borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
I fucking hate people who don't even try to understand autism. They refuse to shut the fuck up and just scream constantly to the point that I want to fucking stab them. They need to just stop making noise forever. Everything is too fucking loud. I want this stupid fucking house to burn down so that they'll shut the fuck up.

Why the fuck do people who refuse to understand autism insist on screaming constantly? They don't know how to fucking speak. All they do is scream, and I want to break their fucking necks to get them to shut up. Why do they insist that I'm the one with the problem when they're constantly screaming and shouting? I wish they were dead.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lxions, Rogue Proxy, Source Energy and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It sounds really awful being trapped in that situation, I've also always hated the sound of loud noises, it's horrible how humans create unnecessary noise all for the sake of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, borderline-feline and CTB Dream
Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
When you do it, there's an issue, but when they do it, nothing is wrong.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and borderline-feline
MoriLori

MoriLori

Mar 21, 2023
Man I totally get that. Having sensory overload is such a pain. Literally every single noise just drives you completely insane and people just don't understand how torturing it can be. Having to go through that at work daily myself. My co-worker is literally being as loud as possible on purpose just to annoy me. And he makes fun of me whenever I try to speak up against it.

Still can't believe how autism is still such a misunderstood topic. I hope you have some possibilities to block out the loud noises as much as possible (headphones, ear plugs etc.). Even leaving the scenery for just a few minutes (going outside, going to the toilet,...) can help a bit. It sucks that people know so little about autism. Why should we constantly adjust ourselves for them, but they won't try to understand us?

• Love
Reactions: Hollowman, Rogue Proxy, Source Energy and 1 other person
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Man I totally get that. Having sensory overload is such a pain. Literally every single noise just drives you completely insane and people just don't understand how torturing it can be. Having to go through that at work daily myself. My co-worker is literally being as loud as possible on purpose just to annoy me. And he makes fun of me whenever I try to speak up against it.

Still can't believe how autism is still such a misunderstood topic. I hope you have some possibilities to block out the loud noises as much as possible (headphones, ear plugs etc.). Even leaving the scenery for just a few minutes (going outside, going to the toilet,...) can help a bit. It sucks that people know so little about autism. Why should we constantly adjust ourselves for them, but they won't try to understand us?
I calmed down after going to my room, having a good cry into my blåhaj, and taking a nap, but I really shouldn't have to do that. My father and sister both think that they're autistic, and they claim to be autistic despite not being diagnosed, which pisses me off. They don't understand the basic issues that I have, sensory overload being one of the biggest ones.

I can't use earplugs because my body produces too much cerumen, so I end up with impactions if I use earplugs. As for headphones, they can only do so much, especially since I went into sensory overload already, and silence is what I needed. If I tell people that they're too loud, then they raise their volume and add more noise.

So many people don't even seem to understand what I mean when I say that an environment is too loud. It's not just about decibel rating, but instead how many noises are going on at the same time. If multiple people talk at the same time, then that's a surefire way to get me overstimulated since my brain isn't able to sort out any of the information coming in. I wish I didn't have to work, because I get issues with that a lot at work. There were even times when I broke the rules to take 30 minute crying breaks because I couldn't handle all the noise.

Movement is the other big thing I'm sensitive to. I'm the only employee in the building who only works in the lab since I can't handle all of the moving people outside of the lab. I constantly want to quit, but I need the insurance and the income. I wish I could just be a housecat. I wasn't meant to work; I was meant to lay in the grass and eat berries.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That sounds awful. You're right- it shouldn't be you who has to adjust but sadly- the likelihood is it will probably need to be you. I doubt people will change their behaviour sadly. Have you looked into noise cancelling headphones? Not inner ear ones- obviously. Maybe that would be an option?

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I realized I have a lot of trauma because of being essentially the only autistic person in every environment I've been in with little to no understanding or support. It's terribe.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
That sounds awful. You're right- it shouldn't be you who has to adjust but sadly- the likelihood is it will probably need to be you. I doubt people will change their behaviour sadly. Have you looked into noise cancelling headphones? Not inner ear ones- obviously. Maybe that would be an option?
Headphones don't help. You have to actually be playing audio for them to block out noise, and that audio would still contribute to overstimulation.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Headphones don't help. You have to actually be playing audio for them to block out noise, and that audio would still contribute to overstimulation.
That's a shame... I've never actually tried them. Thought maybe it was too good to be true.

trist

trist

Student
Mar 21, 2023
If I tell people that they're too loud, then they raise their volume and add more noise.

So many people don't even seem to understand what I mean when I say that an environment is too loud. It's not just about decibel rating, but instead how many noises are going on at the same time. If multiple people talk at the same time, then that's a surefire way to get me overstimulated since my brain isn't able to sort out any of the information coming in.
this is exactly my experience and i don't understand why it's so hard to understand for some people. it's kind of nice to be able to relate to someone but it also sucks because this shouldn't happen to us.

• Hugs
Reactions: borderline-feline