Moonbounce

Moonbounce

Prototype
Aug 12, 2020
I cut myself for the first in my life a few days ago.

My brother just found out about it and now he's furious with me. I shouldn't care but now I feel super embarrassed and ashamed.

But why should I care!?

idek if i'll ever do it again but tbh it was strangely comforting... I totally get why people do it, now...

• Hugs
Reactions: opiatedreamz, Ghost2211 and ecmnesia
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
you shouldn't feel ashamed, it's a coping mechanism and if anything it's just a sign that you are going through a lot. it's ok.

i am not an example when it comes to self harm, cause not only I used to do it, I still do, it calms me and makes me come back to myself when I'm slipping away. therefore, I'm not trying to judge you or anything, but personally, I'd advise you not to rely on self harm, it's heavily addicted and not socially acceptable, which will (and I believe already is) give you lots of trouble in the future, mostly because, even if you do stop it you won't be able to hide the scars that will gradually become nastier (the more I did it, the deeper I needed to go for it to be effective...)

wish you the best from the bottom of my heart ❤️

Reactions: opiatedreamz, x~Sophia~x and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Your post pretty much laid out the full cycle of self harm. It does feel good when you do it, and it does give temporary relief. The problem is the after effect is scars and people around the person that self harm are likely to shamed them or get angry instead of give comfort. Despite the negative affects of it it can be quite addictive to self harm.

if you don't want to do it again there are other things you can do such a snapping a rubber band on the wrist for holding ice on your skin. Keep in mind I am not judging you in any way. I understand what causes the urges to self harm, and why people do it. I'm sorry life put you in a position where you felt that was the only thing you could do to gain some relief, and I am even more sorry that those around you didn't respond with sympathy and empathy to your suffering.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dizzylady80, opiatedreamz, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
opiatedreamz

opiatedreamz

no-life king
Oct 31, 2020
cutting is a vicious cycle. you start doing it out of curiosity, it feels good. you have scars or doubts about it after, which makes you feel bad. then you have the urge to do it again anyways. and on it repeats. please be careful, it's not fun to get caught up in. it's understandable why you did it though, you were just trying to find a way to feel better. that's not wrong.

Reactions: Dizzylady80, LastWhisper and Ghost2211
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
If you really want to do it, I'd suggest you go for places that people won't see (such as your hips). It's not a good thing to rely on, and can deeply damage yourself if you're not careful. Please be careful and try not to get addicted

Reactions: Ghost2211
One day too late

One day too late

I don't want hope. Hope is killing me.
Aug 14, 2020
You upper thighs are a good place to conceal your cuts. That's where I be cutting.

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
Didn't it hurt?
Pain usually depends on how deep it is and the tool you use. I find that razors tend to sting more than craft knives for example. Also, the hormones released (sorry idk which ones, endorphins or adrenaline maybe?) supersede the pain, this is why it feels good and why it's so addicting. I barely ever feel pain if it's self inflicted