

"The mummies of monks (Sokushinbutsu) in Japan practised nyūjō (入定), which caused their own death by adhering to a wood eating diet made up of salt, nuts, seeds, roots, pine bark, and urushi tea. They were then buried alive in a pine-wood box full of salt connected by a tube for air and would ring a bell signaling they were alive. When the bell stopped ringing the air tube was removed."
Wtf. I guess that's painful too.