• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

evenkeel27

Feb 1, 2024
I don't really want to talk about why, but i want to self-induce some sort of insanity. I want to go a bit insane and become really skinny. I would still like to be functional, enough to continue with my university degree, studying enough, etc. but i want to be noticeably changed.

People say that you can do things with audio, to drive you crazy over time, but that seems like it would just make me really annoyed. I find LSD induced psychosis interesting, doing a heroic dose and being changed by it, having some schizophrenia symptoms as a result.

I know it's very insensitive/ignorant to be talking about these awful illnesses like this. My grandmother has dementia, so I'm not a stranger to the real side of this sort of thing. But i have a romanticized idea which i think is understandable.

Syd barrett is an example i guess.

Reactions: alltoomuch2
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I don't understand the romanticised idea about going insane?
A few people I know ( under them my son) have had (a) psychosis. And believe me, there's nothing romantic about seeing someone scared about little gnomes hiding in the closet....

E

evenkeel27

Feb 1, 2024
I don't understand the romanticised idea about going insane?
A few people I know ( under them my son) have had (a) psychosis. And believe me, there's nothing romantic about seeing someone scared about little gnomes hiding in the closet....
i fully agree it's pretty stupid, but it's a thought i keep having and the discussion is interesting as i think it's a common phenomenon for neurotic people to think about things like this. I do think there is some part of the idea of going insane which is easy to romanticize, some people feel alienated and asocial and actually going a bit loopy could be seen as a way to validate that instead of just being another moody misanthrope.

rotciv

rotciv

Something In The Way
Mar 25, 2023
I don't really want to talk about why, but i want to self-induce some sort of insanity. I want to go a bit insane and become really skinny. I would still like to be functional, enough to continue with my university degree, studying enough, etc. but i want to be noticeably changed.

People say that you can do things with audio, to drive you crazy over time, but that seems like it would just make me really annoyed. I find LSD induced psychosis interesting, doing a heroic dose and being changed by it, having some schizophrenia symptoms as a result.

I know it's very insensitive/ignorant to be talking about these awful illnesses like this. My grandmother has dementia, so I'm not a stranger to the real side of this sort of thing. But i have a romanticized idea which i think is understandable.

Syd barrett is an example i guess.

It looks like he burned his brain with acid, that's not fun, it's better to use the dopamine to act courageous than to remain apathetic and don't have momentum for ctb a long time until you explode.

I knew someone like that and he is remembered as a sad person who blew the fuse and opted for a radical way.

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Do you understand what you're asking for? Insanity means you have no control, no ability to consent, no ability to be an adult in society. You won't have the option of going skinny when you're declared mentally insane. You might end up eating a crap ton depending on how your brain chooses to react when you take something or do something that causes you to become declared mentally insane. You could end up being raped, end up with HIV from doing drugs or unprotected sex in your bout of insanity. You cannot be functional if you're declared insane/incompetent. If you hallucinate and end up killing someone (which can happen with drug-induced psychosis). Do drugs if you want temporary release from the conscious hold on your brain, but being mentally insane/incompetent is something no one would strive to be if they knew what living with it every day was really like.

Reactions: ForgottenAgain
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
From what I know you won't necessarily turn insane from taking acid or any psychedelic for that matter. They can induce psychosis in those who are already predisposed to it, similar to weed, but I think that only happens to a small percentage of the population.
The truth about psychosis and LSD is much less lurid than these popular myths. Research shows that while using LSD can trigger the onset of schizophrenia in people who are predisposed to it, the drug can't cause the disorder on its own. People who use LSD are no more likely than anyone else to have a psychotic disorder.

LSD likely won't make you insane, which is good since psychosis shouldn't be romanticized. Psychosis has ruined peoples' lives.
It looks like he burned his brain with acid, that's not fun, it's better to use the dopamine to act courageous than to remain apathetic and don't have momentum for ctb a long time until you explode.

I knew someone like that and he is remembered as a sad person who blew the fuse and opted for a radical way.
Acid doesn't burn your brain. He was likely already genetically predisposed to psychosis. The acid would have just caused it onset.

H

Hotsackage

Wizard
Mar 11, 2019
There isn't just psychosis induced by drugs, imagine an existential nightmare and your mind deliberately plays tricks on you, and there's no way out.

Reactions: Unicr0n
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
The past several months I've been having psychotic episodes and I've never felt such terror in my whole life. Please don't pursue this, I don't have full blown psychosis, my experiences were stress induced and even so they were horrible and I'm still afraid they may happen again even though I'm doing better.

It's sad, terrifying and isolating, there's nothing magical or romantic about it, just terror...

manic-dream

manic-dream

Mar 22, 2024
The past several months I've been having psychotic episodes and I've never felt such terror in my whole life. Please don't pursue this, I don't have full blown psychosis, my experiences were stress induced and even so they were horrible and I'm still afraid they may happen again even though I'm doing better.

It's sad, terrifying and isolating, there's nothing magical or romantic about it, just terror...
You really summed it up, it's terrifying and isolating. My family pushed me away for a while because there was nothing else to do.

I went through full blown psychosis because of bipolar mania (I was up for days, a week at a time) and literally the hallucinations were so bad where things I wrote on paper were "disappearing" and reappearing in front of me. I thought I was the second coming of Jesus too and that people wanted to crucify me so I cut my long hair that I loved. I was so paranoid of other people, anyone could be targeting me and it felt like the CIA was in on it. I got sent to inpatient twice too with how bad it got. I became child like too with how bad my perception of reality got I couldn't even read a schedule printed in big letters, I also was reliving all that childhood trauma.

I even really emotionally hurt the people I care about with the things I said and was doing which was the worst part for me too. There was moments I could romanticize it because I was also manic so I felt a lot of extreme joy but it really wasn't nice as a whole and it last a month and as it went on it got worse and worse. There was so much that happened with me.

I got skinny, lost like 15-20 lbs in a month and was weak but gained it back being medicated. Once you go through psychosis someone is going to notice.

• Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain
ForgottenTomb

ForgottenTomb

May 26, 2023
You are a fool. I wouldn't wish psychosis on my worst enemy. You will be setting yourself up for much more suffering and horror than you can handle with no way to opt out. And you have no idea what you will do during a psychosis, you'll have no control over yourself. I'm sure you've suffered enough throughout your life, you don't need this at all.