MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Did anyone hear about the Asley Smith story? It was a very tragic story of the young women that died in police custody by self-strangulation, whilst she was basically being watched guards, though she seemed to be suffering alot in life, so perhaps it is better that she is now at peace, although ideally she would have received the correct help earlier on so that it would not have come to that. Anyway I feel bad for using that case for tips, but I was wondering how that would work, as surely if you start to self-strangulate using a ligature, as soon as you start to become unconcious surely that would mean you would release the grip on the tie and therefore release the neck pressure, so how would it work? you can see the start of it (sadly) on cctv footage that was used but not the actual act, so how would it work? (r.i.p. Ashley Smith)

Last edited:
U

Userloser2

Aug 27, 2019
I was actually just wondering about the same thing. From what I could see she simply tied something around her neck.

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
I was actually just wondering about the same thing. From what I could see she simply tied something around her neck.
ive been trying in bed at night as thought it would be nice to try and be warm and comfortable whilst you try and do it, but I just always eventually fall asleep and wake up each day with a dressing gown cord around my neck!

U

Userloser2

Aug 27, 2019
Exactly. I want to go in my bed warm and cozy. Probably too much to ask. It looked so simple in the vid. She tied it round her neck and died lying on the floor.

How did she get this right? How was there enough pressure?

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Exactly. I want to go in my bed warm and cozy. Probably too much to ask. It looked so simple in the vid. She tied it round her neck and died lying on the floor.

How did she get this right? How was there enough pressure?
it does seem insane doesnt it, I think (again sadly) just she did alot or quite extreme self harm for a long time before-so probably got very used to pain, discomfort and suffering, but still crazy it worked like that, it must be very rare, with out even a partial drop so no body weight at all.

T

Tsunami

Student
Nov 3, 2023
Would it be possible to CTB with only a rope, without suspension, I mean neither partial, nor full, nor night-night or turnstile? Just squeeze extremely hard and quickly to compress the carotid arteries. My idea would be to tighten a knot at the front hard then before passing out tie a double knot at the back to maintain the compression. I have read cases like this in the media, either voluntary suicides or accidents during stupid challenges by children/teenagers, it must necessarily be possible with a certain knot and a certain speed of execution. Has anyone tried and failed? Why did you fail?