Jinxyxx

Jinxyxx

Oct 29, 2023
I don't encourage self harming but if you do it, do it with caution. I have been cutting my wrists before and i don't even think i went too deep but i managed to permanently damage the nerve in my hand. It happened years ago and it still gets so fucking painful at times that i cant move my hand.

I'm not a doctor so its hard for me to give some useful advice here. I would just like to remind you all to do some research first so you don't regret it later. All that i can offer is my own experience and a few things ive heard. Burning your skin leaves very bad scars for a really long time and hitting yourself in the head can cause serious brain damage. Cutting yourself can be fine as long as you're careful enough, keeping your blade clean and know where to do it (from my experience, wrists give more pleasure but thighs are a lot safer).

If i actually decide to make some more research i will post it ig. But im too lazy to do smth like that lmao. This is more of just a warning because i noticed how many people have no idea how serious consequences self harming could have. I used to be one of those people as well and i learned it the hard way.
So if anyone knows more about this or has experience with this or another method that could be useful to know, please feel free to leave a comment here.

Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
What layer of the skin are nerves in? Aren't they supposed to regenerate? How did you damage them permanently? (I hope this doesn't come across as rude. I'm just genuinely curious as to how this stuff works)

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Yeah, it is meant to be done in the surface. No one should be doing it in a deeper level at all. Gotta be careful

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
What layer of the skin are nerves in? Aren't they supposed to regenerate? How did you damage them permanently? (I hope this doesn't come across as rude. I'm just genuinely curious as to how this stuff works)
Nerve endings are found in the dermis. In most case, nerve damage is temporary and will heal over time but there are rare instances where it is permenant. With that in mind, I have no clue on how the OP got permenant nerve damage from cutting their wrist. That's where I usually cut and my wrists are doing fine. I've gotten more nerve damage from biting the back of my hand (which has healed, thankfully).