F

freedbird

Mar 2, 2021
I stopped cutting for a couple years now but I just started again, I feel disappointed in myself but it feels so good to do it. This time it's on a hidden area so no one will know, any tips on stopping? It feels like the only thing that calms me down

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Avyn, BandAddict, boydiablo and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Identify the core need and then get it met through another method. Trial and error, maybe. If it's to calm yourself down then exercise, diet change, meditation, etc might be worth trying for a while, idk.

Reactions: Ame and BandAddict
DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Worthless Loser
Mar 29, 2021
Its the only thing that calms me down too. I don't want to stop though I know I should but I don't care anymore.
I think some people use elastic bands or hold ice cubes instead of cutting. Personally elastic bands did nothing for me. Or perhaps writing down how you feel/what you're thinking? Or maybe just going outside even if it's just for a random walk or to the shops.
Sorry I don't have much good advice just wanted to let you know you're not alone in doing it. Lots of people on here self harm so they might be able to give you better advice than me.

F

freedbird

Mar 2, 2021
Its the only thing that calms me down too. I don't want to stop though I know I should but I don't care anymore.
I think some people use elastic bands or hold ice cubes instead of cutting. Personally elastic bands did nothing for me. Or perhaps writing down how you feel/what you're thinking? Or maybe just going outside even if it's just for a random walk or to the shops.
Sorry I don't have much good advice just wanted to let you know you're not alone in doing it. Lots of people on here self harm so they might be able to give you better advice than me.
They don't do anything for me either. I wish cutting didn't leave scars, I don't want people to find out

DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Worthless Loser
Mar 29, 2021
They don't do anything for me either. I wish cutting didn't leave scars, I don't want people to find out
I don't want anyone to find out about mine either. I do it on my legs and always wear trousers even when it's really hot. I like the scars but I don't want anyone else to see them.

F

freedbird

Mar 2, 2021
I don't want anyone to find out about mine either. I do it on my legs and always wear trousers even when it's really hot. I like the scars but I don't want anyone else to see them.
I do them by my hip but I don't get any privacy so I'm scared someone will see when I change or go to shower

• Hugs
Reactions: DarkWolf
boydiablo

boydiablo

Feb 22, 2021
I used to try the rubber band thing and working out, neither really seemed to help much. Recently through I've recently started jumping into freezing cold water when I feel impulses to cut. It seems to be working pretty well for me at least. I get so cold that I can't think about anything else, and when I finally warm up my mind is usually a little clearer. I suspect a really cold shower might also do the trick

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've never liked self-harm. I guess I just can't deal with pain.
As for stopping doing it, have you tried thinking of the future scars which will probably make you love yourself less? I hate scars! Maybe that could help.

Also, look at it this way: it's just an eternal cycle. You might feel a bit better doing it but deep down in your heart you know things are only getting worse.

Anyway, wish you the best and hope you can't stop with the self-harm.

Hugs