• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Edpal247

Edpal247

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
Apparently this becomes more of a thing as you age. I'm 64. I'd ctb now but going through a divorce. Praying(metephorically) that it is over soon!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, davidtorez, Grimpoteuthis and 3 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Just assuming but the hope that it gets better or the optimism to make a good life gets less and less as age increases? Maybe a sense of having done all or having seen all will be higher in older ages.

Reactions: davidtorez, enduringwinter, Edpal247 and 2 others
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
For people over 50 there is this other forum which could be of some use https://www.exitinternational.net/forums/
I'm sorry to hear about your divorce (unless it was a desired event...)
* Please note, forums have been universally closed due to media infiltration. Members are invited to request re-entry & will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, new members have to provide a picture of themselves with a visible ID card. I've got the digital version of PPH, so in theory I could join, but that's the main reason I didn't.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
Apparently this becomes more of a thing as you age. I'm 64. I'd ctb now but going through a divorce. Praying(metephorically) that it is over soon!
The how part. . . I mean, no offense, but old people are a little easier to make die generally.

As for why: I feel like it could take two paths. One, same reasons as young people, but worse physical problems/illness and less hope for things to change. Two, I imagine it's possible to just kinda be satisfied and done, especially if you do have an illness. I think that's almost beautiful in a way. Leaving when you're on top, like announcing your retirement while holding the championship trophy.

• Informative
Reactions: lunar echo, GoatHerder, davidtorez and 1 other person
Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
I think it makes a lot of sense in the end, as you get older health problems arise that you didn't have before and if there are also mental problems compared to a young person you are clearly in a position that offers less possibility of recovery and therefore the suicide becomes a more attractive choice.

Reactions: davidtorez and Edpal247
Edpal247

Edpal247

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
For people over 50 there is this other forum which could be of some use https://www.exitinternational.net/forums/
I'm sorry to hear about your divorce (unless it was a desired event...)
The divorce is very wanted - what a shit fest. So I wait to ctb if possible. until my divorce is settled. If I do now, she gets everything, my kids get nothing. Unfortunately, I am also trying to escape criminql probation for next 5 years. Can't do it, 3 months of it has already taken it's toll on my mind.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and davidtorez
andreamysk

andreamysk

Jun 29, 2024
* Please note, forums have been universally closed due to media infiltration. Members are invited to request re-entry & will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, new members have to provide a picture of themselves with a visible ID card. I've got the digital version of PPH, so in theory I could join, but that's the main reason I didn't.
Thanks for the clarification, I didn't know the details very well (let's say that "in some cases" it could be useful...)
The divorce is very wanted - what a shit fest. So I wait to ctb if possible. until my divorce is settled. If I do now, she gets everything, my kids get nothing. Unfortunately, I am also trying to escape criminql probation for next 5 years. Can't do it, 3 months of it has already taken it's toll on my mind.
Bad situation... I don't know how the law is in your country (in mine it is possible to partially exclude the wife if you leave a will - and in any case a part of the inheritance always goes to the children: but you will certainly know better than me all the details)

Last edited:
Reactions: davidtorez
L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
I'm 64 as well. My "best years", such as they were, are gone. All I really wanted and hoped for are now well beyond possibility. Just waiting for that last trauma or two to give me the courage to do the deed. I have a pretty reliable method.

Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
I think that another part of this is about control. You have less autonomy over your physical body, living situation, relationships, future aspects, and a lot more as you age. Suicide is an alluring choice comparing to patiently waiting for a miserable and unavoidable death that you have zero control of.

Reactions: davidtorez, pthnrdnojvsc and Ligottian
S

sometimesoon

Jul 9, 2024
If I remember right, more people from 18-35 die by suicide than seniors, but seniors have a higher per capita death rate from suicide.

I put the HOT in psychotic
Jul 9, 2024
Idk I feel like I won't CTB until I'm old. When I'm old there's nothing to live for and the world sucks. Sitting around in a nursing home? Wtf kind of life is that I'd rather be dead.

Reactions: GoatHerder and davidtorez
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I've seen all ages , all walks of life , all countries, all types of humans commit suicide or want to commit suicide. the problem is that life is bad no matter who you are. 26 million worldwide attempt suicide 1 millon per year worldwide complete suicide kill themselves per year .

Billionaires have commited suicide, miss USA Chelsie Kryst , actors , singers kurt kobain ,

Terry semel was very rich and didn't commit suicide but got alshiemers and suffered greatly

Anyone can suffer extremely as long as they are alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoatHerder, sometimesoon, Grimpoteuthis and 2 others